RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello all...A short love story...

2 posters

Go down

Hello all...A short love story... Empty Hello all...A short love story...

Post  98InTheHole Sat Jun 20 2009, 12:45

Hi,

I've had a few skis in my life, the usual, jumping waves and pulling a tube with my kids, tons of fun, but doesn't last very long, kids are now 13 and 12 and have other stuff in their minds, and there's only so many waves you can jump, right? Twisted Evil

Anyway, a couple of months ago I went out fishing in Florida, my first true fishing trip, I can only say wow, we ran out of space for the fish, it was absurd, tons of fun and I fell in love with the sport, so I decided to seriously check it out.

I work evenings and nights, which leaves me free to do anything I want during the day, but most of my buddies work, so I had a hard time finding a fishing buddy during the week, and this is when it all came together, on a jetski you can go out by yourself, and I can combine the thrills of the speed with the absolute joy of fishing. I decided to get me a ski. I bought a SeaDoo GTX Limited. Now I see you guys recommend the Yamaha better, but I didn't know then and I've always liked SeaDoo's, no regrets.

I started working on a rig for this ski, I know you guys will tell me to talk to Andrew, and I did send him an email about the Ultimate Rod Holder he has, but I didn't get a reply (not blaming him, my computer got destroyed and I lost tons of emails, so I probably missed his reply), anyway, I'm an impulsive guy and can't wait for anything, so I just built my own....

(I tried uploading a photo but wasn't able to...)

Anybody out there fishing off a GTX? The suspension thing has created a few challenges in setting up the rig, especially since I don't want to make any permanent mods to the ski, I don't have any real static places to hold it to, just on the back, but on the front I've used bungy cord to allow for the suspension to move without causing any damage to the ski or the rig. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

I guess this is it for now, great forum, I've already found tons of great info here!!!

See you out there!
98InTheHole
98InTheHole

Male
Number of posts : 5
Humor : Fine, you caught it, now what?
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Back to top Go down

Hello all...A short love story... Empty Re: Hello all...A short love story...

Post  ken124 Sat Jun 20 2009, 20:57

Hi, I take it you have the new Seadoo with the suspension, I plan on getting one myself oneday so very interested to hear how you get on. I haven't actually seen one yet but they look good on YouTube. Thanks Ken
ken124
ken124

Male
Number of posts : 22
Job/hobbies : line haul driver/jetskifishing
Registration date : 2009-03-23

http://kdhogan@xtra.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  98InTheHole Sun Jun 21 2009, 11:54

Yes, it is the new one with the suspension, to be honest, at first I was skeptical, but this thing has proven itself and I'm loving it. I'm usually out in choppy waters, and with the suspension I can go faster and stay out way longer, and the best part is I can sit through most waves while riding fast. Bottom line, loving it...Go for it...

If by "how you get on" you mean actually getting on, then the answer is simple, the ski has a "dock-mode", it always starts that way, which means the suspension is all the way down, so it behaves like a regular ski, when you start going, the deck rises and the suspension starts working, only when you go below a certain RPM it engages the dock-mode again. You can override the dock-mode for low RPM, which I did, but it proves "interesting" when having passengers in neutral, I actually managed to catch a wave and semi-flip it, no harm, it was fun...
98InTheHole
98InTheHole

Male
Number of posts : 5
Humor : Fine, you caught it, now what?
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down