RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Anyone Protecting Their Bottom.....?

5 posters

Go down

Is Anyone Protecting Their Bottom.....? Empty Is Anyone Protecting Their Bottom.....?

Post  2-EXTREME Tue Jan 26 2010, 09:21

http://www.keelshield.co.nz/what-is-keelshield

Anyone gone down this track yet? Might be worthwhile to save the ski's hull when pulled onto beach etc.

Thoughts appreciated.
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Is Anyone Protecting Their Bottom.....? Empty Re: Is Anyone Protecting Their Bottom.....?

Post  eddie Tue Jan 26 2010, 09:56

Yeah, I met the Promo girl Very Happy

oopps, did i say that out loud..lol
eddie
eddie
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 149
PWC : Seadoo GTX Wake edition 2006
Best fish landed on your ski : 690mm,12.2LB at the Haystack 5/12/09
Job/hobbies : job=sales/marketing.hobbies=rallying and fishing....now jetski fishing!!!
Humor : All Types!!
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Is Anyone Protecting Their Bottom.....? Empty Re: Is Anyone Protecting Their Bottom.....?

Post  Shdbefishn? Tue Jan 26 2010, 20:44

Sorry, what was the question again? I checked the link and got side tracked...now who wouldnt want to take care of that bot...ohh never mind.
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  momo Mon Feb 01 2010, 09:17

mark
i have something similar at the bottom of my ski..
but its the sides now that get scratched..
hmm only if it was her that applied keelshield on my ski..

momo

Male
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Innsie Tue Feb 02 2010, 09:45

Hi guys... yes we're all with you on the promo comments Smile

I note the following from the site that some PWC owners to be aware of: -

4. Does KeelShield work on all PWC's?
No, KeelShield will not work on the Yamaha VX 110 and the Sea Doo 4-Tec Hull design. KeelShield is 5" wide and the jet ski hull needs to be smooth with no ridges for the product to work. Please contact us if you have questions regarding your jet ski.

The site suggests most PWCs need the 8 ft length and based on the price, you can have your whole ski sanded, prep'd and gel coated for about the same price.

My opinion simply follows the advice I received when I bought my first PWC ... simply ride it, beach it "softly", allow a few scratches without getting stressed about it and then get it professionally gel coated when you're ready to sell. It cost me about the same as the keelshield. Comes up as new and is less of a hassle while you own it. I'd save the money and those that know me.... know I'm a fussy beast that washes and shamies my ski after each use!

Guess we know why the promo girl's on the site now... think it's called a distraction so you'll buy the product lol!
Innsie
Innsie

Male
Number of posts : 198
PWC : Seadoo RXT-X
Best fish landed on your ski : 2m Bronze Whaler off Motihue... well almost landed but cut the line!
Job/hobbies : Finance Adviser / Broker / Business Consultant / Snapper Whisperer / Comedian
Humor : Flight of the Conchords - RULE
Registration date : 2009-05-15

http://www.pfgroup.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Tue Feb 02 2010, 18:59

Good points Innsie. Cool
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Wed Feb 03 2010, 02:10

As Innsie has mention, these need a smooth hull without any ridges!!

I have seen this product first hand!! (and another promo girl Very Happy ) and my personal view only is, I wounld n't use it has it may protect the keel but then the ski 'could' lie on its side edges and chips this..

Has mentioned, it s only my personal thoughts, but it may suit some older skis without keel ridges on the bow.
eddie
eddie
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 149
PWC : Seadoo GTX Wake edition 2006
Best fish landed on your ski : 690mm,12.2LB at the Haystack 5/12/09
Job/hobbies : job=sales/marketing.hobbies=rallying and fishing....now jetski fishing!!!
Humor : All Types!!
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum