RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which is the best ski for reliability.

+2
Aka Hooter
nowornever
6 posters

Go down

Which is the best ski for reliability. Empty Which is the best ski for reliability.

Post  nowornever Tue Oct 21 2008, 09:11

Seems you guys think Yamaha are all the go, jetski safari hear had 20 of them and one by one at exactly 4000 hours they blew up............

I dont know whats everyones opinion on Kawasaki LX 160
nowornever
nowornever

Male
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Which is the best ski for reliability. Empty 4000 hours sh*te you would have a very sore a*rs@ sitting that long on a ski

Post  Aka Hooter Tue Oct 21 2008, 09:57

I have never heard of anyone clocking up 4000 on a jet ski ! I believe this is a jet ski fishing forum so a lot of the time you are fishing not chalking up mega hours I think that stat is probably useless in the grand scheme of normal usage.

Cheers Hoot
Aka Hooter
Aka Hooter

Male
Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

Which is the best ski for reliability. Empty Re: Which is the best ski for reliability.

Post  BM Tue Oct 21 2008, 10:10

I agree Mr Hooter... we spent heaps of time on the water in the last year which clocked up 120hrs. So if my ski can do 4000 that is a huge amount of fish we can catch cheers
I will get Andrew to talk to Yamaha NZ tomorrow and see what stats they come up with.. Lets hope 4000!!!!!

BM
Admin

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Which is the best ski for reliability. Empty R1 Engine

Post  taurangajet Wed Oct 22 2008, 01:38

The R1 engine is straight out of the R1 motorcycle so working through those numbers and assuming an average speed on the motor bike of 70kph; 4000hrs @ 70kph = 280,000km's or 175,000 miles!!!! 50,000kms would be high mileage on a sports bike like the R1 and using the same formula, thats equivalent to 700hrs. I'm currently at 15.4 hours...not too worried yet!!
taurangajet
taurangajet

Male
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Which is the best ski for reliability. Empty 4000 hours

Post  nowornever Wed Oct 22 2008, 23:16

I agree 4000 hours is a long time on your ass, I gues it was a big shock for me to see 20 jetskis all die at the same time. All on 4000 hours. For a comercial operation 4000 hours is not alot. Anyway I jo keen to get a jetski and get into some adventures : ) You guys over in NZ got some dam fine snapper fishing.
nowornever
nowornever

Male

Back to top Go down

Which is the best ski for reliability. Empty Re: Which is the best ski for reliability.

Post  Jetskifishing Thu Oct 23 2008, 00:15

Sure have got good Snapper fishing here over the Summer, what is best targeted in Aus?
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 735
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : Snapper - 17 Pound, Kingfish - 19 kilo
Job/hobbies : The jetskifishing guy
Humor : Funny Ha!Ha!

http://www.jetskifishing.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  nowornever Thu Oct 23 2008, 00:31

Well I have a 18 ft outshore boat,,,,, I havent gone out on Jetski fishing yet..........but probabley Sweet Lip, Dolphine Fish, Wahoo, Spanish Mackrel, Snapper............but not as good as the snapper in NZ wholey crap you guys got it good.

Lots of small black marline around but I wouldnt target them.
nowornever
nowornever

Male

Back to top Go down

Which is the best ski for reliability. Empty Hey Nowornever you forgot the best one !

Post  Aka Hooter Thu Oct 23 2008, 05:51

Red Emperor the ultimate Aussie deep water fish ! Fantastic eating grows to over 20kg ! caught along the Queensland coast from Cairns Down to Mooloolaba.

Which is the best ski for reliability. Fish_012Which is the best ski for reliability. Fish_013
Aka Hooter
Aka Hooter

Male
Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

Which is the best ski for reliability. Empty you Basad lol

Post  nowornever Thu Oct 23 2008, 23:07

Oh yeah Reds...............that doesnt count but cause its not off a jetski ha ha..................dam fine fish im jelious.
nowornever
nowornever

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Mon Oct 27 2008, 06:47

Get on that jetski fella's and bring one of those big boys in and then tell me what you think of jetskifishing!!!
They are impressive fish... worth stuffing one for the mantle piece Razz
Might have to consider coming over for a fish!!

BM
Admin

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post  Ducky Tue Oct 28 2008, 11:16

Got to admit... that is rather impressive guys!!
Ducky
Ducky

Male
Number of posts : 138
PWC : Seadoo GTX
Job/hobbies : Jetski, kayaking, fishing, computers, mountain biking...
Humor : Very much!
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum