RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone keen to go out from buckland Beach 07/11 2moro?

+2
Innsie
penpony28
6 posters

Go down

Anyone keen to go out from buckland Beach 07/11 2moro? Empty Anyone keen to go out from buckland Beach 07/11 2moro?

Post  penpony28 Thu Nov 05 2009, 23:50

Heya guys, Amping for a day of good fishing 2moro at 8:45am.

As I am a newbie would be good to go out with some people that know ther stuff.

Hope to see as many of you guys as possible.

penpony28

Male
Number of posts : 11
Job/hobbies : Fishing, Fishing and jet ski fishing!
Registration date : 2009-10-31

http://www.kalessibathroomware.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Anyone keen to go out from buckland Beach 07/11 2moro? Empty Re: Anyone keen to go out from buckland Beach 07/11 2moro?

Post  Innsie Fri Nov 06 2009, 06:44

penpony28, I'm heading out about 6am from Bklds. Back in about 10-11am unless full up before then. I want to get out and back before the wind gets too strong as it looks like wind against tide - makes for rough riding! May see you out there. Think Alex is coming out also. Please note comments about safety on the water. Cheers.
Innsie
Innsie

Male
Number of posts : 198
PWC : Seadoo RXT-X
Best fish landed on your ski : 2m Bronze Whaler off Motihue... well almost landed but cut the line!
Job/hobbies : Finance Adviser / Broker / Business Consultant / Snapper Whisperer / Comedian
Humor : Flight of the Conchords - RULE
Registration date : 2009-05-15

http://www.pfgroup.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Anyone keen to go out from buckland Beach 07/11 2moro? Empty Re: Anyone keen to go out from buckland Beach 07/11 2moro?

Post  dj021 Fri Nov 06 2009, 07:04

Hey Innsie,

Where are you looking to head to? Am keen to tag along.

Cheers
dj021
dj021

Male
Number of posts : 19
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz Snapper
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Back to top Go down

Anyone keen to go out from buckland Beach 07/11 2moro? Empty 6-6:15am tomorrow - Bucklands

Post  Innsie Fri Nov 06 2009, 07:42

Looking at Sargeants Channel. I normally do well there on an incoming tide and it's not too far away. Conditions unlikely to be smooth but it'll be fun. Taking one of my boys out for his first softbait session. I'll be at medium/slow cruise speed as I don't want to lose precious cargo! If fishing's no good there, will probably head out to nthn side Waiheke to check a few spots. Leave the ramp at 6:15am as newbie Alex is coming along and he wants a few extra minutes beauty sleep. Smile I wont be back on this site tonight so see whoever in the morning. I'll be on vhf channel 6 from 6am.
Innsie
Innsie

Male
Best fish landed on your ski : 2m Bronze Whaler off Motihue... well almost landed but cut the line!
Job/hobbies : Finance Adviser / Broker / Business Consultant / Snapper Whisperer / Comedian

Back to top Go down

Anyone keen to go out from buckland Beach 07/11 2moro? Empty done see you boys ther!!

Post  penpony28 Fri Nov 06 2009, 07:45

Heya guys ill be ther 2moro morning at 6sharp!! ya to ryt about safety!! I txt Alex today saying its gona be rough! hahaha I get a bit worried when water gets choppy!! but all good!! cu guys at 6 at bucklands.... maybe be able to fill my bucket up!

penpony28

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  JAZA Fri Nov 06 2009, 09:16

IM LEAVING HMB AT 7.00AM AS WELL HEADING PAST NOISES 35-40M GOOD REPORTS OF THEM OUT THERE AT THE MO SEE U OUT THERE ON CH 6 ANY ONE ELSE ALLOWED OUT FOR 1HR Razz affraid
JAZA
JAZA

Male
Number of posts : 177
PWC : 2008 Sea-Doo GTX
Best fish landed on your ski : 10LB SNAPPER FLAT ROCK 9-02-10 JIGGING
Job/hobbies : TRADESMAN/JETSKIFISHING/SNOWBOARDING
Humor : YOUR NOT KEEPING THAT ARE U??
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Anyone keen to go out from buckland Beach 07/11 2moro? Empty darkness has come upon me!!

Post  penpony28 Sat Nov 07 2009, 05:02

2 weeks in a row no fish!! Am i doing something wrong?..... evry1 around me seems to be getting hooked up!! hmmm.... ne tips?

penpony28

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  JAZA Sat Nov 07 2009, 08:22

nupe thats what happens u gota work to find the fish not always on the sounder just spots that u pick up along the way cast ahead of your drift get in some current to helps start with gulp camo or newpenny half oz jig head go to go
JAZA
JAZA

Male
Number of posts : 177
PWC : 2008 Sea-Doo GTX
Best fish landed on your ski : 10LB SNAPPER FLAT ROCK 9-02-10 JIGGING
Job/hobbies : TRADESMAN/JETSKIFISHING/SNOWBOARDING
Humor : YOUR NOT KEEPING THAT ARE U??
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Innsie Sat Nov 07 2009, 08:31

Penpony, next time we're out I wont have my son on board. That'll enable me to spend some time with you and show the ropes a bit.

There is some science to this fishing thing. You deserved to catch something today. Hey, we all have zilches to keep us in touch with reality! I recommend you do what I did when I started - buy a guide book on softbaiting and then practice and get some seat time on the water. Catch ya mate. Neil

PS: you were a lot better safety wise on the water today Smile
Innsie
Innsie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  newbie Sat Nov 07 2009, 17:10

hey mate,

I now where your coming from. i still cant do this softbait stuff either.
I flooked mine. droped it to the bottom and the fish just latched on as soon as it hit.
the rest of the time didnt have a single bite on the soft bait.

however i had real good succes with the lure.
just let it drift and it was one hit after the other on that, till on hooked the bottom and lost it.

brought some more of those on the way home as it was a safe beat for catching fish next time.

Found when we went deeper the 1 0unce didnt even go to the bottom, to deep, or we need heavier gear??
man it was a choopy ride on the way back. still got a headache LOL.

catch you next week if your keen?

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Sat Nov 07 2009, 20:06

Chasing workups is an option also.
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Number of posts : 517
PWC : Yammie FX140 fishing machine.
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb Snap
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down