RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the most reliable ski on the market??

3 posters

Go down

What is the most reliable ski on the market?? Empty What is the most reliable ski on the market??

Post  nowornever Sun Jan 04 2009, 00:17

Can everyone throw in there 2 cents worth on which brand or ski is the most reliable.
nowornever
nowornever

Male
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

What is the most reliable ski on the market?? Empty Re: What is the most reliable ski on the market??

Post  Aka Hooter Sun Jan 04 2009, 03:25

My two cents worth is to buy the biggest hull you can get , 4 stroke with the least engine hours that you can afford . The 4 stroke will be the most reliable especially when trolling at low engine revs . The bigger the hull the more stable the platform for fishing . Yamaha ,Seadoo , Kawasaki all comes down to price especially when looking for a second hand ski. If you have the cash the Yamaha FXHO is hard to beat and then the FXSHO is probably the ultimate machine,

Cheers Hoot
Aka Hooter
Aka Hooter

Male
Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

What is the most reliable ski on the market?? Empty Thanks Hoota

Post  nowornever Sun Jan 04 2009, 05:46

I been looking around, will be buying soon and I am steering more towards the yamaha, I am mainly wanting to do some offshore fishing so maybe soon I may come and tag along on a trip. I went down the coast today as yo know lots of Jetskis Everywhere, so I stopped and talked to quite a few people.

The general concencis is to keep away from Sea Doo, and that Honda and Yamaha are a good choice. I wish to buy a new Ski for peace of mind, I beleive that the Honda would be quality but the size of the ski is a bit small.

So I am looking at either the FX non Supercharged version or if I go for the economy ski I will go the VX Yamaha. Hopefully the VX would be good enough for offshore fishing?? Whats your opinion?
nowornever
nowornever

Male
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

What is the most reliable ski on the market?? Empty power frustration

Post  swasy Sun Jan 04 2009, 07:07

Hi Nowornever.

I think that you possibly will be soon frustrated by the lack of power of the Yamaha 110 hp, can I recommend FX 140 or 160 HO's if your looking at the Yamaha's. That little bit extra power is definitely nice to have. However the 110 hp models would possibly last longer as they are less worked.

Regards

Keith
swasy
swasy

Male
Number of posts : 139
PWC : 2007 YAMAHA FX160HO
Best fish landed on your ski : 10 KG Kingi on light gear (4kg)
Job/hobbies : Buisness Manager & Contract Sales Resource
Humor : I have 4 kids...you have to have a sense of humor
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

What is the most reliable ski on the market?? Empty Re: What is the most reliable ski on the market??

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down