RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from the North Shore!

5 posters

Go down

Hi from the North Shore! Empty Hi from the North Shore!

Post  SeaDooer Fri Apr 24 2009, 00:44

G'Day all,

My name is Paul and I've recently got into fishing from my PWC. I run around on a SeaDoo RXDi, which is just about stable enough to fish from. Well, having not used a larger craft as yet I don't know the difference.

Anyway... my usual launch spot is either Murrays Bay or at Torpedo Bay. Be keen to catch up with any others in the local area, both for fishing or just a ride out.

Keep on catching!

Paul.

SeaDooer

Male
Number of posts : 42
Job/hobbies : Work in Cranes, HIAB type and spares for all cranes. Hobbies are fishing of course :) photography, having a relaxing beer or two & getting out and about
Registration date : 2009-04-24

http://www.allcrane.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Hi from the North Shore! Empty North Shore

Post  swasy Fri Apr 24 2009, 06:09

Hi Paul

welcome to the forum.

I'm Keith I live on the shore (glenfield) and have used the Takapuna ramp, Narrow neck beach and Birkenhead ramp depending on weather, and will fish anywhere in the harbour given half the chance Very Happy.

We like cruising around as well as the fishing... not unusual for a couple of guys from the shore to go to Onetangi on Waiheke for breakfast and fish before and after. or go right around Waiheke for the ride.

Keith
swasy
swasy

Male
Number of posts : 139
PWC : 2007 YAMAHA FX160HO
Best fish landed on your ski : 10 KG Kingi on light gear (4kg)
Job/hobbies : Buisness Manager & Contract Sales Resource
Humor : I have 4 kids...you have to have a sense of humor
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

Hi from the North Shore! Empty Re: Hi from the North Shore!

Post  SeaDooer Sat Apr 25 2009, 02:28

Hey Keith,

I live not far away at all, Forest Hill, just down from Pupuke golf club.

Let me know when you're heading out next, maybe we could head out? Sounds like the rides are good ones, decent length around Waiheke... not sure if my little RDXi would make it that far but would be keen to try Smile

Was feeling all brave and was going to head out today but this wind has really put me off.

Catch ya on the water sometime, or maybe get a group together for a catch up/meet at a watering hole :p

SeaDooer

Male
Job/hobbies : Work in Cranes, HIAB type and spares for all cranes. Hobbies are fishing of course :) photography, having a relaxing beer or two & getting out and about

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Sat Apr 25 2009, 05:11

hi Seadooer, welcome to the forum!
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Number of posts : 517
PWC : Yammie FX140 fishing machine.
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb Snap
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  SeaDooer Sun Apr 26 2009, 05:11

Cheers softbaiter,

My local tackle shot told me to avoid softbaiting, to complicated him say... just wondering if it was a put off technique, as I would say the amount of live bait sale would go down? What do you think?

Paul.

SeaDooer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Sun Apr 26 2009, 09:42

Hi Paul, excuse my frustrations, but that is very disappointing to hear. First of all, is the shop a part of a nation wide chain, were you dealing with staff or the owner? I can not see any reason why not to sell what a potential client has already been given positive advise towards. Fair enough if the sales person has experienced jetskifishing, but if he hasn't, he is not doing his job correctly as he wouldn't have a clue how we fish. It is a proven fact, you can judge by our fishing reports! Softbaiting outfishes smelly bait when jetskifishing, it easier, sporting and has great success. Maybe get the salesperson to view our site and then he may be more educated towards our form of fishing and what is needed for his future jetskifishing clients. If you have no success, Tania at Top Catch HMB will give you the best advise in Auckland with professional service.
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 735
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : Snapper - 17 Pound, Kingfish - 19 kilo
Job/hobbies : The jetskifishing guy
Humor : Funny Ha!Ha!
Registration date : 2008-10-14

http://www.jetskifishing.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  SeaDooer Sun Apr 26 2009, 13:13

Hi Andrew,

It was Will's Fishing & Firearms on Sunnybrae Road, the main man in there. He basically said to read up on it as it was more complicated than standard rig fishing.

Yes there is a method like most things in life but you just have to give things a go I think. So yes, it was a bit sad to be put off right from the get go. My ski hadn't arrived when I was in buying tackle, so maybe he took one look at my boat rod (what I currently use) and decided to go down that road. He could very well be anti softbait for all I know... who knows.

Anyway, it won't put me off, I'll get some tackle eventually so I can give it a shot. Certainly much faster and whole lot cleaner than dead baiting. A Ski plastered in squid juice is not a pretty sight lol!

SeaDooer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Shdbefishn? Mon Apr 27 2009, 03:55

Welcome aboard mate,

My 2 cents worth and the others would probably say the same, I did a lot of online research and talked to many people when getting geared up for softbaiting because I had heard it was complicated but nothing could be further from the truth, easier than setting up a strayline or ledger rig and no smelly messy bait!

Get the knots mastered braid to fluro (double uni) and you are laughing. There are plenty of posts on here for the techniques also.

Happy fishing, catch you on the water sometime!
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down