RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fell off the ski for the first time

4 posters

Go down

Fell off the ski for the first time Empty Fell off the ski for the first time

Post  softbaiter Sun Jan 10 2010, 16:05

Hi Guys

had an involuntary swim yesterday, was out for a fish up by grahams beach and the bite had gone off, with 4 snaps and 2 gurnard in the bin and the sun beating down on this fat wildebeast I decided to head for home. Just after I packed up and clipped my rods in I heard the roar of a V8 and a nice Malibu Wakesetter came charging past, Dunno if you guys are familiar with these boats, its a big wide shaft driven american wakeboarding boat (thus the name). They give off a huge wake so I though id follow (fair distance behind) him and jump the wake, jumped the wake a few times which was non eventful, then I had another idea, the wake was peeling like small surf so i decided to try to a "floater" like from my surfing days, they probably have renamed it something else now, anyway, first few were mint, popped the ski onto the crest of the wake and spun it sideways, the ski would actually slide for a bit then grab a rail and bolt off in the direction you ended up facing, i decided i needed more speed and hit one at near 80k, next thing you know it grabs a rail and bang in im swimming in the manukau, the lanyard was attached to my vest so the ski stopped, I tried swimming over to the ski with my crocs on but they were like sea anchors so i kicked them off and swam the 10meters to the ski, as I had the chili rig on the back I tried to get onboard over the side, once I got my hand across the seat and grabbed the underside of it, I managed to clamber onboard. I sat there for a second and had a good laugh before retrieving my crocs which were floating where I fell off.

only bad thing is I lost my mirrored 2$ aviator sunglasses Laughing Laughing
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Number of posts : 517
PWC : Yammie FX140 fishing machine.
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb Snap
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Fell off the ski for the first time Empty Bail out

Post  swasy Mon Jan 11 2010, 09:16

Just Awesome Matt Laughing
swasy
swasy

Male
Number of posts : 139
PWC : 2007 YAMAHA FX160HO
Best fish landed on your ski : 10 KG Kingi on light gear (4kg)
Job/hobbies : Buisness Manager & Contract Sales Resource
Humor : I have 4 kids...you have to have a sense of humor
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

Fell off the ski for the first time Empty Re: Fell off the ski for the first time

Post  memfis Tue Jan 12 2010, 07:49

o well at least you where trying something!! i fell into the drink while the ski was just floating! (i was just rushing over a work up) and i felt like a right knob. lol! but at least you got a bin full of }>>)))*> which was mission completed!!!!!
Regards Memfis
memfis
memfis

Male
Number of posts : 63
PWC : fx ho waverunner
Best fish landed on your ski : 13.1/2lb snapper
Job/hobbies : Refrigeration/ air con
Humor : Dont ask me!! i dont care.
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Fell off the ski for the first time Empty Re: Fell off the ski for the first time

Post  softbaiter Tue Jan 12 2010, 19:11

The gurnard was super good!

Took a bit of steam out of me getting back onto the ski
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Number of posts : 517
PWC : Yammie FX140 fishing machine.
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb Snap
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Tue Jan 12 2010, 19:43

Hi Matt, awesome story, great to hear you got a bin full.
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 735
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : Snapper - 17 Pound, Kingfish - 19 kilo
Job/hobbies : The jetskifishing guy
Humor : Funny Ha!Ha!
Registration date : 2008-10-14

http://www.jetskifishing.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down