RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yamaha FX cruiser - quick fishing starter pack!!

2 posters

Go down

Yamaha FX cruiser - quick fishing starter pack!! Empty Yamaha FX cruiser - quick fishing starter pack!!

Post  taurangajet Thu Oct 16 2008, 08:29

OK, so I've not got the Ultimate rod holder, chilli bin and fish finder yet (I'm working on it) but, if you want to get started, the FX is a great ski. For starters, you can slot two rods down the handle at the back of the ski and bungy cord them to the towing eye for security. A soft Chilli bag fits in the front compartment together with the Sandwiches and flask of coffee and if you pack light all the fishing essentails you need fit inside the glove box. In the glove box I've got a small box for the soft bait rigs and a small plastic bait box for the soft baits, both are thin enough to fit perfectly inside the glove box and a knife slots in alongside with a small towel rolled up at the front. All you need for soft bait fishing.

With the ability to take three people there's no issues with stabilty and two of us can fish quite happily.

I'll post a picture of my set up after I go out on Sunday.

Although I've started simple, I plan to slowly improve my set up and I'm currently working on finding and fitting the right fish finder without spoiling the ski. It's not proving easy as none of the dealers I've spoken to here in Tauranga have any experience fitting fish finders to jetskis but I'm off to Rutherford Marine (Tauranga) tomorrow so I'll keep you posted.

Julian
taurangajet
taurangajet

Male
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Yamaha FX cruiser - quick fishing starter pack!! Empty Sounders for jet skis

Post  Aka Hooter Sat Oct 18 2008, 06:41

Hi taurangajet it would seem you Kiwi's are experiencing all the same problems we had here in Aussie when we first started fishing from jetskis 3 years ago. We had to make all our gear custom one offs. We have refined them a bit now to include necessities like VHF Radios bait boards rod holders drink holders tackle containers GPS and colour sounders. We found a good combination unit made by Humminbird it is a combo GPS and Colour sounder in one compact unit. It doesn't take a lot of room on the ski and the transducer is easily fitted to the transom of the ski. We bought ours on EBAY direct from a marine dealer in America I think all up landed cost including freight was around $420 Aussie dollars which was about half cost of buying one in the marine stores here. The model is a humminbird 383c it has a split screen option and we have found it ideal for use on a jet ski.Yamaha FX cruiser - quick fishing starter pack!! Sounde10Yamaha FX cruiser - quick fishing starter pack!! Sounde11Yamaha FX cruiser - quick fishing starter pack!! Fraser13
Aka Hooter
Aka Hooter

Male
Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down