RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TECH QUESTION FOR JASE 2ND BATTERY HOOK UP

5 posters

Go down

TECH QUESTION FOR JASE 2ND BATTERY HOOK UP Empty TECH QUESTION FOR JASE 2ND BATTERY HOOK UP

Post  JAZA Mon May 25 2009, 10:12

HI JASE CAN U PLEASE TELL IF THIS WILL WORK IM WANTING TO RUN A SECOND BATTERY AND LOOKING AT GETTING ONE OF THESE VSR RELAYS CHARGES MAIN BATT FIRST TO 13.7V THEN OPENS UP TO CHARGE SECOND BATTERY .WHEN SWITCHED OFF CUTS OFF CONNECTION TO SECOND BATT WHEN IT REACHES 12.8V CAN I USE THIS BATTERY IN THE PIC OR WILL I NEED TO PUT ANOTHER MAIN BATTERY IN LIKE THE STARTER ONE CHEERS Rolling Eyes

[img]TECH QUESTION FOR JASE 2ND BATTERY HOOK UP Vsr10[/img]

[img]TECH QUESTION FOR JASE 2ND BATTERY HOOK UP Kyak_b10[/img]

LOOKING AT RUNNING GPS,FISHFINDER,NAV LIGHTS,ANCHOR LIGHT,CD PLAYER ON SECOND BATTERY affraid
JAZA
JAZA

Male
Number of posts : 177
PWC : 2008 Sea-Doo GTX
Best fish landed on your ski : 10LB SNAPPER FLAT ROCK 9-02-10 JIGGING
Job/hobbies : TRADESMAN/JETSKIFISHING/SNOWBOARDING
Humor : YOUR NOT KEEPING THAT ARE U??
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

TECH QUESTION FOR JASE 2ND BATTERY HOOK UP Empty Re: TECH QUESTION FOR JASE 2ND BATTERY HOOK UP

Post  Jase Tue May 26 2009, 08:02

Hi Jaza
I use the vsr units on boats and they work well,i have installed one on a seadoo with a xtra battery and the owner has had no issues in over a year of running.
If you are going to install take your time and double check installation before powering up ski,and all should be well.
If you get stuck give me a shout!!!
cheers
jase
Jase
Jase

Male
Number of posts : 45
Job/hobbies : Workshop Manager for pwc,setting up fast skis,racing
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

TECH QUESTION FOR JASE 2ND BATTERY HOOK UP Empty Re: TECH QUESTION FOR JASE 2ND BATTERY HOOK UP

Post  JAZA Tue May 26 2009, 08:12

ok thanks for the info what battery would be best to use for this?? are these ones in the pic any good amp wise or should i get another factory seadoo one

cheers jaza
JAZA
JAZA

Male
Number of posts : 177
PWC : 2008 Sea-Doo GTX
Best fish landed on your ski : 10LB SNAPPER FLAT ROCK 9-02-10 JIGGING
Job/hobbies : TRADESMAN/JETSKIFISHING/SNOWBOARDING
Humor : YOUR NOT KEEPING THAT ARE U??
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Jase Tue May 26 2009, 08:25

The one in the pic is nice and compact and can be installed easly enough, if you bought a standard 4 stroke battery you might have problems fitting the batt in as it would be twice as big.
the only thing is dont mix gell cell batteries and wet(acid)batteries either one or the other.
Jase
Jase
Jase

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Tue May 26 2009, 10:24

Hi Crew, as you know I am not one to take short cuts! Yet in this circumstance, as my ski is changed more reguarly to different models, dual battery set up is another uneconomical expense. I do worry occasionally, of an incident of a flat battery with all my auxilary extras, yet to date have had no problems. For piece of mind and minimal space I invested in a mini booster jump pack ($69) today, available at Super Cheap and charges your existing battery in 10 minutes for an emergency. I am yet to see if works and hope this is great peace of mind and would be interested to hear if this strategy has worked for anyone with other low voltage issues.
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 735
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : Snapper - 17 Pound, Kingfish - 19 kilo
Job/hobbies : The jetskifishing guy
Humor : Funny Ha!Ha!
Registration date : 2008-10-14

http://www.jetskifishing.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishoe Tue May 26 2009, 17:54

the seadoo manual says you can't jump start of a pack unless it's got surge protection i don't think the super cheap one has this feature and will take up to much room Question the vsr is only $79 cheap peace of mind when running more than gps an navs, free batt, free tinned cable, 35 min install, no more worry of leaving it all on all day Cool
Fishoe
Fishoe

Male
Number of posts : 539
Best fish landed on your ski : monster
Job/hobbies : Refrigeration engineer/catching big fish
Humor : Fillet And Release
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  HOTBODZ Tue May 26 2009, 18:59

Who sells the vsr ?
HOTBODZ
HOTBODZ

Male
Number of posts : 179
PWC : 2008 SEADOO GTX LTD 215 SUPERCHARGED
Best fish landed on your ski : 7lb Snapper
Job/hobbies : Company Director
Humor : Tag and Release
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Jase Wed May 27 2009, 05:25

contact jason or george at woodbine marine 2651623

jase
Jase
Jase

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down