RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARNING - BEWARE WHO SERVICES YOUR SKI !!

+4
memfis
swasy
momo
HOTBODZ
8 posters

Go down

WARNING - BEWARE WHO SERVICES YOUR SKI !! Empty WARNING - BEWARE WHO SERVICES YOUR SKI !!

Post  HOTBODZ Tue Jan 19 2010, 10:13

I would definitely think twice about where you have your ski serviced.

Last edited by HOTBODZ on Mon Feb 01 2010, 23:15; edited 6 times in total
HOTBODZ
HOTBODZ

Male
Number of posts : 179
PWC : 2008 SEADOO GTX LTD 215 SUPERCHARGED
Best fish landed on your ski : 7lb Snapper
Job/hobbies : Company Director
Humor : Tag and Release
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

WARNING - BEWARE WHO SERVICES YOUR SKI !! Empty Re: WARNING - BEWARE WHO SERVICES YOUR SKI !!

Post  momo Tue Jan 19 2010, 10:34

hmmm.
we spoke about this anyways.. But very dissapointing.. Name and shame is the only way for that company.
I guess buyers beware from here on in and speak to others about experiences and quality of the job carried out.. This is just disgracefull..
I hate to say i told you soo Twisted Evil

momo

Male
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Back to top Go down

WARNING - BEWARE WHO SERVICES YOUR SKI !! Empty PROBLEM SOLVED

Post  HOTBODZ Tue Jan 19 2010, 20:58

As the heading says Problem Solved . cheers

Last edited by HOTBODZ on Mon Feb 01 2010, 23:18; edited 1 time in total
HOTBODZ
HOTBODZ

Male

Back to top Go down

WARNING - BEWARE WHO SERVICES YOUR SKI !! Empty Rip Offs

Post  swasy Wed Jan 20 2010, 05:00

Sorry for your misfortune ...I have heard some terrible stories about that place...and would not use or recommend them.

Unfortunately their are too many rip off merchants out their.... It seems as though in general terms we have limited technical skills in NZ with regards to later model (4stroke) Jet Skis or in this case they may have some knowledge but terrible work ethic or actual mechanical skill.

Lets setup a page of the recommend service agents, let the good ones advertise on this site I believe that good work ethic should be rewarded with patronage.

Let the industry know that we won't tolerate shoddy workmanship!!!

Don't get me wrong rip off businesses can be anywhere but seems to be more prevalent where there is an engine involved, and doubly so if you add water!
swasy
swasy

Male
Number of posts : 139
PWC : 2007 YAMAHA FX160HO
Best fish landed on your ski : 10 KG Kingi on light gear (4kg)
Job/hobbies : Buisness Manager & Contract Sales Resource
Humor : I have 4 kids...you have to have a sense of humor
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

WARNING - BEWARE WHO SERVICES YOUR SKI !! Empty Re: WARNING - BEWARE WHO SERVICES YOUR SKI !!

Post  memfis Wed Jan 20 2010, 07:55

anybody with a seadoo should just stay well clear from PLANET SEADOO!! i wont say y but trust me! she cost two people i know $0000, just because she used to race skis she thinks she knows it all and knows f**kall, i would 100% say to anybody, STAY AWAY shes a joker.. No No No
memfis
memfis

Male
Number of posts : 63
PWC : fx ho waverunner
Best fish landed on your ski : 13.1/2lb snapper
Job/hobbies : Refrigeration/ air con
Humor : Dont ask me!! i dont care.
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

WARNING - BEWARE WHO SERVICES YOUR SKI !! Empty HOW IT SHOULD BE

Post  HOTBODZ Fri Jan 22 2010, 06:45

Got me ski back today heres some images of what it should look like .

Last edited by HOTBODZ on Mon Feb 01 2010, 23:19; edited 1 time in total
HOTBODZ
HOTBODZ

Male

Back to top Go down

WARNING - BEWARE WHO SERVICES YOUR SKI !! Empty who to service your ski

Post  Cliff Sat Jan 23 2010, 08:58

Hey there, will your warrantee still be honoured if you services's are done by SkiMd?
Cliff
Cliff

Male
Number of posts : 12
PWC : 2008 Sea-Doo GTi Humminbird 788ci
Best fish landed on your ski : 15.2 pound
Job/hobbies : Sparkie, Jetski fishing
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  HOTBODZ Sat Jan 23 2010, 09:19

Yes i have checked this out and no problems .
HOTBODZ
HOTBODZ

Male

Back to top Go down

WARNING - BEWARE WHO SERVICES YOUR SKI !! Empty RE - Beware who services your jetski.....................

Post  JFK JETSKI CHICK Tue Jan 26 2010, 14:29

Hey HOTBODZ Smile

I don't normally get involved in the debates on this site because i feel that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and it is good to let other PWC riders/owners know of things that they should be aware of, it helps to build a happy and safe PWC community.
I am sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience with Planet Seadoo but I am glad that they sorted it out your and that you are now a happy PWC Rider and you can enjoy the rest of this summer sunshine on your ski Laughing

This has been an extremely busy summer and when shops are crazy busy and under pressure from customers and the extra work load Christmas and Summer can bring, mistakes can happen, and if they do i think the way a shop deals with that is how you remember there service ... right? We are all human and we all make mistakes !! (Saying this i am not in any way mechanically minded so looking at the faults to you ski after its service does not mean allot to me so i cant say how serious the issues was) but i am guessing that if it had been fixed straight away with no charge and a sincere apology it would have never turned into a big deal ?....Right ? Tell me if i am wrong ! I am speaking from my own experience here !!

