RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPS sender placement

5 posters

Go down

GPS sender placement Empty GPS sender placement

Post  nowornever Thu Jan 08 2009, 11:37

I will be getting a GPS sounder in one I hope to use through hull transducer as I dont want any holes in the ski, but I am wondering where do you guys place the GPS sender????
nowornever
nowornever

Male
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

GPS sender placement Empty Re: GPS sender placement

Post  pete jenkins Thu Jan 08 2009, 17:49

hi, have just finished installing my eagle GPS/sounder,it has a built in gps anetana,the GPS/sounder works real well,the unit is removable from it mount in seconds(2 wiring plugs that just pull out,was easy to install (2 hours),easy to use ,compact,water proof,and the cost was round 450 NZ dollars,i put the transducer in the hull,the unit runs off its own small battery,so may be if you havent already brought a sounder/GPS you could look at this unit or similar brands that have built in gps anetanas ,i personally try not to have stuff on my ski that worth alot of money,cause if i get dumped or rolled ,bowled in the surf while launching or retieving (murphys law)i dont stand to lose or break to much,the thing i have learnt about fishing 'keep it simple', many fishos get to technical with all the latest gadgets etc that come out on the market,if you need any more info just post a replycheers PJ

pete jenkins

Male
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

GPS sender placement Empty In hull transducer in FXHO

Post  taurangajet Thu Jan 08 2009, 21:17

Hi,

Most of the guys have externally mounted transducers on the FXHO but, I got mine fitted inside the hull and it works fine. I've posted a picture under What equipment do you need / What fish finder. There's loads of info from everyone on the topic as I was asking the same question a few months ago.

Julian
taurangajet
taurangajet

Male
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Thu Jan 08 2009, 21:38

were you talking of the Transducer for the sounder or GPS receiver ?

sounds like GPS receiver ?
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Number of posts : 517
PWC : Yammie FX140 fishing machine.
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb Snap
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Aka Hooter Thu Jan 08 2009, 22:07

I have got a Humminbird 383 colour sounder with GPS the antenna for the GPS is built into the unit so need for a separate antenna the head unit is removable with one click so that is a safety aspect when leaving the ski unattended, Cheers HootGPS sender placement Sounde12
Aka Hooter
Aka Hooter

Male
Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

GPS sender placement Empty transducer not antenna

Post  taurangajet Thu Jan 08 2009, 22:28

Hi,

Transducer is mounted inside the hull. Like Hooters, mines a 383 Humminbird (not colour) with GPS antenna built into the unit. As per Hooters comment, I love it because it's detachable. REmove when you come out of the water and put it in the boot of the car. Can't get stolen and it isn't in the way when you're out waterskiing etc.

When mounting the transducer inside the FX hull you have to ensure it's where the internal and external hull are flush with each other. Any good installer should be able to do this for you.
taurangajet
taurangajet

Male
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  nowornever Thu Jan 08 2009, 23:19

taurangajet wrote:Hi,

Most of the guys have externally mounted transducers on the FXHO but, I got mine fitted inside the hull and it works fine. I've posted a picture under What equipment do you need / What fish finder. There's loads of info from everyone on the topic as I was asking the same question a few months ago.

Julian
Cool I wasnt sure if it work, what did you use to secure it resin??? I was thinking silicone may work.
nowornever
nowornever

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  nowornever Thu Jan 08 2009, 23:21

taurangajet wrote:Hi,

Transducer is mounted inside the hull. Like Hooters, mines a 383 Humminbird (not colour) with GPS antenna built into the unit. As per Hooters comment, I love it because it's detachable. REmove when you come out of the water and put it in the boot of the car. Can't get stolen and it isn't in the way when you're out waterskiing etc.

When mounting the transducer inside the FX hull you have to ensure it's where the internal and external hull are flush with each other. Any good installer should be able to do this for you.
Is this unit a full SAT NAV with maps etc??? Or does it just have way points???? Does it work when your on the plane or only when ideling????
nowornever
nowornever

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  nowornever Thu Jan 08 2009, 23:24

I think I have decided for my first ski I will get the Sea Doo, GTI I know the FX is a more suitable machine but I just cant bring myself to buy something second hand........Last year I lost out big time on a boat motor and cant repeat the experience again.
nowornever
nowornever

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down