RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loan for Jetski got approved today.

+3
swasy
Jetskifishing
nowornever
7 posters

Go down

Loan for Jetski got approved today. Empty Loan for Jetski got approved today.

Post  nowornever Mon Jan 05 2009, 09:34

I got 13,500 and I have 2 grand in the bank so all up about 16 I can either get a brand new vx Yamaha or a second hand HO fx imported trom the states with 19 hours on it.

The fx HO seesm so tempting but im scared to buy anything second hand.............

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr what to do??? I will be out there soon ha ha Very Happy
nowornever
nowornever

Male
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Loan for Jetski got approved today. Empty Re: Loan for Jetski got approved today.

Post  Jetskifishing Mon Jan 05 2009, 11:20

I myself would go the FX HO160 after having one, the VX110 is nothing in comparision for horsepower which you require, see if you can get a 3 month warranty on the second hand one for piece of mind or barter to justify your buy!
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 735
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : Snapper - 17 Pound, Kingfish - 19 kilo
Job/hobbies : The jetskifishing guy
Humor : Funny Ha!Ha!
Registration date : 2008-10-14

http://www.jetskifishing.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Loan for Jetski got approved today. Empty spend the money wisely

Post  swasy Mon Jan 05 2009, 11:30

Hi. You mentioned a second hand rig from the states If it is from a dealer/importer he can validate the hours from the motor. I would make sure you do this with anything you buy some people have been caught out buy high hour skis that have just had new head units (dashboard instrument panel) put on and then seem to have low hours. Also in NZ the imported stuff usually comes with a three month warranty should be the same for Australia??.

TA NZ importer of these USA skis (can be found on trademe web site) seems to have a good reputation he may be able to supply one to Australia?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Boats-marine/Jetskis/Yamaha/auction-195785787.htm

above is just one example...

All the best

Keith
swasy
swasy

Male
Number of posts : 139
PWC : 2007 YAMAHA FX160HO
Best fish landed on your ski : 10 KG Kingi on light gear (4kg)
Job/hobbies : Buisness Manager & Contract Sales Resource
Humor : I have 4 kids...you have to have a sense of humor
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

Loan for Jetski got approved today. Empty Re: Loan for Jetski got approved today.

Post  softbaiter Mon Jan 05 2009, 18:46

yeah I have heard of the high hour skis having the dash replaced.

go the fx160!
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Number of posts : 517
PWC : Yammie FX140 fishing machine.
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb Snap
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Mon Jan 05 2009, 20:01

Good advice from all above. Definately go the bigger engined ski than the VX110 as you will want to upgrade that pretty quickly. Try and source a local and dont be too put off by hours providing you can see the ski is genuine. Also regardless of the dash any reputable mechanic can check the actuall hours on the skis computer. I suppose this could also be replaced.... Just use your best judgement. My last Seadoo had done over 200 hrs and was in better condition than most skis done 60hrs. All comes down to how well it is maintained and looked after.

You should very easily be able to tell with a Yamaha if hours don't match the overall condition of the ski. There are heaps of rentals in the states and the get pretty scratched up. With the Yamahas due to them not being fibreglass they are very hard to bring back to life unlike other manufacturers who make fibreglass skis.

Great to hear your continured progression.

All the best.
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Loan for Jetski got approved today. Empty Hi nowornever you might be interested in mine ?

Post  Aka Hooter Tue Jan 06 2009, 04:04

Hi nowornever I am buying a new fxsho in July I wasn't going to get rid of mine till then but I could be tempted to part with it earlier , I have a FXho that's been fully serviced by northcoast jetski and is set up ready to go fishing. I will sell it complete with the fish box and Colour GPS sounder I have spent over $2000 on accessories and would sell it for $15k its done 85 hours.

I will throw in the knee board, water skis tow rope all safety gear and cover , The trailer has larger alloy wheels and is suitable for beach work.

my phone number is 0418 708658 and the ski is located in mooloolaba if you are interested. ( photo below car not included )

Cheers Ian
Loan for Jetski got approved today. Fraser10
Aka Hooter
Aka Hooter

Male
Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

Loan for Jetski got approved today. Empty hey more options are good

Post  nowornever Tue Jan 06 2009, 04:06

I just talked to a hire operator he has 7 vx for sale, upgrades every year he said come take my pick of any with no trailer for 5 grand each. All skis have about 600 hours however have been serviced every month.

I know the vx isnt a powerhorse like you guys have got but it still sites on 100 klm an hour what else more would one want??? I am into fishing and adventure not jumping off waves!
nowornever
nowornever

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  nowornever Tue Jan 06 2009, 04:09

Aka Hooter wrote:Hi nowornever I am buying a new fxsho in July I wasn't going to get rid of mine till then but I could be tempted to part with it earlier , I have a FXho that's been fully serviced by northcoast jetski and is set up ready to go fishing. I will sell it complete with the fish box and Colour GPS sounder I have spent over $2000 on accessories and would sell it for $15k its done 85 hours.

