RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wet weather gear

+2
SeaDooer
Brian
6 posters

Go down

Wet weather gear Empty Wet weather gear

Post  Brian Wed May 27 2009, 04:39

Just wondering what you guy's are wearing to deal with the cold weather?
Brian
Brian

Male
Number of posts : 33
Job/hobbies : self employed contractor
Humor : Did you hear the one about the .....
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Wet weather gear Empty Re: Wet weather gear

Post  SeaDooer Wed May 27 2009, 09:12

I have a full length Sola wetsuit, my UK one which is quite thick and keeps me warm. For really cold days then I also have a full dry suit. You can wear nice warm clothes under it and stay dry. Great when back at the ramp, you just unzip, step out and your in your clothes already Very Happy

The other option is staying at home by the fire but not nearly as much fun and you risk getting nagged by the better half to do chores Laughing

SeaDooer

Male
Number of posts : 42
Job/hobbies : Work in Cranes, HIAB type and spares for all cranes. Hobbies are fishing of course :) photography, having a relaxing beer or two & getting out and about
Registration date : 2009-04-24

http://www.allcrane.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Wet weather gear Empty what to wear

Post  wotzy77 Wed May 27 2009, 15:20

Im wearing a dive suit 3mm thick, hoods great gloves and booties and heaps of lost sunglasses.. I also have a spray jacket to keep the wind off, its important to preserve energy and warmth as much as possible and so the use the energy for heaving on fish! If I wernt trying to stay at depth between dives i would probably look at the dry suit idea...wear a dinner suit underneath and youd never be late for that date with the cheese and kisses ay!!!
wotzy77
wotzy77

Male
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Aka Hooter Sun May 31 2009, 04:35

I am wearing a Tee Shirt with a light spray Jacket and my PFD life Jacket ! Gotta love Queensland in Winter we girl it and don't go out if the air temperature is under 22 degrees. You Kiwis are crazy I went to Christchurch in November and the day temps were 3 to 11 ? how long does Summer last over there anyway ?
Aka Hooter
Aka Hooter

Male
Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Sun May 31 2009, 04:51

We have had a great summer up until May. Been pretty cold since. Starts warming up around October.

I wear 3mm wetsuit overalls and a 3mm jacket with rash shirt and full snow/wet weather jacket, beanie, dive boots and full goggles and gloves. Basically my nose is the only exposed to the cool air at 50+MPH. As for Andrew from JSF he has some intense winter gear consisting a board shorts and just his PFD vest. He has been known to transition through some funny shades of blue and grey!! He may have just started using his wetsuit more for safety reasons as opposed to cold. Aka Hooter Andy would be damn near naked if he was in Queensland in winter....probably take some ice in his chillibin (esky) to throw over himself.

lol! lol! lol!
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Wet weather gear Empty re: wet weather gear

Post  Sooty526 Wed Nov 04 2009, 09:24

I too am looking at upgrading to warmer/drier gear and have come across Titanium lined dry pants/jacket separates at 2001 Wetsuits (Takapuna) and Sailors Cnr @ $129 ea which I'll be investing in soon as seems more comfy than full wetsuit, esp. if sun breaks out!

Very Happy bounce Very Happy

Sooty526

Male
Number of posts : 1
Job/hobbies : Insurance Claims/fishing/skiing
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2009-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down