RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

heading to the Haystack

2 posters

Go down

heading to the Haystack Empty heading to the Haystack

Post  eddie Sat Sep 19 2009, 19:32

going to drop the ski in at HMB at 8.00 - 8.15 and head out to the Haystack if anyones interested

hope to see more jetski fishoes out there. cheers

021 223 9083 and 021 840 450
eddie
eddie
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 149
PWC : Seadoo GTX Wake edition 2006
Best fish landed on your ski : 690mm,12.2LB at the Haystack 5/12/09
Job/hobbies : job=sales/marketing.hobbies=rallying and fishing....now jetski fishing!!!
Humor : All Types!!
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

heading to the Haystack Empty How was the haystack?

Post  aleigh Sun Sep 20 2009, 01:57

Was out early this morning but caught nothing - a few bites but nothing else - short for time so only got as far as Curusoe Rock.

How was your trip?
The sea was a little interesting coming back from Motuihe and I now realise why they launch from BB ramp esp in Easterlie (I have chips on the hull to remind me courtesy of the concrete ramp).

Andrew
aleigh
aleigh

Male
Number of posts : 186
PWC : Kawasaki STX 15F
Best fish landed on your ski : 40cm snapper on 02/01/10 still trying for bigger
Job/hobbies : Drugs / Kids
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

heading to the Haystack Empty trip to the Haystack

Post  eddie Sun Sep 20 2009, 02:43

Hi Andrew,
yes I wanted to shoot out early this morning before the expected sea and wind got up.
I had also limited time this morning. My plan was to get out there just after high tide to avoid the "wind against tide" effect, but it got very messy from Motuihe channel onwards!! bounce pale
There were some big rolling swells coming in, so I had some fun pale on the way out!! Started fishing at The three sisters and it was very cold!! "No fish". Me, far to impatient. bounce
Decided to head back as I had plenty of stuff to do at home. By this time the sea was BIG and lots of waves were breaking!! At least this was going to be another good test for "The Ultimate Rod Holder" and the ski,"and my fitness"hehe. The Ultimate Rod Holder and the ski stood up again to these conditions!! cheers I survived, but I really had to work hard with a big following/breaking sea. There was one 5-6mtr hardtop trying to head into these seas, but had to do big zig zag's, to get its way through,..and it was really getting punished!! These big skis are exceptional,..once you get confident with them.

I look forward to some warmer weather and group of fellow jetski fishoes collecting snappers by the bin full. cheers
eddie
eddie
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 149
PWC : Seadoo GTX Wake edition 2006
Best fish landed on your ski : 690mm,12.2LB at the Haystack 5/12/09
Job/hobbies : job=sales/marketing.hobbies=rallying and fishing....now jetski fishing!!!
Humor : All Types!!
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

heading to the Haystack Empty Re: heading to the Haystack

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down