RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just ordered my "Ultimate Rod Holder"

+5
PaulB
Aka Hooter
2-EXTREME
BM
taurangajet
9 posters

Go down

Just ordered my "Ultimate Rod Holder" Empty Just ordered my "Ultimate Rod Holder"

Post  taurangajet Thu Oct 16 2008, 20:30

Not quite sure why I'm so excited but, I've just ordered my "Ultimate Rod Holder" cheers I can't wait...come on Andrew get me those details and get the rod holder in the post, I need it now!!! Anyone else get the same kick out of setting up their ski or is it just me Rolling Eyes I'm sure the wife will be just as happy when I tell her No
taurangajet
taurangajet

Male
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Just ordered my "Ultimate Rod Holder" Empty Re: Just ordered my "Ultimate Rod Holder"

Post  BM Thu Oct 16 2008, 21:36

Yeeha Cool im sure the wife will be happy when you come home with the chilli fill of snapper!!

Now lets not forget it has many uses and not just for fishing, plan that picnic..... fill the chilli bin with a bottle of bubbles, box of roses chocolates, maybe some flowers and take her to an island. She may even be keen for a fish on the way home Laughing

BM
Admin

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Just ordered my "Ultimate Rod Holder" Empty Now why didn't I think of that.

Post  taurangajet Fri Oct 17 2008, 01:07

Thanks Mandy, Great idea Very Happy you could even get the beach umbrella across in the rod holder (being careful of course).

You should start a topic on alternate uses for the 'ultimate rod holder'
taurangajet
taurangajet

Male

Back to top Go down

Just ordered my "Ultimate Rod Holder" Empty Ultimate Rod Holder Purchase

Post  2-EXTREME Fri Oct 17 2008, 05:47

Congratulations Julian and welcome to the sport. Once you have the ultimate rod holder you will not be disappointed. I should have got mine ages ago. Love it !! Excitement is an understatement with this sport. As I have said to many others "JETSKIFISHING Is Addictive And Habit Forming" Laughing
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?

Back to top Go down

Just ordered my "Ultimate Rod Holder" Empty The Chilli bin isnt just for fish

Post  Aka Hooter Sat Oct 18 2008, 08:05

When we first fitted our skis with fibreglass ice boxes ( chilly bins ) it was mainly intended for fishing but we have found that we can quite easily go away for weekend camping trips and utilise the box for all the food and refreshment ( beer ,rum etc ) I know our weather is more conducive for this than New Zealand but I am sure the fish box would make a great day picnic facility. Recently we went to Moreton Island for the weekend its approximately 45 minutes from Brisbane by jet ski. I took all the food and drinks and my buddy took all the camping gear photos below.Just ordered my "Ultimate Rod Holder" Img_1110Just ordered my "Ultimate Rod Holder" Moreto10Just ordered my "Ultimate Rod Holder" Moreto11Just ordered my "Ultimate Rod Holder" Moreto12
Aka Hooter
Aka Hooter

Male
Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

Just ordered my "Ultimate Rod Holder" Empty Re: Just ordered my "Ultimate Rod Holder"

Post  BM Sat Oct 18 2008, 08:12

Now that is sensible thinking, 1 for the beers, 1 for the camping gears.....
Excellent!!!

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulB Sat Oct 18 2008, 08:41

Hey thats the way to do it guys, especially with that good Qld weather, lived over there for 30yrs myself before returning to NZ to live....still miss that weather though.
PaulB
PaulB

Male
Number of posts : 50
PWC : Kawasaki Ultra 250
Job/hobbies : Truck Driver/ Trainer
Humor : very sick sense of humour
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Just ordered my "Ultimate Rod Holder" Empty Chilli bin safety!!

Post  taurangajet Sun Oct 19 2008, 03:59

Splitting the beer between you would have been safer. What would have happened if the one carrying the beer had sunk. You'd have been rescued and made it to the Island only to die of thrist!!!

Great pics, I see you even took the shower!! I'll give the picnic thing a go right after I get the trailer wheel puncture repaired. Went out this morning, caught nothing and got a puncture on the way home...... Evil or Very Mad
taurangajet
taurangajet

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Sun Oct 19 2008, 05:28

taurangajet wrote:Went out this morning, caught nothing and got a puncture on the way home...... Evil or Very Mad
Hi Julian, our day was not much better for Sunday, We went out at first light, 5 skis all off to our first stop to Motuihe, PaulB had turn around with an issue before we had left the 5 knot zone, and I noticed an idle issue with our new ski,I assume its a human error issue not a product problem. Carried on our trip to our first stop and then it wouldn't start in the worst stretch of current to park up. To top it off while not starting, I got a snag and was peeling plenty of line in the strong current. It was one of those days! Eventually broke it loose and the ski started, didn't want to take the risk turning the ski off again until checking issue at land. Cruised back to the ramp, and went and got the old faithful FX HO from home to head back out. Blonde Mandy will post part two of our trip tonight on the "Ultimate Rod Holder" fishing reports. Very Happy
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 735
Best fish landed on your ski : Snapper - 17 Pound, Kingfish - 19 kilo
Job/hobbies : The jetskifishing guy
Humor : Funny Ha!Ha!

