RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Octaine Boost

5 posters

Go down

Octaine Boost Empty Octaine Boost

Post  easy78 Wed Aug 12 2009, 21:36

Hi Jase just a quick question about octaine boost products i have owned a few turbo and supercharged high preformance cars in the last few years and found that due to the low quality fuel we have here in NZ if i ran some octaine boost every second full tank the engine ran better and cleaner and i got better economy and power.My question is would it be ok to do the same with my 1500cc supercharged seadoo .
Cheers

easy78

Male
Number of posts : 9
PWC : Sea Doo
Humor : Yip
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Octaine Boost Empty Re: Octaine Boost

Post  2-EXTREME Thu Aug 13 2009, 08:51

What are you running it on at the moment??
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Octaine Boost Empty COCTAINE BOOST

Post  easy78 Fri Aug 14 2009, 21:13

Im running it on 95 or higher if i can find it but from what i read its still below the quality found overseas

easy78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Shdbefishn? Sat Aug 15 2009, 03:29

Many people think the higher the octane rating of fuel the better the fuel and the higher performance. This is not true. The Octane rating is related to the anti knock properties of the fuel, more loosly the speed at which the fuel burns.

Pre ignition (knocking) occurs when the fuel ignites before the spark plug fires which can destroy engines, anti knock or high octane is to prevent this and is often used in high performance high compression engines where the fuel tries to burn before it is ignited (non unlike a diesel engine).

If the engine is at manufacturers spec then use the reccommended fuel, if the supercharger is boosting more than standard there may be a case for higher octane fuel. To add octane boost will only waste you money.
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Jase Mon Aug 17 2009, 07:34

easy78 wrote:Hi Jase just a quick question about octaine boost products i have owned a few turbo and supercharged high preformance cars in the last few years and found that due to the low quality fuel we have here in NZ if i ran some octaine boost every second full tank the engine ran better and cleaner and i got better economy and power.My question is would it be ok to do the same with my 1500cc supercharged seadoo .
Cheers
I have a customer who who pushes his rxp pretty hard he said that he got better performance by using a octain booster,he was running 95 octain fuel and his booster
I told him to try bp 98 and see how that goes,he came back and said that it ran better than than his 95 and booster
I think it came down to him riding so hard that the engine was starting to knock so the ecu would start retarding the timing then by adding the booster helped with engine Knock(deto)
changing to 98 solved this by adding slightly more octain and kept the engine happy.
Now the race guys in the south island find that running 91 octain fuel out performes 95 or 98.go figure!
i have used octain booster in the old 2stroke days and found it to work ok.
If you find that using a booster helps go for it it wont hurt the engine
jase
Jase
Jase

Male
Number of posts : 45
Job/hobbies : Workshop Manager for pwc,setting up fast skis,racing
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Octaine Boost Empty octane boost

Post  easy78 Tue Aug 18 2009, 22:01

Thanks guys appreciate the replys

easy78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Fri Aug 21 2009, 02:18

just do your research on octane boosters, some do next to nothing, I think the Nulon (from memory) one was good for about 2-3 octane points.
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Number of posts : 517
PWC : Yammie FX140 fishing machine.
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb Snap
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum