RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duckys on the move!

4 posters

Go down

Duckys on the move! Empty Duckys on the move!

Post  Ducky Wed Oct 28 2009, 09:46

Well unfortunately I have been challenged over the last few months as to where and what I will be doing after loosing my job here in Auckland several months ago. I have had to make a decision as to my next move, and have decided to head back to Tauranga to live for the moment as living is certainly much cheaper down there at the moment.

This will mean that I won't be out much this summer up here in the Auckland region, and if work doesn't start happening for me the Jetski will be up for sale.

In all honesty I am gutted that it has come to this, but then this is life....

I will be sure to post pictures of my 'HUGE" fishing exploits from down that way!!
Ducky
Ducky

Male
Number of posts : 138
PWC : Seadoo GTX
Job/hobbies : Jetski, kayaking, fishing, computers, mountain biking...
Humor : Very much!
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Duckys on the move! Empty Re: Duckys on the move!

Post  2-EXTREME Thu Oct 29 2009, 18:49

All the best in Tauranga Ducky. Sorry to hear that things have not worked out to well for you recently, I am sure all will work out well for you in the long run.

Be sure to keep your fishing up as you will not need to sell your ski as something will happen for ya soon!! There are a few other Tauranga Jetskifishos on here that would love to get together with you for a fish and you never know.....one of them may even know of a job opportunity (network, network, network)!!

Take Care.

Mark
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Thu Oct 29 2009, 19:33

Sad to hear

What line of work are you in Ducky?
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Number of posts : 517
PWC : Yammie FX140 fishing machine.
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb Snap
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Innsie Fri Oct 30 2009, 08:36

Hey that's really no good.

Good luck in Tauranga and try to stay positive mate! Think good things and they usually happen!

If you let us know the type of work you're after, as Mark and softbaiter say, we may know someone that could offer you a job. Self employment... guided fishing tours for those that don't have a ski?

Innsie
Innsie
Innsie

Male
Number of posts : 198
PWC : Seadoo RXT-X
Best fish landed on your ski : 2m Bronze Whaler off Motihue... well almost landed but cut the line!
Job/hobbies : Finance Adviser / Broker / Business Consultant / Snapper Whisperer / Comedian
Humor : Flight of the Conchords - RULE
Registration date : 2009-05-15

http://www.pfgroup.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  Ducky Fri Oct 30 2009, 10:50

Thanks guys... appreciate it.

I moved to Auckland for a marketing and entertainment job at Skycity... this contract expired around 5 months ago, and although funding myself through other entertainment work has been fine, getting enough through the books to 'survive' is difficult. My personal business is as a magician, compere and balloon artist... yes you heard it here first!!

Tauranga has been where most of my work has been coming from its only sensible that I move back, that and the fact that living expenses are so much cheaper down there...

I will be around every now and then....
Ducky
Ducky

Male
Number of posts : 138
PWC : Seadoo GTX
Job/hobbies : Jetski, kayaking, fishing, computers, mountain biking...
Humor : Very much!
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum