RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday 23 rd RAIN OR SHINE departing Bucklands Beach ramp.

+8
2-EXTREME
Innsie
aleigh
memfis
Shdbefishn?
JAZA
Jetskifishing
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Saturday 23 rd RAIN OR SHINE departing Bucklands Beach ramp. Empty Saturday 23 rd RAIN OR SHINE departing Bucklands Beach ramp.

Post  Jetskifishing Mon Jan 18 2010, 07:04

Hi Crew, has been a while for me to have a Snapper session in Auckland, lets get a big group together and go fill our chilly bins.
A big group would be great and try bring your cameras to catch some good shots of each other, ther record on the water together is 14 at once, would be good to seee it again...
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 735
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : Snapper - 17 Pound, Kingfish - 19 kilo
Job/hobbies : The jetskifishing guy
Humor : Funny Ha!Ha!
Registration date : 2008-10-14

http://www.jetskifishing.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Saturday 23 rd RAIN OR SHINE departing Bucklands Beach ramp. Empty Re: Saturday 23 rd RAIN OR SHINE departing Bucklands Beach ramp.

Post  JAZA Mon Jan 18 2010, 07:32

Jetskifishing wrote:Hi Crew, has been a while for me to have a Snapper session in Auckland, lets get a big group together and go fill our chilly bins.
A big group would be great and try bring your cameras to catch some good shots of each other, ther record on the water together is 14 at once, would be good to seee it again...

is that when ya crashed ya ski into another one Laughing
JAZA
JAZA

Male
Number of posts : 177
PWC : 2008 Sea-Doo GTX
Best fish landed on your ski : 10LB SNAPPER FLAT ROCK 9-02-10 JIGGING
Job/hobbies : TRADESMAN/JETSKIFISHING/SNOWBOARDING
Humor : YOUR NOT KEEPING THAT ARE U??
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Saturday 23 rd RAIN OR SHINE departing Bucklands Beach ramp. Empty Re: Saturday 23 rd RAIN OR SHINE departing Bucklands Beach ramp.

Post  Jetskifishing Mon Jan 18 2010, 07:39

JAZA wrote:
Jetskifishing wrote:Hi Crew, has been a while for me to have a Snapper session in Auckland, lets get a big group together and go fill our chilly bins.

is that when ya crashed ya ski into another one Laughing
No its not Smile Thanks for the positive support. The day 14 skis were on the water I introduced a few of yous to fishing work ups and took time to video each of you...
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Shdbefishn? Mon Jan 18 2010, 10:04

Different day Jaza, & I was one of the 14, gee that was a while ago Andrew, must be time for an encore, im in!
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  memfis Tue Jan 19 2010, 05:45

yes im keen! but will need to meet you all on water! but only know a few places on the water, must get some nav lights! what sort of time are you going out?????? but count me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
memfis
memfis

Male
Number of posts : 63
PWC : fx ho waverunner
Best fish landed on your ski : 13.1/2lb snapper
Job/hobbies : Refrigeration/ air con
Humor : Dont ask me!! i dont care.
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Wed Jan 20 2010, 08:27

Saturday is looking good for numbers, we are at least six skis already, post here who is coming out, planning to leave the ramp at 5.30am at Bucklands Beach.
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  memfis Thu Jan 21 2010, 05:16

on sat is anybody going out from northshore side to meet up with Andrew? if so could you let me know so i can meet up!!

Regards Mark 0212450636
memfis
memfis

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  aleigh Thu Jan 21 2010, 08:31

where are you planning on going out to?

swellmap seems to portray a rather windy morning so hope it's not too accurate for 5:30am
aleigh
aleigh

Male
Number of posts : 186
PWC : Kawasaki STX 15F
Best fish landed on your ski : 40cm snapper on 02/01/10 still trying for bigger
Job/hobbies : Drugs / Kids
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Saturday 23 rd RAIN OR SHINE departing Bucklands Beach ramp. Empty whos still thinking of going out sat am

Post  JAZA Thu Jan 21 2010, 19:06

JAZA
JAZA

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Thu Jan 21 2010, 19:24

Watching the weather, we will make a call later today if to hairy, yet this is a short trip and we know what our skis are capable of...
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  newbie Thu Jan 21 2010, 19:33

Im Keen, just weary of the weather report, looks like less wind on sunday? will be safer with whole bunch.
Let us know if your a definate for tomorrow Andrew and will be at the ramp 5.30am

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Innsie Thu Jan 21 2010, 19:57

Will let you know later today/tonight Andrew. I may be at a Hampton Downs Corp box watching motorsport. Ohhh it's a hard life! Very Happy
Innsie
Innsie

Male
Number of posts : 198
PWC : Seadoo RXT-X
Best fish landed on your ski : 2m Bronze Whaler off Motihue... well almost landed but cut the line!
Job/hobbies : Finance Adviser / Broker / Business Consultant / Snapper Whisperer / Comedian
Humor : Flight of the Conchords - RULE
Registration date : 2009-05-15

http://www.pfgroup.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Thu Jan 21 2010, 23:07

Right heres my thoughts.