http://www.jetskifishing.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Just ordered my "Ultimate Rod Holder" Empty Nightmare

Post  taurangajet Mon Oct 20 2008, 02:27

Obviously not a good day all round although it sounds like Mandy managed a good feed. I have to admit, an engine that won't start out at sea is my worst nightmare especially as we go out on our own! We've got the mobile phone and flares but even so affraid

I hope you get that Yamaha SHO sorted, at least you've got the HO to rely on.

P.S. On a positive note, I met a couple of guys on the ramp preparing to go fishing on a couple of Seadoo's. I said hello and told them to look up the website so hopefully we'll see them here soon.
taurangajet
taurangajet

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Mon Oct 20 2008, 02:34

Hi Julian, issue sorted was human error, a cable tie was touching the throttle cable, hence for safety if throttle on ski won't start. Gave it a run today, it is an awesome ski, went out caught 5 Snapper and 1 Gurnard. No trophy fish, but plenty for a feed making the test run worthwhile. Good to hear you met another couple of jetskifishoes, it will be good to get their feedback.
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  BM Mon Oct 20 2008, 08:31

taurangajet wrote:Obviously not a good day all round although it sounds like Mandy managed a good feed. I have to admit, an engine that won't start out at sea is my worst nightmare especially as we go out on our own! We've got the mobile phone and flares but even so :affraid
P.S. On a positive note, I met a couple of guys on the ramp preparing to go fishing on a couple of Seadoo's. I said hello and told them to look up the website so hopefully we'll see them here soon.

Hey, good to see more newbies joining in....couldn't be better timing with the fish coming in.
Paul sorry didn't even get to say goodbye, next time buddy. The fish didn't start biting till 1pm anyway.
Till next time guys!!!

BM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Just ordered my "Ultimate Rod Holder" Empty Got it......

Post  taurangajet Wed Oct 22 2008, 01:43

Hi,

Got my rod holder today and it's awesome, even our engineers in the office were impressed and that doesn't happen too often!!! Will be fitting it tonight for a test run but won't get to try it out for real until next weekend......can't wait.

Thanks

Julian
taurangajet
taurangajet

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Wed Oct 22 2008, 06:31

To Julian, glad to hear you are happy with the rod holder, I am pleased to hear Fastways were so efficient with delivery. Hope the fit is perfect for you, let me know how your trial run goes. Very Happy
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Just ordered my "Ultimate Rod Holder" Empty taurangajet Got It !!

Post  2-EXTREME Wed Oct 22 2008, 07:55

I can assure you from experience TJ that you will be glad you did. It was the best thing I ever did and gives you alot more assurance that your gear will be there when you turn around or look in the mirror. Andrew has done a fantastic job (after alot of blood, sweat and expensive trial and error ) to get these to perfection.
Worth every dollar and more I say !!
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?

Back to top Go down

Just ordered my "Ultimate Rod Holder" Empty Wow

Post  nowornever Thu Oct 23 2008, 23:35

Blonde Mandy wrote:Now that is sensible thinking, 1 for the beers, 1 for the camping gears.....
Excellent!!!
I would be keen to tag along on a trip like that when I get my Ski which wont be for a few months yet, I plan on exploring big time and Tangaloomba was one of the places I thought off. I recon a good adventure would be up 1770 up though Pancake Creek you can go up through the back way, really good fishing.
nowornever
nowornever

Male
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Thu Dec 04 2008, 08:37

Hi Car_nut, your "Ultimate Rod Holder" left today, Matt should receive it in the morning. Let me know how you get on with your first trip.
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  car_nut Thu Dec 04 2008, 08:43

Thanks Andrew,

Wont be out on it until next weekend but will post a report. I heard of a shark attacking a boat down Tauranga way today, that gets me a little worried but im sure everything will be fine.
car_nut
car_nut

Male
Number of posts : 12
Job/hobbies : Account Manager. Racing Quad bikes and Golf
Registration date : 2008-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Thu Dec 04 2008, 19:05

speaking of which i found a nice cut down alloy baseball bat - AKA shark club at counties marine yesterday, good for giving curious sharks a twack

a bargain at 18 bucks
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Number of posts : 517
PWC : Yammie FX140 fishing machine.
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb Snap
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Thu Dec 04 2008, 19:51

Good idea, that might be a post we need to start, What accessories do you need jetskifishing to deter unwelcome predators!
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Thu Dec 04 2008, 20:14

softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Number of posts : 517
PWC : Yammie FX140 fishing machine.
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb Snap
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down