RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

monday 1st feb heading sargents 5.30am

+2
2-EXTREME
JAZA
6 posters

Go down

monday 1st feb heading sargents 5.30am Empty monday 1st feb heading sargents 5.30am

Post  JAZA Sun Jan 31 2010, 01:24

any one thinking of going out looks to be 10-12knts
JAZA
JAZA

Male
Number of posts : 177
PWC : 2008 Sea-Doo GTX
Best fish landed on your ski : 10LB SNAPPER FLAT ROCK 9-02-10 JIGGING
Job/hobbies : TRADESMAN/JETSKIFISHING/SNOWBOARDING
Humor : YOUR NOT KEEPING THAT ARE U??
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

monday 1st feb heading sargents 5.30am Empty Re: monday 1st feb heading sargents 5.30am

Post  2-EXTREME Sun Jan 31 2010, 01:44

You are twisting my arm..........will let ya know this evening if I am.
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

monday 1st feb heading sargents 5.30am Empty Re: monday 1st feb heading sargents 5.30am

Post  Innsie Sun Jan 31 2010, 03:10

Not for me Jaza. No more room in the fridge. Beer batter last night. Smoked snapper tonight. Fish pie tomorrow... only so much a man can take before he needs RED meat!

Sneaked out this morning at 6am Eastern side Crusoe. Better sized fish were in deeper water of about 20m out from the south marker buoy in a line towards Waiheke's Park Point (I think that's what it's called). Caught 8 but most in closer were smallish 35-38cm. 2 were 45cm from the deeper water but it was hard work without a sounder onboard and just having to guess!

Good luck tomorrow. You may get away launching at Eastern like me this morn. Shortens the ride and fuel usage. Smile
Innsie
Innsie

Male
Number of posts : 198
PWC : Seadoo RXT-X
Best fish landed on your ski : 2m Bronze Whaler off Motihue... well almost landed but cut the line!
Job/hobbies : Finance Adviser / Broker / Business Consultant / Snapper Whisperer / Comedian
Humor : Flight of the Conchords - RULE
Registration date : 2009-05-15

http://www.pfgroup.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  driftar Sun Jan 31 2010, 08:23

Yeah, nice pull up to my sounder Innsie, you grabbed that lone keeper I was chasing around in the chop for an hour and then took off! Had a shocker today, so many fish on the sounder and nothing taking at all, changed baits, changed weights, in the end packed it in and went and did jumps in the Motuhie channel, had nothing on board to lose so got some massive air.. The bit that made me really wanna slit my wrists was when I was launching at Bucklands at about 7.40am an asian guy was pulling in a real decent size snapper from 10 metres from the boat ramp...

Disaster fishing day for me, had the tail bitten of at least 6 baits and landed zilch, going out again tomorrow to redeem myself. First zliching in three months = massive fail. Mrs wasn't happy cause she didn't take steak out of the freezer, too used to the steady stream...
Gotta get my act together and get out earlier...
driftar
driftar

Male
Number of posts : 16
PWC : 2009 Seadoo RXT-X 255hp
Best fish landed on your ski : 7.9lb Snapper 54cm, won't be long till I crack 10lb
Job/hobbies : Media / Surfing, Jetskifishing
Registration date : 2009-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Sun Jan 31 2010, 08:35

Unlucky there Driftar, Innsie stealing your fish and it just not happening for ya.

The snapper are tentative on the bite but once hooked up very agressive. One thing you can try (not sure if you have) when they are like this is drop you softbait size to 4 inch or better yet 3inch, and ensure your jighead or hook has the shortest shaft possible. i.s 3/0 hook size max. The Gulp 3 inch Swimming Mullets in Chartreuse or Glow kick arse and another fisho I know filled his bin with some bad boys all on 3 inch this morning over by Rangi Lighthouse.

I am now planning on getting out Tuesday so will give tomorrow a.m. a miss.
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  alex tomov Sun Jan 31 2010, 09:16

I will be there. Where are you leaving from?

alex tomov

Male
Number of posts : 26
Job/hobbies : Hunting / Fishing / Sking / Diving
Humor : Strictly after the 1st fish of the day !
Registration date : 2009-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  driftar Sun Jan 31 2010, 21:01

Pulled the pin this morning, got up at 5am and wasn't looking flash... been out three times this week though, so family day today... Off to Kelly Tarltons!
driftar
driftar

Male
Number of posts : 16
PWC : 2009 Seadoo RXT-X 255hp
Best fish landed on your ski : 7.9lb Snapper 54cm, won't be long till I crack 10lb
Job/hobbies : Media / Surfing, Jetskifishing
Registration date : 2009-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Innsie Mon Feb 01 2010, 00:18

Hi Drifta.

Thanks for spotting that loner 48cm snapp for me mate. We all love a true sharer of the sea lol! I sleep well as at least I was following your drift as opposed to a lot of guys that sneak in front to get first chance Smile

If I'd known you were empty I'd have given you a few to keep the missus happy Very Happy Just yell out next time.

See you on the water next time. I'll be back on my ski, sounder and all.

Good call not to go out this morning. Looking out my window she's damn horrible out in the channel!
Innsie
Innsie

Male
Number of posts : 198
PWC : Seadoo RXT-X
Best fish landed on your ski : 2m Bronze Whaler off Motihue... well almost landed but cut the line!
Job/hobbies : Finance Adviser / Broker / Business Consultant / Snapper Whisperer / Comedian
Humor : Flight of the Conchords - RULE
Registration date : 2009-05-15

http://www.pfgroup.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  JAZA Mon Feb 01 2010, 00:31

driftar wrote:Pulled the pin this morning, got up at 5am and wasn't looking flash... been out three times this week though, so family day today... Off to Kelly Tarltons!

i pulled the pin too got up at 4.50am Shocked put the ski on the van and it was drizzlen black as sky check wind on guru and up to 15-20knts Rolling Eyes didnt wana get wet back to the warm bed till next time ,,next weekend looking great will try again then.

jarrod
JAZA
JAZA

Male
Number of posts : 177
PWC : 2008 Sea-Doo GTX
Best fish landed on your ski : 10LB SNAPPER FLAT ROCK 9-02-10 JIGGING
Job/hobbies : TRADESMAN/JETSKIFISHING/SNOWBOARDING
Humor : YOUR NOT KEEPING THAT ARE U??
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Mon Feb 01 2010, 09:47

Hey all,

just got some fresh information i'll like to share since we are hitting the same area.

Some lads are doing well drifting at Park point and around this point this week.
best tide working was incoming with either wind from the north throu to the west.

Myself, am hoping to get out either Wednesday / Thursday night.

talk soon
eddie
eddie
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 149
PWC : Seadoo GTX Wake edition 2006
Best fish landed on your ski : 690mm,12.2LB at the Haystack 5/12/09
Job/hobbies : job=sales/marketing.hobbies=rallying and fishing....now jetski fishing!!!
Humor : All Types!!
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down