RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tomorrow morning manukau

Go down

tomorrow morning manukau Empty tomorrow morning manukau

Post  softbaiter Sat Dec 06 2008, 04:08

leaving from clarks beach at whatever time suits.

Southwest 10 knots becoming northeast 10 knots in the evening. Sea slight. Fine weather.
high 05:44 low11:54 high18:10

I will be launching off the beach by the yacht club at clarks beach, can launch you too with my tractor.

BBQ at my house after. Liquor store is very close to home... nuff said lol! afro

pm me or call 021449149

Cheers

Matt
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Number of posts : 517
PWC : Yammie FX140 fishing machine.
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb Snap
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

tomorrow morning manukau Empty Re: tomorrow morning manukau

Post  softbaiter Sat Dec 06 2008, 20:13

well just about to pack up and leave, its currently 6.7 kmh (3.6 knots) wind at grahams beach and zero wind here, 5 knots variable for the day, should be a pearler!!
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Sun Dec 07 2008, 02:45

well a Day of undersized fish and a couple that got away,

Kylie lost an absolutely mad large kahawai, I though its was a shark just due to its size and the way it was acting, My landing net is in the mail, unfortunately I needed it today!!!!! doh

The bar crossing would have been on today for sure if I had someone to accompany me, the rolling ocean swells were good for some hangtime at 40mph as we went up towards the bar, the Wife wasnt liking the big swells as much as me so we decided to head for the calmer waters of orua bay. Sat at orua bay feeding schools of snapper for the first two hours or so at anchor, and burleyed up, we got a lot under close to 30 - probably threw back 20 or so snap's that were 27 - 30cm caught a couple of yellow tail for fresh bait which was good. went through a crapload of bait after and a bit we decided to go have lunch and so we went for the sandy beach at the end of big bay, the water was soo nice I went for a swim, then we sat on the beach and watched HUGE mullet jumping as we ate lunch, after that I headed out for the channel marker but didnt have enough rope to anchor there so we came a bit closer to the point of big bay and grahams beach again. Kylie then hooked up on this possesed large kahawai that put up a decent fight and got right to the ski before waving us goodbye and liberating itself.

after another 30 mins or so there we decided to come home as I plan to go out netting this arvo for some mullet!

Oh and when pulling in the anchor got one Legal scallop! on the anchor
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down