I will throw in the knee board, water skis tow rope all safety gear and cover , The trailer has larger alloy wheels and is suitable for beach work.

my phone number is 0418 708658 and the ski is located in mooloolaba if you are interested. ( photo below car not included )

Cheers Ian
Loan for Jetski got approved today. Fraser10
How old is the ski???
nowornever
nowornever

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Aka Hooter Tue Jan 06 2009, 04:17

Hi nowornever mine is a 4 year old model I bought it of a guy who only did 15 hours on it in the first two years and I have done 75 hours on it almost all of it fishing. as you can see the hire has 600 hours I would be more concerned with the engine hours than the age of ski. you would be amazed at how little use some of them get people buy them as a toy hoon around for 10 or 20 hours then get bored with them and lock em up in the garage. Basically they have the same engine and hull shape for the last 5 years the new fxsho I am looking at is $25k and then I have to spend another $2k / $3k kitting it out.

Cheers Ian
Aka Hooter
Aka Hooter

Male

Back to top Go down

Loan for Jetski got approved today. Empty hey there

Post  nowornever Tue Jan 06 2009, 04:25

Thanks for the offer, I am interested in second hand skis but to scared to spend money on something second hand............. Had a bad experience dont want to repeat it.

I hope going yamaha will at least be reliable............... I ummmed on Sea Doo but not conovinced they are reliable
nowornever
nowornever

Male

Back to top Go down

Loan for Jetski got approved today. Empty imported skis

Post  nowornever Tue Jan 06 2009, 04:27

2-EXTREME wrote:Good advice from all above. Definately go the bigger engined ski than the VX110 as you will want to upgrade that pretty quickly. Try and source a local and dont be too put off by hours providing you can see the ski is genuine. Also regardless of the dash any reputable mechanic can check the actuall hours on the skis computer. I suppose this could also be replaced.... Just use your best judgement. My last Seadoo had done over 200 hrs and was in better condition than most skis done 60hrs. All comes down to how well it is maintained and looked after.

You should very easily be able to tell with a Yamaha if hours don't match the overall condition of the ski. There are heaps of rentals in the states and the get pretty scratched up. With the Yamahas due to them not being fibreglass they are very hard to bring back to life unlike other manufacturers who make fibreglass skis.

Great to hear your continured progression.

All the best.
The skis range from 5 fot 100 hours, fx HO 97 18 hours 16 grand with not one scratch on it, 3 months guarantee.
nowornever
nowornever

Male

Back to top Go down

Loan for Jetski got approved today. Empty You cant go wrong with a new one

Post  Aka Hooter Tue Jan 06 2009, 04:36

Well if you can afford it buy a new Yamaha as you say for fishing the hull size is the most important thing. I personally would get the 140 hp model if you cant afford the 160hp the 110hp I think you would be disappointed with.

I certainly wouldn't buy an imported one I just offered mine as I am going to trade it in 6 months and I know its service history . I wouldn't by the ex hire one I would go for a low hour privately owned one. Sounds to me like you should bite the bullet and buy a new one

Good luck with the shopping.
Aka Hooter
Aka Hooter

Male

Back to top Go down

Loan for Jetski got approved today. Empty hey question for you

Post  nowornever Tue Jan 06 2009, 04:39

Aka Hooter wrote:Well if you can afford it buy a new Yamaha as you say for fishing the hull size is the most important thing. I personally would get the 140 hp model if you cant afford the 160hp the 110hp I think you would be disappointed with.

I certainly wouldn't buy an imported one I just offered mine as I am going to trade it in 6 months and I know its service history . I wouldn't by the ex hire one I would go for a low hour privately owned one. Sounds to me like you should bite the bullet and buy a new one

Good luck with the shopping.
Can you still buy the 140 ??? I dont think you can/
nowornever
nowornever

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Aka Hooter Tue Jan 06 2009, 05:38

I haven't looked for a while as I have only been interested in the fxsho looks like they are not keen to rate the new ones on horsepower anymore ? I checked a comparison to the old 140hp models and it looks like they had a higher rev range.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/waverunner/products/modelspeccompare/553/1226/1/compare.aspx
Aka Hooter
Aka Hooter

Male

Back to top Go down

Loan for Jetski got approved today. Empty Imported US FX HO

Post  taurangajet Thu Jan 08 2009, 02:41

Hi,

I purchased a new imported FX HO Cruiser from Trademe. The guys are based in Tauranga and they offered a one year warranty. No issues with the ski, so I can't comment on the warranty. Watch out for the US trailer they supply though, I think there are better trailers out there but, the trailers extra so you can always go buy up your own.

Hooters ski is well kitted out and if offered with all the accessories, at $15k that a lot of extra kit which would set you back $2,000 if you were to buy the rod holder and fit the fish finder here in NZ.

If you not coming back for a while, I'd wait and pick up a ski in the winter when someone gets short of cash and decides to sell. You might get a nearly new mint machine for a bargin basement price. I think the dealers will also be feeling the pinch by then so you might get a good deal on a new one. Time is on your side.
taurangajet
taurangajet

Male
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  nowornever Thu Jan 08 2009, 04:40

I can get a new Sea Doo GTI 130 HP for 13.500 on top of the range trailer, or the FX HO second hand with upto 50 hrs on it with 5 year extended warrenty for 16 grand.

Or I have found this other company in California, they send them over brand new still waiting on prices.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm decisions decisions ha ha. I think fitting it out is the fun part, and how Cheap??? I am used to offshore fishing with a boat that costs thousand and thousands of dollars to upkeep. Really the fitting out of a jetski is quite pleasurable.
nowornever
nowornever

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down