RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

beach trailer works great

+2
Jetskifishing
pete jenkins
6 posters

Go down

beach trailer works great Empty beach trailer works great

Post  pete jenkins Fri Nov 21 2008, 21:07

hi guys ,i have just finished the beach trailer for launching into the surf (you still have to pick the right conditions to go off a surf beach ) , i talked about building a beach trailer in a previous posting ,i tested it early yesterday morn ,towed the trailer and ski (polaris SLT 750)with my 4 wheel quad bike onto the beach ,backed up into the smallish wave dump and it all went great,just took my time to read the waves and it was easy ,spent several hours poking around soft baiting,landed 8 nice snapper,2 really nice kingis that i released,and about 10 small cod that i also released,coming back onto the beach was fun ,the wave dump was bigger than when i went out,which is the norm for here ,i rode the back of a wave till it had broken and the drove over it with plenty of speed ,hit the stop just before i got to the beach and slid nicely about 2 to 3 metres up from the water ,got my quad an winched the ski up onto the trailer,every thing worked great,this will now allow me to tow the ski along the beach and launch anywhere within the 15 kms stretch of ocean beach i have as a back yard where i live,cheers PJ

pete jenkins

Male
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

beach trailer works great Empty Re: beach trailer works great

Post  Jetskifishing Fri Nov 21 2008, 21:16

Great to hear Pete, very impressed with your fishing results cheers We will all be wanting some photos and a dedicated Pete Jenkins fishing report posted on here with trips like that. If you can send me a photo of your trailer setup at the beach, I will post it on the site. Good to hear you are out there doing it. Very Happy
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 735
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : Snapper - 17 Pound, Kingfish - 19 kilo
Job/hobbies : The jetskifishing guy
Humor : Funny Ha!Ha!
Registration date : 2008-10-14

http://www.jetskifishing.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  pete jenkins Fri Nov 21 2008, 21:24

i will take some pics today ,i will try and post them also ,im not 100% sure how to do that but i will give it a go ,somethings a man has to learn i guess,so bear with me ,cheers PJ
[img]beach trailer works great Jetski10[/img]

pete jenkins

Male
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Fri Nov 21 2008, 21:36

Yip, technology, its gets the better of all of us, we learn something new everyday! Look forward to your images, I will post some tips soon,for posting images for newbies.
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 735
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : Snapper - 17 Pound, Kingfish - 19 kilo
Job/hobbies : The jetskifishing guy
Humor : Funny Ha!Ha!
Registration date : 2008-10-14

http://www.jetskifishing.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  Ducky Sat Nov 22 2008, 08:52

That's great mate... and I have been looking for an excuse to buy myself another 4x4 bike... may have to look into that!
Ducky
Ducky

Male
Number of posts : 138
PWC : Seadoo GTX
Job/hobbies : Jetski, kayaking, fishing, computers, mountain biking...
Humor : Very much!
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

beach trailer works great Empty Trailer on the road.

Post  wotzy77 Sun May 24 2009, 08:31

Great set up mate, I wonder if I had a similar setup how the tyres would hold out on a two hour drive down the coast (west Oz) and also if a 4wd could get close enough to the shore....Not wanting to wash the car away. May be I could push the trailer close enough by hand?
Top setup again.
wotzy77
wotzy77

Male
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Aka Hooter Tue May 26 2009, 02:24

Hi Watsy we have found the safest way is to launch the trailer into the surf with a large jockey wheel and long rope attached to the four wheel drive. For retrieving get on the back of of a wave then gun it just before the beach and hit the kill switch that should get you far enough up the beach to put a rope with a snap clip on attached to car to drag it up far enough to then winch the ski back on to the trailer. Of course its even better if you launch in behind a protected headland.beach trailer works great Fraser10beach trailer works great Fraser11
Aka Hooter
Aka Hooter

Male
Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

beach trailer works great Empty launching

Post  wotzy77 Wed May 27 2009, 15:40

The photo seems to have covered the end of your sentence "its fun to launch behind a ...." a what arrgh the suspense is killing me. Behind a massive set wave? topless chicks on the beach? a moped with sand tyres? oh well.
seriously when your on your own or even just two people the skis are pretty hevy to crab walk down the beach to get to the water after dropping it on the sand...
which brings up another paranoid tendency of mine... driving in soft sand with ski in tow ....
still lots to experience..
thanks for posting your advice on beach launches is appreciated.
wotzy77
wotzy77

Male
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Back to top Go down

beach trailer works great Empty Re: launching

Post  Shdbefishn? Wed May 27 2009, 19:54

I carry a specially spliced bit of rope in my boot all the time, if the tide is out a long way on beach ramps I do exactly that, disconnect the trailer and hook it to my car via the rope, push the trailer into the surf (it doesnt need to go in that far as the trailer tilts as you winch the ski on as it's not connected to the drawbar, once the ski is on I just pull it up the beach on the rope and then reverse up & hook it back on.
Great when you only have a sedan and dont want it too close to the water but I learned this trick off my brother who used to launch his big surtees in the soft sand off the beach in his 4wd, works a treat.
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down