RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sea Doo GTI is it suitable for fishing???

3 posters

Go down

Sea Doo GTI is it suitable for fishing??? Empty Sea Doo GTI is it suitable for fishing???

Post  nowornever Sat Jan 03 2009, 00:29

I been looking at jetskis what does everyone think of the Sea Doo GTI??? Its the 130 horse poer model I have taken one for a run and its got alot of grunt nearly pulled my arms out of there sockets lol.

But would it be suitable for fishing do you think?
nowornever
nowornever

Male
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Sea Doo GTI is it suitable for fishing??? Empty Re: Sea Doo GTI is it suitable for fishing???

Post  softbaiter Sat Jan 03 2009, 01:50

for fishing id look closely at 4 strokes, fuel efficient and easy to maintain.

im a 2 stroke fan from way back but for a jetskifishing, range outweighs performance.
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Number of posts : 517
PWC : Yammie FX140 fishing machine.
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb Snap
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Sea Doo GTI is it suitable for fishing??? Empty Re: Sea Doo GTI is it suitable for fishing???

Post  Jetskifishing Sat Jan 03 2009, 06:09

Should be fine, there is about 5 GTi's fishing here that I know of, just not quite as practical as the larger skis for off shore trips.
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 735
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : Snapper - 17 Pound, Kingfish - 19 kilo
Job/hobbies : The jetskifishing guy
Humor : Funny Ha!Ha!
Registration date : 2008-10-14

http://www.jetskifishing.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Sat Jan 03 2009, 12:36

which model GTI is it ? the late model ones are 10.5 feet long and do come in 4 stroke ? the GTI SE is a 4 stroke 130hp ?
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Number of posts : 517
PWC : Yammie FX140 fishing machine.
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb Snap
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Sea Doo GTI is it suitable for fishing??? Empty thanks for the replies

Post  nowornever Sat Jan 03 2009, 23:42

the lengthh is 129 inchs, I am not sure i think the yamaha is bigger, yes its 130 hp and its the newest model out. 13,500 brand new is cheap but I have heard there dear a poison to get fixed. I really want the naturally asperated Yamaha fx I think it is 19,000 I got my truck up for sale and I am hoping it will sell soon and then I may go for the Yamaha.

The issue for me Is I like the thoughth of a fresh water cooled motor, but at the same time I am a bit suspect on the word Sea Doo. But then the Sea Doo may not be suitable for offshore.

Most of the fishing I will be doing will be offshore. More feedback would be great big decision and I dont want to stuff it...........
nowornever
nowornever

Male
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down