RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie ROTORUA but fish the west coast

5 posters

Go down

Newbie ROTORUA but fish the west coast Empty Newbie ROTORUA but fish the west coast

Post  salti 1 Wed Jul 29 2009, 08:40

Hi guy's. what a great site, wish I'd found it sooner. I bought a honda 1200 turbocharged goes good. I go fishing from Marakopa on the west coast, my jet ski is currently been fitted out with a custom made platform to hold two cray pott's and a couple rods. This is being done a Waikato Stainless. (Sorry Andrew i didn't know). Looking forward to getting it back, will post photo's when completed. Looking at fitting a fish finder soon, does anyone have any ideas for this mode - Honda AQUATRAX F-12X/F-12 Would prefer not to have a transom mount transducer as the bar crossing can be very dodgy and don't want it smashed off. Any information would be very helpful.

Cheers

Salti 1
salti 1
salti 1

Male
Number of posts : 41
PWC : 2006 honda 1200 turbo
Best fish landed on your ski : snapper 10.3 lbs
Job/hobbies : Moulding technician/fishing and fishing
Humor : none
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Newbie ROTORUA but fish the west coast Empty Re: Newbie ROTORUA but fish the west coast

Post  2-EXTREME Wed Jul 29 2009, 08:48

Welcome Salti 1 I can't wait to see a photo of you heading out over the bar loaded with craypots and gear!!! Awesome!!

Go to http://www.fishfinder-store.com/

and do all your comparisons. You will want the highest performing transducer etc to ensure best result.

Thanks for joing the forum and it will be great to have reports from down your way.

Cheers

Mark
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Newbie ROTORUA but fish the west coast Empty Re: Newbie ROTORUA but fish the west coast

Post  Wetscreems Wed Jul 29 2009, 08:51

Hi Salti 1 Welcome yes you are right this is a great sight. If you go and have a look in the technical questions and the setting up for jet ski fishing fourms it may give you some idea's about setting up for fish finders. I have mounted the transducer is mounted in side the hull you need to find a place were there is only glass no foam or it wont read correctly mine is just siliconed in. The other blokes on here will give you good advice if you get stuck..

Cheers Wetsceems (Scott)
Wetscreems
Wetscreems

Male
Number of posts : 17
Job/hobbies : National Service Manager - Fishing , Boating and Family
Humor : Hell I'm funny
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post  salti 1 Wed Jul 29 2009, 09:00

cheer's guy's
can't wait , i load up on grays when i set them from my boat but ican't always get a crew. So getting a ski will help and they are heaps of fun.
Glenn
salti 1
salti 1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Wed Jul 29 2009, 09:06

Welcome Glenn, we look forward to seeing some images and hearing some Cray reports. e have just added a new feature at the bottom of the ome page, when other users are logged on you can all chat live online, try it out...

Cheers Andrew
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 735
Best fish landed on your ski : Snapper - 17 Pound, Kingfish - 19 kilo
Job/hobbies : The jetskifishing guy
Humor : Funny Ha!Ha!

http://www.jetskifishing.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  Cigar Thu Jul 30 2009, 10:11

Hiya Glenn,
Geez, that makes 3 Hondas going out from Marokopa now!
I have a fishfinder on my Yamaha FX160, I'll catch up next time I'm out there if you're around so you can see how I have it set up. I don't make it down there as much as I would like now, do most of my fishing on the Firth of Thames.
The ski will be a lot easier to launch than the Senator, and I won't have to help when ya get bogged at Kiritihere lol!

Cheers,
Chris R ("Whiplash")

Cigar

Male
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Thu Jul 30 2009, 20:05

Hi Scott, Glenn and Chris, I and others are intrigued to see your skis and rigs. If you have some photos and have trouble uploading them , forward them direct to me and I can post for you andrew@jetskifishing.co.nz Also looking forward to some great fishing reports from your region Smile
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  salti 1 Fri Jul 31 2009, 06:59

Hi Chris will catch up with you at Marokopa (getting is stuck on the beach was our little secret) Hi affraid Andrew thanks for the welcome, i'm a computer dummy so will have to take you up on the offer re sending photo's to you.

Cheers guys

Glenn

Ps picked up my rig today, looks good, looks great can't see the $1,000.00 they wanted!!
salti 1
salti 1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Sun Aug 02 2009, 05:47

Hi Glenn, look forward to seeing the rig, send this images if you like and I will post for you.
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  salti 1 Sun Aug 02 2009, 08:20

Hi Andrew
heading to the coast next weekend, so will take some pics with the ski riigged up,as most of my fishiing gear is at the coast.
cheers Gleen
PS hope i can get out for my first jetski fishing trip.
salti 1
salti 1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cigar Sun Aug 02 2009, 08:36

Hi Glenn,
Forecast don't look to hot, 3 to 4 m swells affraid

If the sea is rough, its a nice run up the river. Its about 10km up to the Karaka bridge, above there you have to watch for logs. Note that there is a 5 knot speed limit within 30m of any structure, but whitebait stands are NOT considered structures in the bylaw. Whitebait season starts 15th Aug, so its the last chance for a run without upsetting everyone.
Here's the GPS track from my last blast - and no I didn't fly out of the river and across the road, just had a couple of stray GPS fixes!

Newbie ROTORUA but fish the west coast Riverr10

Cigar

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  salti 1 Mon Aug 03 2009, 07:54

hi Chris.
thanks for the info, have done that run on the back of dingos ski, talk about white knuckle s.
If the sea is goin to be that bad i might do some maintanance on the tractor,then have a beer or 6 with chummy. Hows the fishing been in the firth of Thames ?
salti 1
salti 1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cigar Mon Aug 03 2009, 08:22

Good idea, have a beer or six with Chum - and then head out the river! Laughing

The fishing in the Firth was great from September thru to the end of March, then got pretty quiet. I haven't been out since the start of June, but September is getting closer...

Cigar

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down