RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idea's on how to mount Transducer on Yamaha Vx700 PWC

4 posters

Go down

Idea's on how to mount Transducer on Yamaha Vx700 PWC Empty Idea's on how to mount Transducer on Yamaha Vx700 PWC

Post  Morgster79 Thu May 28 2009, 01:36

Hey Guy's,

I'm looking for idea's, tips or tricks on how i can mount my transducer, i recently bought an Eagle Cuda 300 fish finder

It comes with Compact 200kHZ Skimmer transducer with built-in temp sensor and a bracket, but i'm not sure how i should mount it on the back of my VX jet ski? The plan is to mount the Fishfinder in the front storage container, so i have to run the cable from the transducer into the hull of the jet ski, and up into the front storage container, at the same time take the cable to an additional battery for power.

Where's the best place to mount the transducer on this type of ski? Rolling Eyes
Whats the best way of getting this cable into the hull without drilling holes etc? affraid

Any help or suggestions, or photo's of how you have done it before would be greatly appreciated. THANKS GUYS !!!

Idea's on how to mount Transducer on Yamaha Vx700 PWC Vx700_10 Idea's on how to mount Transducer on Yamaha Vx700 PWC 30010 Idea's on how to mount Transducer on Yamaha Vx700 PWC Hst-ws10
Morgster79
Morgster79

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Idea's on how to mount Transducer on Yamaha Vx700 PWC Empty re: Idea's on how to mount Transducer on Yamaha Vx700 PWC

Post  Shdbefishn? Thu May 28 2009, 02:15

pm me your email address and I will send you some, I have a similar gps unit on my VX 110
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Idea's on how to mount Transducer on Yamaha Vx700 PWC Empty Re: Idea's on how to mount Transducer on Yamaha Vx700 PWC

Post  Morgster79 Thu May 28 2009, 02:40

My email address is marc_morgan79@yahoo.com.au

Thanks for sending me some pics.
Morgster79
Morgster79

Male

Back to top Go down

Idea's on how to mount Transducer on Yamaha Vx700 PWC Empty Re: Idea's on how to mount Transducer on Yamaha Vx700 PWC

Post  Morgster79 Mon Jun 01 2009, 12:08

Ok so i put my fish finder in my VX700 here are some pics.

This is one of the few spots where it's a single Hull, so i decided to Silicone it in this corner.
Idea's on how to mount Transducer on Yamaha Vx700 PWC P6010012

As you can see it's quite firmly in place, i pushed it right down so it's basically in contact with the bottom hull.
Idea's on how to mount Transducer on Yamaha Vx700 PWC P6010013

Strapped a secondary battery onto my main battery, so that the fishfinder runs on it's own power.
Idea's on how to mount Transducer on Yamaha Vx700 PWC P6010014

Mounted in my front bin. Very firm and secure in there.
Idea's on how to mount Transducer on Yamaha Vx700 PWC P6010015

Took the ski out and tested it in the surf and all working.
Idea's on how to mount Transducer on Yamaha Vx700 PWC P6010016

Only issue i get is when i'm riding, the vibration seems to make the fishfinder think there are hundreds of fish in the water where there are actually none. It seems to get the depth perfect though.

Also once i'm drifting then the fishfinder seems to work well, i had a huge school of fish swim under the ski and it picked them up no problem.

Any idea's on mounting the transducer differently or increasing the accuracy?
Morgster79
Morgster79

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Aka Hooter Tue Jun 02 2009, 00:49

Hi Morgster if you go back a page and go to page 3 of the what fish finder thread you can see some photos and comments on my transom mount transducer. I have drilled a hole up under the gunwale to get the cable through then put silicone around it. I don't have any interference or reading problems were mine is mounted.

Cheers Hoot
Aka Hooter
Aka Hooter

Male
Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Shdbefishn? Tue Jun 02 2009, 01:57

I have mine mounted in the same single hulled area as yours and suffer no interference at all, mine is however as far away from the tunnel as I could get it as the aluminium of the intake grate partially covers that area. Mine also does not have as much factory sealant as yours which allowed it to go further over than your might allow. Also when gluing it on try & have it as close as possible to square with the skis forward motion and also consider the tilt, ie where will the transducer be pointing when on the plane vs drifting.
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  JAZA Tue Jun 02 2009, 06:42

mount it on the outside mate save hole lot troulble had mind in hull was reading all wrong like yours take your time use factory bolts and make a bracket then all will be sweet not sure with the yamy but i run the cables up and under the rear seat no holes
JAZA
JAZA

Male
Number of posts : 177
PWC : 2008 Sea-Doo GTX
Best fish landed on your ski : 10LB SNAPPER FLAT ROCK 9-02-10 JIGGING
Job/hobbies : TRADESMAN/JETSKIFISHING/SNOWBOARDING
Humor : YOUR NOT KEEPING THAT ARE U??
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down