RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....?

+7
Peter-j
Shdbefishn?
Jetskifishing
JAZA
Kermit
Fishoe
2-EXTREME
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....? - Page 2 Empty Re: We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....?

Post  2-EXTREME Tue Jan 20 2009, 08:03

SteveO will also be joining us on his Yamaha GP1200R after he has replaced all his gear that was "Stolen" from his ski ............LOL hopefully this time he shuts his lid on the chillibin and clips his rod in when in any rough water lol!
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....? - Page 2 Empty Re: We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....?

Post  2-EXTREME Tue Jan 20 2009, 08:07

Remember lads.....put your BUNGS in the night before !! Have known many excited boaties who half asleep early in the morning have forgotten to take care of this very important aspect of boating.
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Shdbefishn? Tue Jan 20 2009, 08:20

Good tip, I always do, safety first, make a habit of checking them regularly.. forgot once in my boat, remembered just as I was launching and reached down in the water and fitted it, boat couldnt have been in the water more than 20 seconds and it had dug into the sand which would have slowed the water coming in. Because it had not been in the water long i still carried on out for the day and noticed no problems but it was amazing when I pulled it out of the water just how much it had taken on..lesson well learnt.
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Tue Jan 20 2009, 08:20

Who's bringing the bbq! I think Softbaiter would be the perfect candidate with his innovative ideas, I think there might be a trailer coming for his FX? Idea
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 735
Best fish landed on your ski : Snapper - 17 Pound, Kingfish - 19 kilo
Job/hobbies : The jetskifishing guy
Humor : Funny Ha!Ha!

http://www.jetskifishing.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Tue Jan 20 2009, 08:26

Well crew the excitement is building, I have high expectations of at least one of us getting a trophy fish!
We should have a list which I can edit here as the post is getting long, so we have an idea of who exactly is heading out.

Jetskifishing - Yamaha SHO - Blue
2Extreme - Seadoo Wake - White & Red
Fishoe - Seadoo GTX - White & Blue
Jaza - Seadoo GTX - White & Blue
Swasy - Yamaha FX HO - Black & Gold
Kermit - Seadoo GTi - White & Green
Newbie Skifisher - Yamaha VX110
Stevo - Yamaha GP1300 - Black & Gold
Peter-J - ?
Softbaiter - Yamaha FX140 - White
Ducky - Seadoo GTX - White and Red
Ian - Seadoo WAKE - Red
Paulb - Kawasaki - Red
Doggie - ?

Out of control, we should have made this a tournament! Possibly 14 skis, if no one sleeps in!

Last edited by Jetskifishing on Fri Jan 23 2009, 06:29; edited 7 times in total
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Tue Jan 20 2009, 21:25

Jetskifishing wrote:Who's bringing the bbq! I think Softbaiter would be the perfect candidate with his innovative ideas, I think there might be a trailer coming for his FX? Idea

Yes there is a trailer in the pipeline.... but it wont be ready for a while, im looking at using the hull of an old standup for a trailer for camping etc.

I have a little portable gas stove though, runs on Cans?
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Number of posts : 517
PWC : Yammie FX140 fishing machine.
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb Snap
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Kermit Tue Jan 20 2009, 22:58

Softbait, have a look at this.... some serious thought gone into this baby...

We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....? - Page 2 Hatch_11
Kermit
Kermit

Male
Number of posts : 23
Job/hobbies : Manager - Fly Fishing, Sea Fishing, any Fishing!
Humor : Love a good laugh
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Shdbefishn? Tue Jan 20 2009, 23:29

Be a bit awkward getting your extra tackle out of there on the water
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Wed Jan 21 2009, 05:10

Ah not for tackle, for essential camping supplies, like beer and a tent, spare fuel etc etc
Ive spotted one called a Hydro-tow, but its not quite what I was after. that one looks a little better, got link to where I buy this one ?
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines

Back to top Go down

We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....? - Page 2 Empty 2 MORE SLEEPS

Post  Fishoe Wed Jan 21 2009, 17:50

yeah it's getting close now bounce bounce
Fishoe
Fishoe

Male
Number of posts : 539
Best fish landed on your ski : monster
Job/hobbies : Refrigeration engineer/catching big fish
Humor : Fillet And Release
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....? - Page 2 Empty Kingfish hunt (round two)

Post  swasy Thu Jan 22 2009, 01:21

Hi Guys

I'm on the north shore and will be launching from the shore somewhere I use Narrow neck beach sometimes as it has good parking and no concrete to bash your hull on.

However if we have a few of us launching on Takapuna ramp early should not be a problem.

Anyone keen on going from the shore give me a call on 021 840 530 (keith) I have handhled radio also so can keep in touch with the group on channel 6.

Cheers
swasy
swasy

Male
Number of posts : 139
PWC : 2007 YAMAHA FX160HO
Best fish landed on your ski : 10 KG Kingi on light gear (4kg)
Job/hobbies : Buisness Manager & Contract Sales Resource
Humor : I have 4 kids...you have to have a sense of humor
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....? - Page 2 Empty anchorite rock who's keen told that's where the kings are

Post  Fishoe Thu Jan 22 2009, 05:40

We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....? - Page 2 Snapsh10
Fishoe
Fishoe

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Thu Jan 22 2009, 06:46

plans have changed a wee bit, my mate is taking his 40 footer out this weekend and I may either go with him on the boat or take my ski and tow it and come meet up with you guise!

Either way i wikk catch you's on channel 6

Gah fishoe.. you have a Mac?
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Thu Jan 22 2009, 08:25

Fishoe I am always keen for a mission and Anchorite is certainly that!!! Definite kingie territory and there would be many a work up along the way......but (not wanting to put a damper on it) Anchorite is along trip of approx 33NM from Musik Point which equates to around 39 - 40 Miles. The Ahaas are not even half way there..... and a trip down to Gannet would be about the half way point from a distance perspective. In perfect conditions you could cruise at 40mph and obviously get there in around and hour if conditions got foul for whatever unpredictable reason the trip back could be huge, therefore I would recommend anyone making that trip to take a minimum of 10 extra litres of fuel which I am guesing would be plenty to fish around the area etc... alternate would be to back off your speed and cruise at 30mph but take considerably longer and even then extra fuel would not be a silly idea.

Since there are a few realitively new to jetskifishing coming out on Saturday I will stick to my plan of hitting D'Urville the Ahaas and surrounds and may head out a little wider if there are any potential workups. But for those of you who want to get right out there..best of luck and I look forward to the screams of excitement coming over the VHF.

Maybe I need to organise a big overnight trip somewhere over the next couple of months......Great Barrier anyone....? We can refuel there also. Idea Idea Idea

Anyway only 2 more sleeps to go as Fishoes says or should I say 1.5 lol! Watch the parking wardens at HalfMoon Bay if you pitch your tent on the grass verge Fishoe lol!
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Ducky Thu Jan 22 2009, 12:04

Holy cow... what have I been missing out on??? I am so in its not funny!! I'll be at the Takapuna boat ramp by 5.30am to meet up with you guys... (Swasy etc)... let me know if you are meeting earlier than that and I'll adjust the time on the Alarm clock!

Need to bring anything else let me know gang... just got me a VHF radio so channel 6 is a go...
Ducky
Ducky

Male
Number of posts : 138
PWC : Seadoo GTX
Job/hobbies : Jetski, kayaking, fishing, computers, mountain biking...
Humor : Very much!
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishoe Thu Jan 22 2009, 17:24

Maybe I need to organise a big overnight trip somewhere over the next couple of months......Great Barrier anyone....? We can refuel there also.

im in for that need a big trip to catch a big fish ive got a place to stay their at blind bay Cool
Fishoe
Fishoe

Male

Back to top Go down

We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....? - Page 2 Empty Key By- Laws

Post  Jetskifishing Thu Jan 22 2009, 22:07

Hi Crew, Yes it is looking a great day for our early start. With so many of us and trying to show we are responsible boaties, I have added a few tips for the few with higher testosterone lol!
We will be easily spotted so if we can keep in mind the following

Maximum of 5 Knots when
Within 50 metres of another vessel, or person on the water
Within 200 metres of shoreline
Within 200 metres of Vessel/ Craft flying a white and blue Diving Signal Flag

Of course all must carry a Lifejacket/ Personal Flotation Devices, yet I always have see everyone wearing them always when Jetskifishing cheers

Most of you have handheld VHF's and we will be on Channel 6. I will have my phone aswell , contact 021 864 560
I am hoping to be out there for a while and stop at an Island for lunch and a few coldies for who is keen.

we will post a map on here before the end of the day and will meet at our first stop, which at this stage looks like Durville

P.S. I will have a video camera and camera to get some shots of some fishing, anyone else with a camera, please bring a long as I can only be so many places at once and there will be some great photo opportunities.
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....? - Page 2 Empty the map to durville

Post  Fishoe Fri Jan 23 2009, 01:37

We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....? - Page 2 Snapsh11
Fishoe
Fishoe

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulB Fri Jan 23 2009, 04:46

Hey guys, looking good for the morning, Myself and Doggie ( keith) will be launching from Bucklands Beach around 5.15 am and will also be on channel 6, looking forward to my first attempt at a kingi. See you all out there.
PaulB
PaulB

Male
Number of posts : 50
PWC : Kawasaki Ultra 250
Job/hobbies : Truck Driver/ Trainer
Humor : very sick sense of humour
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....? - Page 2 Empty THE RIG

Post  Fishoe Fri Jan 23 2009, 05:04

We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....? - Page 2 Dsc01514
We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....? - Page 2 Dsc01515
Fishoe
Fishoe

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Fri Jan 23 2009, 05:12

thats a sweet as looking ride Clint.

Im almost wishing i was taking the ski.. if you guys need to come over and use the facilities - ie toilet, just gimme a bell and i will give you gps co-ordinates where we are, theres only 5 of us on a boat that sleeps ten so plenty of space to come aboard.

021449149 is my number
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Fri Jan 23 2009, 05:56

Looking damn sharp Fishoe !! Is that a sneaky VIP I see sitting in one of those rod holders.....nice rod!!

I am having visions of your ski looking like this kayak one day soon Fishoe lol!

[img]We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....? - Page 2 Kayaku10[/img]

[img]We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....? - Page 2 Kayaku11[/img]
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Fri Jan 23 2009, 06:21

Hey Fishoe, your neighbour just sent me this shot of your setup evolving.................

[img]We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....? - Page 2 Fishoe10[/img]

lol!
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Fri Jan 23 2009, 06:21

Hey Fishoe, how many rods do you need? You can only fish with two at once! I am a little worried about the total combined structural weight!
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Fri Jan 23 2009, 06:23

2-EXTREME wrote:Hey Fishoe, your neighbour just sent me this shot of your setup evolving.................

[img]We're Going on a KINGI Hunt !! 24/01 Who's Keen.....? - Page 2 Fishoe10[/img]

lol!
Thats awesome Mark, don't give him any more ideas!
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next