Wind will be around 15-17knots from the South west. For the first hour or so it will be relatively easy and flatish as the wind blows with the tide direction so I reckon we have a quick session at the Crusoe/Sargeants area until low tide just after 7. Then we all gap it down to the bottom end of waiheke up inside Pakatoa etc and explore the pins and deep water the resides around there as it will be glass calm and sheltered. New territory for many I am guessing and that part of the gulf is stunning and very scenic. It will not be that rough compared to what several of us have ridden in many times, but having some roughish water experience is definately a good thing for building your experience and understanding of how you and your ski react. The best thing will be there will be plenty of skis to make sure everyone is ok. (REMEMBER SAFETY RULES WHEN RIDING AND APPROACHING OTHERS) Then if anyones confidence is keen for more I am happy to accompany you back up and through the Motuihe Channel, when wind against tide is in full swing.....what the hell I may ride it several times for fun. Just kidding it won't be that rough. If it was blowing 30+ knots wind against tide it would be ROUGH!!

I wouldn't be put off as it is always fun, dress for the conditions as there may also be a little drizzle in the morning, have a full tank of gas and get into it.

Failing the plan to go to the bottom end we could always head up around to the Rakino Channel and be protected by the SW wind, however that would mean all would be running the Motuihe Channel on the return wind against tide................. sounds like fun to me !!!

Last edited by 2-EXTREME on Fri Jan 22 2010, 02:37; edited 1 time in total
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Fri Jan 22 2010, 00:46

An up date with a map as the first spot being A for the general area where we will be fishing for the first hour for those late out of bed or coming from other areas.
[img]Saturday 23 rd RAIN OR SHINE departing Bucklands Beach ramp. Saturd10[/img]
Next spot if we decide to head down to the bottom end spotB
For newbies goggles or glasses make for comfortable riding with any sea spray...
Fill your skis up for anyone doing the bottom end of Waiheke.
We will be on VHF channel 6 for any wanting contact in line of sight...
Latest update, departing Bucklands Beach ramp (by the Barracuda cafe) 5:30 am be in the water for a 5:45am departure, don't forget your cameras!
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Fri Jan 22 2010, 06:07

Wind now dropping to 10 knots at 6:00am then comes up to 15 - 20 as the day progresses. ALL GOOD !!
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?

Back to top Go down

Post  Innsie Fri Jan 22 2010, 07:20

I'm in. See you at ramp or at spot A if I sleep in... like I would!
Innsie
Innsie

Male
Best fish landed on your ski : 2m Bronze Whaler off Motihue... well almost landed but cut the line!
Job/hobbies : Finance Adviser / Broker / Business Consultant / Snapper Whisperer / Comedian

Back to top Go down

Post  memfis Fri Jan 22 2010, 07:32

skis on truck all ready to go!! ill c u @ spot A! never been there b4 so ill look out for 200 skis, or at worse ill use vhf, looking forward to it!!!!!! Memfis
memfis
memfis

Male

Back to top Go down

Saturday 23 rd RAIN OR SHINE departing Bucklands Beach ramp. Empty Bin outa the game for a while living it up in melb!!

Post  penpony28 Fri Jan 22 2010, 07:50

Im bak and will c u guys 2moro morning at the ramp!! ahhh 530 was it?..

penpony28

Male
Number of posts : 11
Job/hobbies : Fishing, Fishing and jet ski fishing!
Registration date : 2009-10-31

http://www.kalessibathroomware.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  Scowner Fri Jan 22 2010, 16:26

At the ramp and still very windy. Andrew still is going out to meet anybody who's out there. Need to be confident in windy conditions
Scowner
Scowner

Male
Number of posts : 131
PWC : Seadoo GTX Wake 155hp 1500cc 2006
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb 1oz - Sat 28nov09
Job/hobbies : IT
Humor : Red Dwarf
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Saturday 23 rd RAIN OR SHINE departing Bucklands Beach ramp. Empty report missing

Post  JAZA Sat Jan 23 2010, 08:08

so wheres this report from the big morning out 6 skis out and no report yet whats going on?/
JAZA
JAZA

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  dj021 Sat Jan 23 2010, 08:16

Early morning swim Mark? Did you land the fish??
dj021
dj021

Male
Number of posts : 19
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz Snapper
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Back to top Go down

Saturday 23 rd RAIN OR SHINE departing Bucklands Beach ramp. Empty Re: Saturday 23 rd RAIN OR SHINE departing Bucklands Beach

Post  Shdbefishn? Sat Jan 23 2010, 08:30

Hmmm, that's what it sounds like, Andy said he had a zilcher, well at least he didnt catch Mark with a jig in the azz while he was pretending to be an Orca......well I am assuming that he was as no one has spelt it out for us yet...

Have been in big swell with Andy and Mark with no fish to show for it before but we had a ball, hope there is a similar story to tell...
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  z_halen Sat Jan 23 2010, 08:55

Come on Guys, Give an Aussie and Entertaining Story, I've been watching the build up to this trip for a while so i'm keen to hear how it turned out,

I don't even care if you didn't catch anything provided something funny happened...

z_halen

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Sat Jan 23 2010, 09:16

Yes, there was some funny stories, was extreme conditions. 2Extreme is writing a report, so hopefully up for Sunday.
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Innsie Sat Jan 23 2010, 10:19

Given the pure and green image we have here in NZ, I really like Andrew's latest idea.

I reliably am informed that he's seriously considering starting up eco-friendly "jetskifishingwatching tours" on the gulf? Today's trip was his first test run and he delivered after such careful planning and perfect execution. Well done mate lol! Tip - drink coffee instead of hot chocolate! Laughing
Innsie
Innsie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next