RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gas usage on seadoo rxtx 255hp

4 posters

Go down

gas usage on seadoo rxtx 255hp Empty gas usage on seadoo rxtx 255hp

Post  JAZA Mon Nov 16 2009, 08:28

any one here have a 2009 rxtx? wanting to know gas usage for a fishing trip say from hmb to gannet or hmb to noises? cheers
JAZA
JAZA

Male
Number of posts : 177
PWC : 2008 Sea-Doo GTX
Best fish landed on your ski : 10LB SNAPPER FLAT ROCK 9-02-10 JIGGING
Job/hobbies : TRADESMAN/JETSKIFISHING/SNOWBOARDING
Humor : YOUR NOT KEEPING THAT ARE U??
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

gas usage on seadoo rxtx 255hp Empty Re: gas usage on seadoo rxtx 255hp

Post  Innsie Mon Nov 16 2009, 10:22

Hi Jaza. Yep I've got one. Always depends on how wide open your throttle is. If I stay under 40mph it's great - about half tank used. Flat out would use about 5/8 or so. Since my latest service, the fuel economy is getting way better. Went Bklds to Waiheke, Sergeants, lots cruisng and just filled it up - 17.5 litres. Avg speed was 43mph so pretty pleased with it. If you're looking at buying one - see me. I'm gonna list mine and go to the dark side - Yamaha as I don;t need all that power of the supercharger.
Innsie
Innsie

Male
Number of posts : 198
PWC : Seadoo RXT-X
Best fish landed on your ski : 2m Bronze Whaler off Motihue... well almost landed but cut the line!
Job/hobbies : Finance Adviser / Broker / Business Consultant / Snapper Whisperer / Comedian
Humor : Flight of the Conchords - RULE
Registration date : 2009-05-15

http://www.pfgroup.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Mon Nov 16 2009, 18:12

Hi Jaza, all I can say without trying to put you off not being one sided, there is no need to have Supercharged with the performance you can get out of non supercharged these days. If Steve tells you honestly, he was stressed about his fuel consumption the whole time when out with me chasing workups and we didn't even go as far as TiriTiri. He is not the first either to worry like this, the RXT-X would use at least 25% more than a Yamaha ( My Supercharged Yammie used 25% more aswell!) and only have approx 10% more performance which isn't needed for fishing. Even in saying this, they use less if not using full throttle, but not near as fuel efficient as Naturally Aspirated. Yamaha and Sea-Doo have their own merits for recreational use, but for fishing and economy the Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre is the one, it has the 70 litre tank and I rode past Anchorite the other week with no worries for fuel. It doesn't matter what brand you upgrade to, just be steer away from Supercharged or Turbo as not one serious Jetskifisho has been confident for fuel unless on Naturally Aspirated. P.S. The LX 150 Kawasaki is a great ski to, just not quite the performance, has heaps of storage and 80 litre tank.
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 735
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : Snapper - 17 Pound, Kingfish - 19 kilo
Job/hobbies : The jetskifishing guy
Humor : Funny Ha!Ha!
Registration date : 2008-10-14

http://www.jetskifishing.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  Innsie Wed Nov 18 2009, 04:48

Hey Andrew,

You're right in some respects but people need to review how they'll personally use their ski. Not all want to go really wide. If they do, I agree with you or they can put some extra fuel in the front of the BIG seadoo storage area. If they want a toy for when the rod holder's off the back, then I'd go supecharger. Horses for courses I guess. We're all right.
Innsie
Innsie

Male
Number of posts : 198
PWC : Seadoo RXT-X
Best fish landed on your ski : 2m Bronze Whaler off Motihue... well almost landed but cut the line!
Job/hobbies : Finance Adviser / Broker / Business Consultant / Snapper Whisperer / Comedian
Humor : Flight of the Conchords - RULE
Registration date : 2009-05-15

http://www.pfgroup.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  HOTBODZ Wed Nov 18 2009, 08:14

Went to Gannett and back last time out with you guys probably half a tank , how often would you go out wide .Supercharger is lots of fun .You can always cruise and have the power when you need it .
You would only worry about gas if going out wide and you have last minute change of destination to go even wider .
HOTBODZ
HOTBODZ

Male
Number of posts : 179
PWC : 2008 SEADOO GTX LTD 215 SUPERCHARGED
Best fish landed on your ski : 7lb Snapper
Job/hobbies : Company Director
Humor : Tag and Release
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content