RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gettin started

5 posters

Go down

gettin started Empty gettin started

Post  sharkus Wed Feb 10 2010, 11:13

Yeah G'day ,
Am in the process of purchasing Seadoo gtx 2009.Have been fishing here in Victoria [oz] for the past year out of my kayack.What a buzz this has been!I have never caught so many fish consistantly.There has been plenty of spots i wanted to fish but current and distance prevented me from doing this as it could become ugly.While out fishing i kept thinking how can i get there.Get a mate to take me out with his boat ,but could never arrange a time to suit both.The penny dropped .Im gettin a jetski ! Can get in and out when and where i like.Don't have to rely on anybody.Heaps of room on a ski ,considering i fish out of a kayack.Am always keen to learn.I fish south and east coast of Australia.So when im organised any other fishmen on ski in my area wouldn't mind the company and experience.

sharkus

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-02-10

Back to top Go down

gettin started Empty Re: gettin started

Post  Dozervator Thu Feb 11 2010, 04:54

Hi Sharkus,

i am new to this jetski fishing also, but i am keen to do more.
I am in Geelong and am keen to cruise and fish at some time.
i have a GTX seadoo

Cheers
dozervator

Dozervator

Male
Number of posts : 4
PWC : Seadoo GTX 2008
Best fish landed on your ski : Tiddler
Job/hobbies : Earthmoving contractor
Humor : i have one
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Back to top Go down

gettin started Empty fishin!

Post  sharkus Thu Feb 11 2010, 11:50

G'day dozervator.
This is a good start!Where have you been fishing so far?Are you familiar with your area?Do you go outside ?Have you been doing any good?Am hoping to get my boat liceince next week and deposit on ski?Has to come from Sydney.Waiting on a tranducer, power cable and mounting bracket from the states so can use gps chartplotter off my kayak.{glued transducer to bottom of kayak}Not sure how am going to set up on the back yet?What have you devised?

sharkus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Dozervator Fri Feb 12 2010, 03:05

Hi Sharkus,
As i said have only been on ski for short time fishing but i am keen to develop.
Have only fished in Corio bay so far and only limited success ( small snapper and a flathead but i caught em..)
I am going to get a sounder setup installed asap as not knowing where or what you are fishing over dos'nt help..
I am keen to go outside and try off Barwon heads/ torquay area.
I have made an eski holder/rod holder that really works well.
I have a Seadoo GTX 2008 model but bought last year Oct brand new Has around 20 hrs on clock now but a great ski nice and stable.
I think i will try and mount my transducer internally i read on here in tech talk that there is a cup size round spot on hull near the back that is the spot to mount.
What areas have you been fishing in the kayak??
Cheers

Dozervator

Male

Back to top Go down

gettin started Empty Some places ive fished

Post  sharkus Fri Feb 12 2010, 08:11

Howz it goin,
Do you have any photos of your esky setup? Fished at Sorento,Saftey beach,Mornington,Kilkunda,Glenelg river SA,Danger Piont SA,Shallow inlet[wilsons prom],Flinders, Eildon,Murray river Tocumwal

sharkus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  mudrunner Mon Feb 15 2010, 07:15

sharkus wrote:Yeah G'day ,
Am in the process of purchasing Seadoo gtx 2009.Have been fishing here in Victoria [oz] for the past year out of my kayack.What a buzz this has been!I have never caught so many fish consistantly.There has been plenty of spots i wanted to fish but current and distance prevented me from doing this as it could become ugly.While out fishing i kept thinking how can i get there.Get a mate to take me out with his boat ,but could never arrange a time to suit both.The penny dropped .Im gettin a jetski ! Can get in and out when and where i like.Don't have to rely on anybody.Heaps of room on a ski ,considering i fish out of a kayack.Am always keen to learn.I fish south and east coast of Australia.So when im organised any other fishmen on ski in my area wouldn't mind the company and experience.

yep me too. have been yak fishing for a couple of years till the jetski penny dropped!!!

mudrunner

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Mon Feb 15 2010, 10:15

sharkus wrote:Howz it goin,
Do you have any photos of your esky setup? Fished at Sorento,Saftey beach,Mornington,Kilkunda,Glenelg river SA,Danger Piont SA,Shallow inlet[wilsons prom],Flinders, Eildon,Murray river Tocumwal

Hi Sharkus,

You can order a well R & D esky setup called "The Ultimate Rod Holder" off Andrew Hill on andrew@jetskifishing.co.nz
These rod holders are currently being sent as far as the UK, and many are starting to go into Ozzie!
I have one myself and a number of us have even tested these rigs while wavejumping!
Have a look on www.jetskifishing.co.nz for further information.

[img]gettin started Eddies12[/img]

hope this helps, and enjoy.
Eddie
eddie
eddie
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 149
PWC : Seadoo GTX Wake edition 2006
Best fish landed on your ski : 690mm,12.2LB at the Haystack 5/12/09
Job/hobbies : job=sales/marketing.hobbies=rallying and fishing....now jetski fishing!!!
Humor : All Types!!
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Dozervator Wed Feb 17 2010, 08:13

Hi Sharkus,
Will get around to posting pic when i work it out...
Good luck with the licence test on Friday..
Bet you are keen on the ski arriving over the w/e.

Let me know when you are set and we can go for a fish as long as work dosnt get in the way...lol

Cheers

Ian

Dozervator

Male

Back to top Go down

gettin started Empty Rod holder

Post  sharkus Thu Feb 18 2010, 06:41

Yeah Thanks Eddie for the heads up.Was going to ask a friend of mine in the stainless fabrication buisness .He is a very busy man so by the time he could get around to it i will have missed a few opportunites.So i think i will get in contact with Andrew and get him to send me one.What the hell new ski new rig be done with it.Anyhow thanks again.

sharkus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  aleigh Thu Feb 18 2010, 06:46

Nice picture of Eddie in the NZ summer - all the safety gear against the cold
aleigh
aleigh

Male
Number of posts : 186