RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clothng etc

2 posters

Go down

Clothng etc Empty Clothng etc

Post  jj169 Thu Feb 04 2010, 10:18

Hi

Could someone please assist with what clothing I should be looking at as there seems to be quite alot to choose from.

Cheers

J

jj169

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Clothng etc Empty Re: Clothng etc

Post  2-EXTREME Thu Feb 04 2010, 18:42

In my opinion you really do have many options and as time goes by you will determine what you prefer. At this time of year (being summer) if fishing close to home or with another ski or two you can keep it pretty simple. i.e. pair of shorts/togs (NOT SPEEDOS) a t shirt or rash shirt and you lifejacket. However if going wider or out at dusk I would put a wetsuit of some description on just for the extra bouancy, warmth and safety if you were ever to end up in the water, on your own and away from your ski(not likely, but be prepared).

Therefore if you are going out to buy a wetsuit etc I would highly recommend a two peice suit of say 3mm thickness for flexibility. The two pieces give you arm less, full leg overalls and then a full arm jacket. In winter I wear both and in summer I wear just the overalls as this seems to keep me cool enough. Remember you want to be as comfortable as possible.

Gloves are very useful for not only giving you grip in wet conditions but they are great for holding the fish with when removing hook and ikiing (no spikes or cuts). In winter they also provide warmth. If you use an overhead reel or are into jigging then they will also save from braid burn and cuts.

I could go on for a while here, so thwor me any specific questions and I will be more than happy to answer.

Cheers

Mark
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jj169 Thu Feb 04 2010, 19:43

Hi Mark

Thanks for the info its well appreciated I will start having a look around some gear..

J

jj169

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum