RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....?

+7
Peter-j
Shdbefishn?
Jetskifishing
JAZA
Kermit
Fishoe
2-EXTREME
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....? Empty We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....?

Post  2-EXTREME Fri Jan 16 2009, 06:50

Bugger it! Have checked the tide calendar and have decided that Saturday 24th January first thing in the morning is ON for chasing the Green Machines. Snapper fishing will come later as the main goal is to solely focus all effort on kings and not get distracted by chasing snapper.

Moon phase is all good.

High tide is at 0707 and is a 2.8M tide. So slack water from 6:20 thru 7:30 after first light means breakfast time for kingies and one of my baits/lures will be presented to do the damage!!

I will be equipped with Poppers/Jigs/Piper/Live Baits and even the token Softbaits to make sure all bases are covered.

I plan to hit the folowing areas:
- 4m pin half way between Thomsons Point (Waiheke Is) and D'Urville
- D'Urville itself.
- the Ahaas

All within about 10mins of each other on the ski and one has to produce the goods.

If this trip fails I will organise a Bottom End of Waiheke trip to hit Ponui, Shag and Gannet.

Anyone keen......................

I feel a new Tui Billboard coming on......

I am not interested in getting smashed and dealt to by big kings off my jetski.

lol!

Last edited by 2-EXTREME on Sun Jan 18 2009, 08:00; edited 2 times in total
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....? Empty Re: We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....?

Post  Fishoe Fri Jan 16 2009, 07:27

count me in what poppers you use /jigs??
Fishoe
Fishoe

Male
Number of posts : 539
Best fish landed on your ski : monster
Job/hobbies : Refrigeration engineer/catching big fish
Humor : Fillet And Release
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....? Empty Re: We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....?

Post  2-EXTREME Fri Jan 16 2009, 08:18

I will cast around a white popper that I have got. I will be taking the two trebles off and replacing with two singles at it not only causes less damage to the fish, but I am not too keen only handling a thrashing king on my ski with a treble flapping around waiting to imbed itself in my hand or arm!! I used to use it years ago and always got smashed. For some reason I haven't been chasing kings for a long time just mainly getting a feed of snapper, but now I need to have a kingi fix as yet to get one on the ski, mainly due to a lack of trying.

I also have a reliable Zest Jig Yellow/Green/Blue that I am keen to try as my last one got dealt to in Whitianga off the boat.

I will use my heavier softbait set (has 14lb barid) for casting the popper and using the jig (if required) so I can still just take two rods and have a snapper fish after the kingi action. I will also have a 20kg Penn Senator live bait setup if I send any livies under a balloon or troll etc......
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Kermit Sun Jan 18 2009, 01:01

Im in, just post a time and place and im there... just been and bought some spinning jigs (im told they will do the damage)...
Kermit
Kermit

Male
Number of posts : 23
Job/hobbies : Manager - Fly Fishing, Sea Fishing, any Fishing!
Humor : Love a good laugh
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post  JAZA Sun Jan 18 2009, 05:25

im in for that got my heavy gear ready Twisted Evil
JAZA
JAZA

Male
Number of posts : 177
PWC : 2008 Sea-Doo GTX
Best fish landed on your ski : 10LB SNAPPER FLAT ROCK 9-02-10 JIGGING
Job/hobbies : TRADESMAN/JETSKIFISHING/SNOWBOARDING
Humor : YOUR NOT KEEPING THAT ARE U??
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Sun Jan 18 2009, 06:01

It would be rude if I didn't join you guys, any excuse to get on the water afro
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 735
Best fish landed on your ski : Snapper - 17 Pound, Kingfish - 19 kilo
Job/hobbies : The jetskifishing guy
Humor : Funny Ha!Ha!

http://www.jetskifishing.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  Shdbefishn? Sun Jan 18 2009, 08:25

I could be keen too, will let you know later in the week. Bit ambitious for a newby though lol, be my 3rd trip out & chasing kingies lol....
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Sun Jan 18 2009, 08:29

You will love it, we might have to make a social day of it if the weather is nice!
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....? Empty kingi Hunt

Post  Peter-j Mon Jan 19 2009, 01:56

Hey, where do you launch from? i usually go from Takapuna.
Peter-j
Peter-j
Peter-j

Male
Number of posts : 34
PWC : Yamaha 2006 XLT 1200
Best fish landed on your ski : 14.8lb (75cm) Snapper 17/1/2010
Job/hobbies : Soft Bait Fishing on my Yamaha XLT1200
Humor : Catching better fish than the boat next to you.
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Mon Jan 19 2009, 01:58

Hi Peter, most of us launch from Bucklands Beach and Half Moon Bay Marina, yet there is a few launching from Takapuna to meet up with us. We normally operate on hand held VHF's Channel 6 if you have one?
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Kermit Mon Jan 19 2009, 02:01

Hi Peter, i usually launch at Takapuna, i dont have a VHF yet though.... im sure as the big day gets closer we can set a meeting point somewhere out on the water, maybe that rock in the Rakino channel or the likes....
Kermit
Kermit

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Mon Jan 19 2009, 07:30

Check out the wind forecast for Saturday morning !!!!

[img]We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....? Sat_2410[/img]
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Shdbefishn? Mon Jan 19 2009, 08:16

Orrrrrsum, any suggestions on gear to target them? I got a good sized rod & rapala, still want to bring a softbait set to target some other species, hopefully i will need my gaf & net, should i but if I bring all that there is no way i can get my little rod i use to catch livies. As far as the VHF goes, cardholders price at burnsco for a cobra 125 is $129 and im stoked with mine, nice little unit, has the same waterproof rating as the $200 uniden of 4. Windsurfers will be pissed at that wind map extreme!
I launch Bucks beach too.
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Mon Jan 19 2009, 08:27

Sure is looking good and YOU ARE DEFINATELY ADDICTED !!!! LOL it cracks me up when I am always telling people they will get addicted to this sport, and once they try it there is NO STOPPING them !!

I will use the arsenal detailed above and I use one of my softbait setups for JIG and POPPER use just so I can limit all the gear. I will also have a heavier set for and livebaiting etc. Just so they get a sporting chance of smokin me on the soft bait set.......I am getting too excited so must stop typing and thinking about it or else I will curse it for everyone!!

I will also be on the hunt for snapper after the king action so just plan to take my gaf and let that do all the work.

That Cobra is a good unit and the more we have with VHFs the better, not only from a safety point but it means we can spread out and communicate if we are into the action............ should we just go now...??? LOL I can tell I will need some sleeping aids on Friday night or else I will be at the ramp at 3:00am ha ha ..
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishoe Tue Jan 20 2009, 06:01

im setting up a tent at hmb friday night Laughing
Fishoe
Fishoe

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Shdbefishn? Tue Jan 20 2009, 06:33

Ok, im all set, gear is ready, only need to gas up and wake up sat morn & im there. Just to sort out the details, we are meeting at Bucks beach at 5.45ish? meeting the others who launch elsewhere on the water? Have re read the posts and cant see the finer details lol.
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishoe Tue Jan 20 2009, 06:42

im leaving hmb 5.30am will head out to gannet first see you there afro
Fishoe
Fishoe

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishoe Tue Jan 20 2009, 06:45

saturday can't get any better than this

http://www.windguru.com/int/index.php?sc=25747
Fishoe
Fishoe

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Kermit Tue Jan 20 2009, 07:03

Four more sleeps!!!

Ok then, people are hitting the water at 5.30am (whew, will have to be adry Friday night)... so for those that leave Takapuna, where do we go to meet up? Does anyone leaving from Taka's have a VHF? if not who will have a cell phone with them? all else failing do we meet at a certain point at a certain time out on the water?

Im buzzing, re-done the rod setup three times already.... think im going to get it respooled with 24lb Thurday night as well....

Tui Billboard: I just hate being towed around the harbour by a 35kg Kingi! affraid
Kermit
Kermit

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Tue Jan 20 2009, 07:32

Look what I have started !!!! A sleepless night or two for many!!!

I think the best plan becuase it sounds like there will be around 10 skis on the water we all do our own thing and head to a particular area to meet say D'Urville or surrounding area and then communicate if any action is happening from there. Between all of us we can really spread out and cover all bases as well as fishing together.

If we bump into each other at the ramp then its all good and we can ride together otherwise we could waste time waiting for one of us who's alarm failed to go off after just getting to sleep at 4:00am lol!

I am pretty keen to go straight to D'Urville then willl head around Ahaas / Maria etc, some on here are keen to hoof it around to Gannet which is cool. As long as we can communicate where we are into the action it will be all good.

Those launching from Takapuna should head around the southern side of Rangi and out past Motiuhe if coming over to D'Urville as it is a fair ride.

I am happy for anyone to tag with me at any stage.
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Shdbefishn? Tue Jan 20 2009, 07:42

Ok, thought we were heading more to durville & the ah haas, gannet is not so close and havent headed that far before so not sure how fuel will last if we also hit the noises, ah haa's etc, probably be fine though. I'll be hitting the water round 5.30 then too, I launch down the beach at bucklands beach, not the hmb marina. my cell is 027 4765801 and i'll be on vhf channel 6.

See everyone on the water, be good to put names to faces.

Cheers Chris
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Kermit Tue Jan 20 2009, 07:52

looks like best to goto HMB by 5.20am then... all good, would drive to Pihia for this!
Kermit
Kermit

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Tue Jan 20 2009, 07:54

Newbie, I will stop at the Bucklands Beach ramp on my way past and if you are there I will wait for you.

Last edited by 2-EXTREME on Tue Jan 20 2009, 07:59; edited 1 time in total
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Shdbefishn? Tue Jan 20 2009, 07:57

Cheers mate, looks like I was posting the same time as you. see ya all sat!
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Tue Jan 20 2009, 07:58

Kermit, Takapuna is fine if that is the area you live in. If you can get to the Motuihe Channel by the Red Channel Marker by say 6:00am at the latest I will meet you there on my way through.
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next