RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMPLE TIP !!

4 posters

Go down

SIMPLE TIP !! Empty SIMPLE TIP !!

Post  2-EXTREME Tue Aug 18 2009, 08:09

This is a very simple tip for new and old players with regard to ski care, post trip, regarding seats.

Once you have finished washing your ski down and it is parked up for another few days, weeks or whatever, be sure to take the seats off and stand them on end with a towel or similar underneath. Stand them on the most forward facing part of the seat as this tends to be the narrowest point and makes for easy drainage. Yes drainage is the key word here people. If you have been out on a very rough day with plenty of water getting thrown at you and you have washed everything down well, you will be surprised how much water can hold in your seat.

So this does two things, firstly it drains any water out of your seats within a few hours, and then can be put back on. Secondly these few hours whilst your ski is warm still are critical to have the seats off to allow the moisture in the engine bay evaporate as opposed to having condensation build up and start doing its thing.

Just a simple tip and one that will keep your seats and engine bay in great condition. (Along with all the other care duties required)
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

SIMPLE TIP !! Empty simple tip

Post  ken124 Tue Aug 18 2009, 20:07

Funny you should post this, just found out yesterday about the condensation after washing the ski and running the engine in fresh water. It's one of the many things I think is great about this site for newbies like me, you can learn a lot about do's and don'ts.
ken124
ken124

Male
Number of posts : 22
Job/hobbies : line haul driver/jetskifishing
Registration date : 2009-03-23

http://kdhogan@xtra.co.nz

Back to top Go down

SIMPLE TIP !! Empty Re: SIMPLE TIP !!

Post  Shdbefishn? Tue Aug 18 2009, 22:21

My seat is off always when the ski is in the garage for the condensation reason, keeps everything nice & dry. Seat stands on end on an old pience of carpet, never had water get in the upholstery but i always give it a good hosing down.

I'd reccomend everyone who has their ski garaged leave their seat off.
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

SIMPLE TIP !! Empty Re: SIMPLE TIP !!

Post  Fishoe Sun Aug 30 2009, 18:42

i always wash under seats after every trip then inox every thing
Fishoe
Fishoe

Male
Number of posts : 539
Best fish landed on your ski : monster