RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TOGA Party AT Hampton Bay Days 9/12/09

2 posters

Go down

TOGA Party AT Hampton Bay Days 9/12/09 Empty TOGA Party AT Hampton Bay Days 9/12/09

Post  JetSkiBrian Sun Sep 13 2009, 01:09

I have been involved with this group for a couple of years and I am currently raising thousands of oysters around my property. I fish alot and this is my way of giving back to the Bay and not just taking from it. So I thought I would put it up on this board as well.
Today I went to a TOGA party at Hampton Bay Days and helped educate the public, young and old, on how to raise oysters in the Cheasapeake Bay. I am a member of TOGA
Tidewater Oyster Gardeners Association a non- profit group that assist others in learning and getting started with oyster aquaculture. We talked about shoreline reefs, floats, cages and various other ways to help restore the oyster population. We set up a couple of saltwater tanks with oysters, crabs, minnows a lone sea horse and other bay critters to demonstrate the filter/ cleaning power of oysters. The weather was perfect and the turnout for Bay Days was high. I met a lot of enthusiastic kids and interested adults. We will be out there again tommorow in the educational section from 12-6 if anybody is interested in raising oysters.

TOGA Party AT Hampton Bay Days 9/12/09 DSC_0015e-1

TOGA Party AT Hampton Bay Days 9/12/09 DSC_0037d-1

TOGA Party AT Hampton Bay Days 9/12/09 DSC_0042b

TOGA Party AT Hampton Bay Days 9/12/09 DSC_0054a

TOGA Party AT Hampton Bay Days 9/12/09 DSC_0064-3

JetSkiBrian

Male
Number of posts : 111
Job/hobbies : fishing,diving,spearfishing
Registration date : 2009-05-28

http://www.jetskibrian.com

Back to top Go down

TOGA Party AT Hampton Bay Days 9/12/09 Empty Re: TOGA Party AT Hampton Bay Days 9/12/09

Post  2-EXTREME Sun Sep 13 2009, 05:22

Great to see you supporting a good cause. I was a little wary to start with as my initial thoughts of TOGA were of a slightly different limited clothing variety........ affraid Anyway, good job and great to be educating the kids at the same time.
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down