RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie from Orewa

3 posters

Go down

Newbie from Orewa Empty Newbie from Orewa

Post  jj169 Thu Jan 28 2010, 21:16

Hi all

Well I am looking to get into the jetski fishing and wondered if any could provide me with some advice ref which type of ski I should go for, and the fishing set up.

Regards

JJ

jj169

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Newbie from Orewa Empty What to get

Post  Pabloz Thu Jan 28 2010, 22:04

Hi there and welcome, most people are tending towards the 3 seater 4 stroke ski's such as yamaha, seadoo and kawasaki, and to a degree the honda. these all seem to have a good reputation. Andrew at jetskifishing can help out with therod holer kit wetc when you have you ski. take a good look through the forums as there is a wealth of knowledge out there, and most guys are keen to help out. Cheers
Paul
Pabloz
Pabloz

Male
PWC : Yamaha FXSHO
Location : Hamilton, but spend some time at Pukehina will be looking at Raglan and Thames area too
Job/hobbies : Work in IT, and own a business with my partner Sue
Humor : Yes I do have some
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Newbie from Orewa Empty Re: Newbie from Orewa

Post  aleigh Thu Jan 28 2010, 22:37

welcome to the forum. Like has been said the newer 4 stroke jetskis are better suited to fishing. Still have heaps of grunt but are easier to keep up and cheaper to run.

Ones that Andrew from Jetskifishing.co.nz has suggested are: Newer models of Yamaha Highoutput 1.8litre model without supercharger (supercharger leaves one more thing to go wrong and increases fuel usage if you have a trigger finger). Andrew has one of these.
Also from Kawasaki the newer models with longer hull LX and Ultra though in saying that I have STX-15F (25cm shorter than LX or Ultra)
Seadoo have there longer models (not the base models) so check with a Seadoo dealer if have questions or check website.

Most are fine and depends on how much you have to spend - check some of the deals on Trademe as some from dealers and includes a warranty and trailer.

I'm sure you will find more info on the forum as this has been asked in the last 2 months

Andrew
aleigh
aleigh

Male
Number of posts : 186
PWC : Kawasaki STX 15F
Best fish landed on your ski : 40cm snapper on 02/01/10 still trying for bigger
Job/hobbies : Drugs / Kids
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Newbie from Orewa Empty Thanks

Post  jj169 Fri Jan 29 2010, 00:08

Hi Guys

Thanks for the info, I was thinking about the new FXHO, but it getting hold one there doesn't seem to be many around, but I will keep looking.

Regards

JJ

jj169

Male
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  aleigh Fri Jan 29 2010, 00:15

There are at least 2 on Trademe - 1 at Watercraftworld, Penrose and the other at Franklin Marine, Pukekohe

Andrew has a few other adaptors for sale for Yamahas to attach FF/GPS and also the sounder at the back
aleigh
aleigh

Male
Number of posts : 186
PWC : Kawasaki STX 15F
Best fish landed on your ski : 40cm snapper on 02/01/10 still trying for bigger
Job/hobbies : Drugs / Kids
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Newbie from Orewa Empty Could be

Post  Pabloz Fri Jan 29 2010, 00:51

Couuld be worth checking out Rollo's in Hamilton... they had one the other week.
Pabloz
Pabloz

Male
PWC : Yamaha FXSHO
Location : Hamilton, but spend some time at Pukehina will be looking at Raglan and Thames area too
Job/hobbies : Work in IT, and own a business with my partner Sue
Humor : Yes I do have some
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down