RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHO WAS OUT FISHING IN THE RED 2009 GTI SEADOO WED 6-1-2010

+4
Mike The Builder
Shdbefishn?
HOTBODZ
JAZA
8 posters

Go down

WHO WAS OUT FISHING IN THE RED 2009 GTI SEADOO WED 6-1-2010 Empty WHO WAS OUT FISHING IN THE RED 2009 GTI SEADOO WED 6-1-2010

Post  JAZA Fri Jan 08 2010, 21:23

MY SELF AND A NEW GUY ON A 2009 SEADOO GTI WITH NO ROD HOLDER WAS FISHING ABOUT 800M PAST THE YELLOW FERRY BOUYS ALONG WITH ANOTHER 10 BOATS OR SO AND WANKA IN A 42FT RIVERA WITH NO NAME MADE A BEELINE FOR US FROM WAIHEKE HE TOOK FOREVER TO CHANGE COURSE I WOUND IN MY LINE PUT THE ROD AWAY Shocked AND WATCHED THIS DUDE ,AND THE OTHER GUY ON THE SKI WASNT AWARE WHAT WAS HAPPENING WOUND IN AND PUT HIS ROD DOWN THE SIDE OF THE AS HE HAD NO ROD KIT ON THE BACK BEFORE HE COULD START THIS TOSSA FLEW PAST WITHIN 5-10 METERS affraid LEFT A HUA WAKE BEHIND AND THE GUYS ON THE FLYBRIDGE AND OUT BACK WERE LAUGHING THERE HEADS OFF Evil or Very Mad AS THEY PAST IF THE SNAPS HADNT JUST COME ON THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN CHASE BACK TO HMB MARINA TO REPRT THIS clown ANY WAY LUCKY WE STAYED PUT WE BOTH WERE LANDING FISH AFTER THAT. NOT VERY HAPPY Twisted Evil
JAZA
JAZA

Male
Number of posts : 177
PWC : 2008 Sea-Doo GTX
Best fish landed on your ski : 10LB SNAPPER FLAT ROCK 9-02-10 JIGGING
Job/hobbies : TRADESMAN/JETSKIFISHING/SNOWBOARDING
Humor : YOUR NOT KEEPING THAT ARE U??
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

WHO WAS OUT FISHING IN THE RED 2009 GTI SEADOO WED 6-1-2010 Empty Re: WHO WAS OUT FISHING IN THE RED 2009 GTI SEADOO WED 6-1-2010

Post  HOTBODZ Fri Jan 08 2010, 21:48

Seems to be a few tossers out there at the moment , read on the fishing website about guy on kayak had the same thing happen to him in the 5knot channel at Bucks , i reckon if you got a camera take a pic of these guys and report them or post on the website , no need for this on the water .I bet theres more than one on the boat as well .they wouldnt be so gutsy on their own .
I've had a couple of arrogant ones at the ramp where ive said hello and they look the other way .
HOTBODZ
HOTBODZ

Male
Number of posts : 179
PWC : 2008 SEADOO GTX LTD 215 SUPERCHARGED
Best fish landed on your ski : 7lb Snapper
Job/hobbies : Company Director
Humor : Tag and Release
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

WHO WAS OUT FISHING IN THE RED 2009 GTI SEADOO WED 6-1-2010 Empty Re: WHO WAS OUT FISHING IN THE RED 2009 GTI SEADOO WED 6-1-2010

Post  Shdbefishn? Fri Jan 08 2010, 21:57

Yeah, no need for it at all, was out Monday and came back to the ramp and had someone turn the other way on me too when i was trying to be friendly.
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike The Builder Sat Jan 09 2010, 02:04

Maybe its time powerboat need to have rego numbers to be displayed like we do.

Mike The Builder

Male
Number of posts : 17
PWC : yamaha vx1100deluxe
Best fish landed on your ski : 15lb snapper
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Shdbefishn? Sat Jan 09 2010, 02:24

They do, its a new ARC bylaw, page 24 of January's fishing news tells a bit. Recreational vessels are required to display either its name, vhf call sign or trailer rego number. They also say they are going to have a blitz on speed and life jackets etc.