BRP/Seadoo have an amazing product, there PWCs always being first on the market with new technology an ideas. They pride them selves with the high standard of training that the service team has to complete and refresh every year, Authorised Seadoo Dealers are made to do this in order to receive , sell and work on the new products that BRP realise eg This year it was the new GTX iS 255 or RXT iS 255 skis that were realised in mid 2009. At least one member from each service team at all Authorised Seadoo dealers in NZ has attended this and has been taught and trained to a high standard of skills that allows them to service and repair your Seadoo ski.

There are only 3 Authorised Seadoo Dealers in Auckland they are Planet Seadoo-North-shore, Woodbine Marine- Botany Downs and our shop JFK Jet skis & Motorcycles in Cavendish Drive, Manukau City,
If you have a NEW Seadoo PWC that is still under the manufactures warranty you MUST have your ski serviced at one of these dealers to maintain your warranty.
If you have a look in your owners manual it clearly states that your warranty coverage is available ONLY if EACH of the conditions have been fulfilled, the 5th condition says that routine maintenance outlined in the operators guide must be timely performed in order to maintain warranty coverage. BRP reserves the right to make warranty coverage contingent upon proof of proper maintenance.
It also says that exclusions to your warranty are - Damage caused by failure to provide proper maintenance and/or storage as described in the operators guide,
And damage resulting from removal of parts, improper repairs, service, maintenance, modifications or use of parts not manufactured or approved by BRP or resulting from repairs done by a person that is not an authorised servicing BRP dealer or distributor. You can ring BRP NZ and they will give you a list of all the Authorised Seadoo Dealers in NZ and they will tell you this same same information.
So please beware that some of the information given to you from a Non authorised Seadoo dealers can be untrue and misleading in some cases can result in your warranty not being covered by BRP!

When servicing your brand new Seadoo PWC the first service should be done at 10 hours then at 50 hours and then 100 hours (or every season if that comes first. )
In your owners guide book there is a part in the front were they recommend your Authorised Seadoo Dealer to fill out when serviced so you can keep a record and have the details of your service history in case you have a warranty issue or for the new owner if you sell your ski within the warranty period.
Most dealers will have this information on file, but it is good for you to have a record as well. The servicing cost is a little different from dealer to dealer but for a 10 hour or 50 hour service we all charge between $335- $400 (This can also depend on what model PWC you are having serviced)

I hope some of this has helped someone !!! Jet skis are so much fun and i love to hear from happy jet ski owners!

So if i can help anyone in anyway let me know i will be happy to answer any questions you may have about servicing, parts, jet ski accessories or social rides and jet ski events that are coming up this year

Lisa
JFK JETSKIS

JFK JETSKI CHICK

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Tue Jan 26 2010, 19:32

Great reply Lisa, thanks for providing your input. I certainly know the importance of sticking to the rules with servicing requirements and guidelines when under any form of warranty (being in that industry).

However, whilst it is great Planet Sea Doo got it sorted quickly, apologised and provided good service in the end, what would the outcome have been had Hotbodz not taken it for a second opinion........ he would be riding a ski that potentially will let him down on the water, with the worse case of the seal letting go and blowing out oil, potentially causing engine damage if he was under plenty of throttle at the time (I am no mechanic either).

In hindsight he should have taken it to an Authorised Sea Doo dealer for the 2nd opinion, but he will not take it Woodbine out of principal from previous dealings, however he chose to take it to Kevin at Ski MD, as Kevin does have an excellent reputation as a Jetski mechanic (despite all the political crap that gets forced into publics faces when visiting various jetski stores).

You all have the opportunity to work well together and respect each others businesses and talents, (which I commend you for doing here in your post) but historically many jump at the chance to rubbish the next. If all focussed on offering exceptional customer service and worked hard on rentention of those customers, not only would their businesses be more successful but jetski sales would siginiifacntly increase year on year as more people were satisfied with the "total ownership experience", which includes on the water fun combined with off the water service from a service/repair centre etc.

Just my take on it all. Thanks again for a positive contribution.
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Tue Jan 26 2010, 20:35

Great informative comments from Lisa and Mark, yet most important is the "total jetski experience" from that first contact with a dealer,customer service, delivery, service, reliablility, fun, after service, social events, resale. All these points are so important and will be what creates the positive feedback word of mouth for the retailers next sale and how to grow the sport of jetskifishing!

Cheers, Andrew
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 735
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : Snapper - 17 Pound, Kingfish - 19 kilo
Job/hobbies : The jetskifishing guy
Humor : Funny Ha!Ha!
Registration date : 2008-10-14

http://www.jetskifishing.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down