RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

drillin holes!

2 posters

Go down

drillin holes! Empty drillin holes!

Post  softbaiter Sat Dec 20 2008, 03:09

well i drilled holes in my beloved today, had to be done....

Fitted the transducer for the sounder with stainless screws crapload of silicone lol, I was going to make a bracket, but by the time you ran it from the mounting point it looks a little ghey, so the transducer is now screwed into the hull, i just gotta finish the stainless finder bracket and we are sorted.

Also built a new chillibin setup, 4 rod holders with leashes, new bin, and some feet on it, now sits up closer to the tow hook, and clears the teltale! hurrah.

tis raining at the moment so waiting for that to stop before I test fit the sounder on its new bracket

Been drinking the new export 33's today, low carb beer, must say for DB its a pretty outstanding beer. The mrs wants to see the 6 pack I once had when I was a young tanned surfer, I dunno what shes on, but id take a keg over a six pack anyday. jocolor afro lol!
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Number of posts : 517
PWC : Yammie FX140 fishing machine.
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb Snap
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

drillin holes! Empty your new rig

Post  swasy Sat Dec 20 2008, 04:07

Hi Softbaiter

I hope your gonna put some photos up of your fishing rig chilly bin etc. as well as your fish finder.

I have loaded some shots of my rig somewhere on the site. Question

Hope to see you out there soon...Ducky and I were considering doing an over-nighter out in the H gulf sometime soon while its warm.
Evening and morning fish etc. few drinks in the evening on the beach and tell stories...Very Happy

Cheers

Keith Very Happy
swasy
swasy

Male
Number of posts : 139
PWC : 2007 YAMAHA FX160HO
Best fish landed on your ski : 10 KG Kingi on light gear (4kg)
Job/hobbies : Buisness Manager & Contract Sales Resource
Humor : I have 4 kids...you have to have a sense of humor
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

drillin holes! Empty Re: drillin holes!

Post  softbaiter Sat Dec 20 2008, 04:19

yeah i still need to get a towbar sorted for the car, only have a tractor for local launching at the moment.

Overnighter sounds good, Ive stayed in Bryants Bay up by scullys reef a few times on the beach.. was pretty sweet!, Yep just having another rain storm at teh moment then im back outside to solder the transducer cable back up and hook up power on the sounder. pics coming soon
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines

Back to top Go down

drillin holes! Empty tell tale

Post  swasy Sat Dec 20 2008, 08:18

Hi again.

I assume you knew that you can actually fully block the tell tale outlet on the Yamaha's... or (like me) use a plastic on/off valve inline to stop the flow when I have a bin on the back...best of both worlds. Wink

I have used a 70 lt bin...and that goes nearly right to the back of the ski.

Cheers

Keith
swasy
swasy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Sat Dec 20 2008, 19:38

Hi Keith, Yeah i Had it disconnected before just pointing out the back, I quite like it though, its good for spraying my mates in their boats ! lol!
Right suns out! time to haul the ski outside and wire up the power to the sounder.. my back is fully sun roasted from yesterday with no shirt! will be wearing a shirt today

Its a south wester today (contrary to the metservice) out here which means the whole awhitu peninsula will be sheltered so I might sneak up around orua bay for a fish to test the sounder later on.

Had no issues re-joining the sounder cable, its just coax cable, like TV antenna, used hotglue for insulation then heatshrink over the top, just like a bought one!
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male

Back to top Go down

drillin holes! Empty weather

Post  swasy Sat Dec 20 2008, 19:54

Hi. yes I use the tell tale for that as well most times you can getaway with oop's sorry tidal drift, wind shift, or I thought you were "on fire" or something like that...Very Happy Enjoy your day on the water...working on the six pack... lol!
swasy
swasy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down