Not sure what the requirements are but its probably a good idea, we have to have rego numbers
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  HOTBODZ Sat Jan 09 2010, 04:59

Shdbefishn? wrote:They do, its a new ARC bylaw, page 24 of January's fishing news tells a bit. Recreational vessels are required to display either its name, vhf call sign or trailer rego number. They also say they are going to have a blitz on speed and life jackets etc.

Not sure what the requirements are but its probably a good idea, we have to have rego numbers

i hope they do
HOTBODZ
HOTBODZ

Male
Number of posts : 179
PWC : 2008 SEADOO GTX LTD 215 SUPERCHARGED
Best fish landed on your ski : 7lb Snapper
Job/hobbies : Company Director
Humor : Tag and Release
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Sat Jan 09 2010, 06:19

It seems there is one rule for one and not for others, saw some pretty bad scenarios at Tairua. I was idling through the 5 knot zone and a boatie who thought he was the Harbour Master flys up behind me telling me and the girlfriend to slow down! I commented to the girlfriend, he would have to be going about 20 knots to come up behind me unnoticed, quite amusing..
Next day I cruise with my daughter to Pauanui and some tosser starts waiving his finger at me as I coasted into the 3 knot zone, now remember by daughter is scared of the skis and still getting confidence. I think they skis look so sleak and have such a bad reputation from the local tourists who aren't fishing they just think all ski rider are menaces.
My daughter and I got the last laugh, as we were about to exit the 3 knot zone a boatie cut across me and then in front of a menacing jetski rider and I was saying to my daughter did you see that!
Next thing he was beached on the sand, 5 up all trying to lift the boat off the sand, a bit of blind justice.
Keep up the good etiquite crew at least we are doing the right things on the water.
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 735
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : Snapper - 17 Pound, Kingfish - 19 kilo
Job/hobbies : The jetskifishing guy
Humor : Funny Ha!Ha!
Registration date : 2008-10-14

http://www.jetskifishing.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  dj021 Mon Jan 11 2010, 07:49

Hey Jaza,

I was talking to a mate today about what happened to you. If you're interested there are apparently only 2 X 42ft Rivieras at HMB. He knows because his dad sold his one about a year ago to someone there. Shouldn't be too hard to track the wankers down. I can make more enquires if required.

Could prove to be a great location for us all to dispose of fish carcasses

Twisted Evil

Cheers

Dave
dj021
dj021

Male
Number of posts : 19
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz Snapper
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Mon Jan 11 2010, 09:05

Hey team, I have just read all these comments,....and i believe truly that these boaties are soooo envois of the jetski fishos catching MORE fish and BIGGER fish than on their highly expensive boats.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

I remember a time when all people using/enjoying the water would give a wave and a smile. It appears sadly, this has gone. Agro on the ramps has now become a everyday offence.
confused confused confused
eddie
eddie
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 149
PWC : Seadoo GTX Wake edition 2006
Best fish landed on your ski : 690mm,12.2LB at the Haystack 5/12/09
Job/hobbies : job=sales/marketing.hobbies=rallying and fishing....now jetski fishing!!!
Humor : All Types!!
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Ducky Wed Jan 13 2010, 11:00

Just wanted to say that I am glad to have this talk in the forum.... I too have had some really scary experiences out on the water, and the majority were all while I was stationary and these large cruisers cut past within meters... I had one wave go right over my ski and nearly wash me off on my second time out on my own last year... not nice at all!

I will be keeping my camera with me at all times, and if I can get photos I will... we really need to clean up the ocean from these self righteous pricks...
Ducky
Ducky

Male
Number of posts : 138
PWC : Seadoo GTX
Job/hobbies : Jetski, kayaking, fishing, computers, mountain biking...
Humor : Very much!
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down