RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wetscreams Seadoo Jetskifishing rig

+2
Wetscreems
Jetskifishing
6 posters

Go down

Wetscreams Seadoo Jetskifishing rig Empty Wetscreams Seadoo Jetskifishing rig

Post  Jetskifishing Sun Aug 02 2009, 04:53

[img]Wetscreams Seadoo Jetskifishing rig Img_0110[/img]
[img]Wetscreams Seadoo Jetskifishing rig Img_0111[/img]
[img]Wetscreams Seadoo Jetskifishing rig Img_0113[/img]
[img]Wetscreams Seadoo Jetskifishing rig Img_0114[/img]
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 735
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : Snapper - 17 Pound, Kingfish - 19 kilo
Job/hobbies : The jetskifishing guy
Humor : Funny Ha!Ha!
Registration date : 2008-10-14

http://www.jetskifishing.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Wetscreams Seadoo Jetskifishing rig Empty Re: Wetscreams Seadoo Jetskifishing rig

Post  Wetscreems Mon Aug 03 2009, 08:07

Thanks Andrew it was driving me nuts trying to up load pics. My Ski is still a work in progress. When I decided to fit lights thought peice of cake it's a power driven vessel so you should be showing both port/starboard and Steaming light which also acts as the anchor light as per Martime regulations but on checking with the harbour masters office I was informed that there is no regulation as the PWC is classed as a "daytime toy" so there is no requirement to fit lights. I as you all can see have done what I think is safest should anything happen at least I've tried.
Wetscreems
Wetscreems

Male
Number of posts : 17
Job/hobbies : National Service Manager - Fishing , Boating and Family
Humor : Hell I'm funny
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Wetscreams Seadoo Jetskifishing rig Empty Re: Wetscreams Seadoo Jetskifishing rig

Post  Cigar Mon Aug 03 2009, 08:38

I'm pretty sure that legally a PWC is classed as a boat. I am also pretty sure that "daytime toy" is not a legal classification!

Cigar

Male
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Shdbefishn? Mon Aug 03 2009, 08:43

I'd dispute the harbour masters stance also. If you are using during the hours of darkness then you should be displaying lights. Legally it would probably get away with a 360 degree white light but in the interests of safety many of us have full nav light set ups. Many of us have seen boats with no lights when heading out in the early morning and they are damn hard to see and unsafe.
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Mon Aug 03 2009, 08:50

Any interesting topic, I think it is simple. Technology has improved more than the legal requlations over the years, missing the boat literally on Jetskifishing and possibly Kayaks? Over the last few years the skis are now so much bigger, being up to 12 ft, larger displacement engines and super horsepower. With all these improvements, they are a little more than a daytime toy, especially with the investment to own one, not putting them in the means of a teenager like the earlier years.

Cheers, Andrew
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Wetscreems Mon Aug 03 2009, 09:25

A 360 degree white is acceptable it is a combination of steaming and stern. Vessels under 12 meters only have to have P/S and either an All round white ie 360 degree or a Steaming and a stern light

http://www.boatus.org/onlinecourse/ReviewPages/BoatUSF/Project/info2c.htm[url][/url]

http://www.hellamarine.com/?t=145

for those that have any questions on lights.

I never said "Day time toy" was a classicifcation I should have said "consider" Neutral
Wetscreems
Wetscreems

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cigar Mon Aug 03 2009, 09:40

Cigar wrote:I'm pretty sure that legally a PWC is classed as a boat. I am also pretty sure that "daytime toy" is not a legal classification!
My comment was having a dig at the Harbour master, because I think he is wrong. Sorry if it came across the wrong way.

Cigar

Male
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Mon Aug 03 2009, 09:58

I agree. Isn't funny that most people assumptions from years gone by that a PWC is used in the daytime only which would have been true up til around a couple of years ago when they started to be used for fishing etc (same with Kayaks). Anyway the best thing is we all are keen to comply with regulations and beyond and really applying a little common sense. I would still have lights on me in the dark on the water if I was in a tractor tire tube floating down the river!!!!
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?

Back to top Go down

Post  HOTBODZ Mon Aug 03 2009, 11:01

i think its more common sense to have lights on if your out in the dark , try driving your car without lights , you will soon create road rage . i've been out a couple of times in the early morning
with others and its not pleasant to be cruising and then have a boat come flying past you with no lights and no consideration for others .
"Be safe be seen " if not for yourself for others .
HOTBODZ
HOTBODZ

Male
Number of posts : 179
PWC : 2008 SEADOO GTX LTD 215 SUPERCHARGED
Best fish landed on your ski : 7lb Snapper
Job/hobbies : Company Director
Humor : Tag and Release
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Mon Aug 03 2009, 20:13

Cigar wrote:
Cigar wrote:I'm pretty sure that legally a PWC is classed as a boat. I am also pretty sure that "daytime toy" is not a legal classification!
My comment was having a dig at the Harbour master, because I think he is wrong. Sorry if it came across the wrong way.
I totally understand where you were coming from. Smile
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Wetscreems Mon Aug 03 2009, 21:54

Hi Guys to try and put this to bed I have spoken with a friend of mine at Maritime New Zealand, Jim Lott who is the Manager for Recreational Boating so it don't get much higher our ski's are demend as power boats. If we are out after sunset and before sunrise we are required to have the correct lights i.e. Red and Green and an All round white light that is 1 meter above the side lights. If you anchor you should be able to switch off the side lights and only show your all round white which is then an anchor light.

As a group of people involved using PWC's for such a great sport as this we should all be leaders in saftey and doing things right to try and prove to the ever watching public eye that we not all hoons and idoits that from tme to time make the news because they have been doing the wrong thing Very Happy

Take a look at the link below if you are unsure Question

http://www.maritimenz.govt.nz/Publications-and-forms/Recreational-boating/Safe-Boating-an-essential-guide-2008.pdf
Wetscreems
Wetscreems

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down