RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think I could fill this new section on my own!!!

+2
2-EXTREME
taurangajet
6 posters

Go down

I think I could fill this new section on my own!!! Empty I think I could fill this new section on my own!!!

Post  taurangajet Thu Jan 08 2009, 02:21

I'll start with my most recent disaster.....

Mum told daughter not to get changed in the car but daughter (10) knew best and wound up the windows to get some privacy (tinted). Managed to catch the top of my rod in the drivers door. I didn't notice and came along, opened the door and snap, broke the top off the rod. Evil or Very Mad
Went fishing next day with daughters new Christmas rod (penance for breaking mine) and my own now slightly shorter rod. Landing a fish I must have raised her rod slightly too high and snap...Oops. 8 Snapper, 1 Trev and $150 for a new rod and $18 to put a new end eye on my rod!!!!!

Prior to Christmas went out fishing and put my sunglasses on top of my hat. Got past the 5 knot marker, nailed it and I could feel my hat coming off but coz thats got a string that goes round my neck I wasn't too worried!!! My friend on the back almost managed to catch them but to no avail. Perscription sunglasses so my first insurance claim minus $150 excess!!!!

I've got more!!!!
taurangajet
taurangajet

Male
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

I think I could fill this new section on my own!!! Empty Re: I think I could fill this new section on my own!!!

Post  2-EXTREME Thu Jan 08 2009, 06:26

LOL !! That's classic TJet I certainly look forward to more of those!!
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

I think I could fill this new section on my own!!! Empty Re: I think I could fill this new section on my own!!!

Post  Jetskifishing Sat Jan 10 2009, 10:54

Awesome stories Julian, I will have to add some of my many learning curves of jetskifishing.
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 735
Best fish landed on your ski : Snapper - 17 Pound, Kingfish - 19 kilo
Job/hobbies : The jetskifishing guy
Humor : Funny Ha!Ha!

http://www.jetskifishing.co.nz

Back to top Go down

I think I could fill this new section on my own!!! Empty loosing stuff

Post  softbaiter Sat Jan 10 2009, 19:02

The other day my wife and I went out with Paulb, Doggie, and Swasi, twas a little bit bumpy, and I had been meaning to bolt the rod holders onto my chilibin, as it was screwed, had the bolts, just hadn't got around to it, on the way across from kawakawa side to ponui i lost a rod holder and a rod .....doh! it was my im6 berkley softbait rod and a mitchell 300 series reel.. DOH lol! luckilly when I bought the rod I bought two, so I have a spare with a little okuma reel loaded with fireline, still sucks though.

last week I went fishing by myself a couple of times, good trips, but the first one i lost a good rapala knife from on top of the bin as I tilted the ski over to wash hands in water, which was ok cause I always have two, then the next day I went out with one knife, and forgot to clip the lid of the chilli down and it opened up and dumped my other knife out into the muddy, leaving me knife-less. I had the eftpos card on me and knew there was a shop at big bay so pulled my ski up a bit at low tide and walked to the shop, scored a knife for 8 bucks which I was very surprised with. ended well, but was a bit of a pita
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Number of posts : 517
PWC : Yammie FX140 fishing machine.
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb Snap
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

I think I could fill this new section on my own!!! Empty Newbie Story

Post  Shdbefishn? Sat Jan 10 2009, 21:44

My first day jetski fishing. If anybody had been watching the would have cracked up, must have looked hilarious. Went out early on the 2nd January without a net (Andrew had warned me to get one). fishing went really well, had a couple up to the ski early on and they busted off before I could land them - bugger. Managed to land a couple after that thanks to an old flannel i keep on board to wipe the salt off my glasses. I hooked up a good snapper and as I started reeling in my other rod took off, so I adjusted the drag on the other and reeled in the catch. I only had time to grab it with the flannel and throw in in the chilli bin without iki-ing it and turned my attention to the other rod. Got it up to the ski and lifted it up and then realised my old flannel was in the bin with the other snapper. So while my hand was getting cut to shreads by the leader (was a good 5kg odd snapper) I attempted to get the flannel off the other snapper in my box, only to have it nearly jump out and then just as I went to grab the other snapper it came off the hook and back down to the depths. I lost a few goodies that day but still managed to bring home 6 good ones. What an introduction to jetski fishing, I'm hooked and only wish it would clear up today. Oh and by the way, I have now got a net lol.
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Sat Jan 10 2009, 21:59

it looks like it may clear up today out here suns trying to shine, water is flat!
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Sat Jan 10 2009, 22:22

Awesome report newbie skifisher, sounds heaps of fun, that is a great trip out with some good fish. Where did you go? A report like that should go amongst the Ultimate Rod Holder fishing reports, feel free to add. Keep up the good effort, photos will be good if you can next time?

Sorry guys I have to say, I have heard to much lost gear and lost fish stories! A few of us oldy jetskifishoes have learn't the hardway at our expense! so all our tips try not to procrastinate as it will make your trips more fun, that is what we are here for. Now don't try and reinvent the wheel!
This is a plug for my Ultimate Rod Holder, guys who have used it will know, it is well developed, quality product, said to be worth every cent! To save loosing gear and ride as hard as you can this is the option to go for instead of loosing valuable fishing time and money researching and developing kiwi inginuity jobs! lol!
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Shdbefishn? Sat Jan 10 2009, 22:40

Was drifting soft baits in the channel between Motuhi and Waiheke from early AM.

The ultimate Rod Holder is an awesome setup, cheers Chris
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Sat Jan 10 2009, 22:47

Awesome 1st trip out NEWBIE well done !!

Now Andrew I am sure you have a few stories to ad here for all of our amusement............

I won't get the ball rolling about that time you were smashing your way home in the rough stuff and had snapper appear floating down your footwells......ooppps did I say this out loud!!
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Sat Jan 10 2009, 22:54

Nice work Newbie.

@ Andrew, My Gen3 of 'Matts Rangi Rodholder' is doing nicely now, ironed out most of the bugs lol!

Not as flash as yours though.
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Sat Jan 10 2009, 23:32

2-EXTREME wrote:Awesome 1st trip out NEWBIE well done !!

Now Andrew I am sure you have a few stories to ad here for all of our amusement............

I won't get the ball rolling about that time you were smashing your way home in the rough stuff and had snapper appear floating down your footwells......ooppps did I say this out loud!!

Yes! I have many a story that has made me laugh and cost me heaps of money, I will get writing in the next few days lol!
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Ducky Sun Jan 11 2009, 11:16

Well since you all have offered your 'tips' and occasional 'duh' moments, I feel it only appropriate to add my own... unlike you all I was showing a new friend to the sport just how flexible my new softbait rod only to end up snapping off the end of it... lucky for me its fixable for around $10!
Ducky
Ducky

Male
Number of posts : 138
PWC : Seadoo GTX
Job/hobbies : Jetski, kayaking, fishing, computers, mountain biking...
Humor : Very much!
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum