RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i thought these jetskis were bullet proof and could handle anything

3 posters

Go down

i thought these jetskis were bullet proof and could handle anything Empty i thought these jetskis were bullet proof and could handle anything

Post  pete jenkins Mon Jan 19 2009, 22:46

ive had a few close calls on my ski that could have turned out alot worse,but you have to laugh
1/ i was test driving the ski when i brought it and was roaring around the estuary with no1 son on the back ,sun got in my eyes an i hit a sand bar at full speed,the ski stopped within a few metres and i ended up on my arse in front of the ski on the sand ,i was badly winded and i had bad pains in my rib cage,and with my eyes wide open all i could see was blackness with little stars flashing,my no 1 son was also thrown off ,he was a bit shaky on his feet,i got up and found i had hit the handlebar pad so hard i had serouisly cracked all the fibreglass around the steering shaft mount area,second problem was trying to get the damm heavy ski back in the water while feeling like id been in the ring for a few rounds with mike tyson ,the out come was one cracked rib,a bloody sore head ,damaged pride , the salesguy was standing at the ramp pissing himself laughing,so i had to buy the ski
2/ several months later i was towing the kids round the same estuary on a surfboard behind the ski ,no 1 son fell off ,i turned to sharp and with a swift current the ski rope went up the water intake grill ,it went round the shaft quite a few times and stalled the motor,here we are bobbing along with the current heading out towards the bar,luckily there was a small boat near by that i threw a rope to and got a tow to shore,the rope was bound in there that tight i had to get a knife up in there to cut it out,
3/ i had been out for a fish one morning ,went across the bar and it was dead flat,caught a few fish and round 10 oclock i came back in over the bar ,there was some really good waves rolling in an breaking on the bar,i dropped off the rods and fish and went back out to get used to the bar conditions(play),i was going great guns for about 1 hour getting my confidence up,i was surfing and jumping the waves,i was riding a wave in and went to far forward over the face of the wave , suddenly the nose of the ski is facing straight down,i ended up barrell rolling and end for ending the ski several times,i managed to right the ski and limped back up the estuary,i had serverly wrenched all the ligiments in my knee and could hardly walk,that took months to heal,
that was a few years ago ,since then i have taken things a bit more careful,and as they say you learn from your mistakes, lol!

pete jenkins

Male
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

i thought these jetskis were bullet proof and could handle anything Empty Re i thought these jetskis were bullet proof and could handle anything

Post  Shdbefishn? Tue Jan 20 2009, 00:42

Ouch, a few lucky misses, I have heard that sucking a rope in can stuff the crankshaft too. Lucky the others only damaged your pride!
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

i thought these jetskis were bullet proof and could handle anything Empty sweet as

Post  Fishoe Tue Jan 20 2009, 05:17

lol! lol! lol!
Fishoe
Fishoe

Male
Number of posts : 539
Best fish landed on your ski : monster
Job/hobbies : Refrigeration engineer/catching big fish
Humor : Fillet And Release
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

i thought these jetskis were bullet proof and could handle anything Empty Re: i thought these jetskis were bullet proof and could handle anything

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down