RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jetski insurance

+5
2-EXTREME
Brian
Wetscreems
Scowner
eddie
9 posters

Go down

jetski insurance Empty jetski insurance

Post  eddie Wed Jul 22 2009, 09:48

like to hear other views.

looking at some insurance for the jetski. so far one came back with $35 - 39 per month (which is good i felt) and $1500 excess for Damage and $2500 for theft. "do they want my left nut as well"??##%? Crying or Very sad
The ski has a trailor lock and is locked in a garage and is behind a lock gate!! Far out, i've made it as safe as can be!! O yeah, theres a gaurd dog as well!! Twisted Evil

gave them a value of $15K (2006 Sea doo GTX Wake).

would be interested on everyone's thought on this.
eddie
eddie
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 149
PWC : Seadoo GTX Wake edition 2006
Best fish landed on your ski : 690mm,12.2LB at the Haystack 5/12/09
Job/hobbies : job=sales/marketing.hobbies=rallying and fishing....now jetski fishing!!!
Humor : All Types!!
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

jetski insurance Empty Re: jetski insurance

Post  Scowner Wed Jul 22 2009, 10:03

insured mine with AMI as a boat policy for $110 per quarter for value of $14k. $1000 excess for theft or damage. Garaged and wheel clamped. Note: I have my cars and house with them as well so maybe they should be giving me more of a discount!
Scowner
Scowner

Male
Number of posts : 131
PWC : Seadoo GTX Wake 155hp 1500cc 2006
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb 1oz - Sat 28nov09
Job/hobbies : IT
Humor : Red Dwarf
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Wetscreems Wed Jul 22 2009, 16:12

I have mine with Baileys insurance they are good have the boat with them also only thing that bugged me is the boat is nearly worth nearly 7 times what the ski is and the boat was cheaper to insure I only have a $500 excess on the Jetski
Wetscreems
Wetscreems

Male
Number of posts : 17
Job/hobbies : National Service Manager - Fishing , Boating and Family
Humor : Hell I'm funny
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Thu Jul 23 2009, 00:39

I am with AMI and pay $92 a quarter with a $1000 dollar excess and insured for $25,000
Brian
Brian

Male
Number of posts : 33
Job/hobbies : self employed contractor
Humor : Did you hear the one about the .....
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Thu Jul 23 2009, 07:51

Welcome to the world of insurance!!! If you can get a discount from all of your other assets being with one insurer then go for it. Unfortunately PWC premiums are much higher than boat premiums due to the prolific number that have been stolen in comparison over the years, and trust me they aint easy to find or identify. And I am not sure that the latest security technology on the PWCs is recognised enough just yet.

However in this world of insurance a cheap premium does not necessarily provide you with the best protection and highest level of customer service at claim time. I have mine insured with Mariner being a Vero owned company, as I am employed by Vero. My thought process went as follows as I have opted for a much lower excess than the $1500 - $2500 that some of you have:

If it gets stolen, sure a big excess is a small price to pay in comparison to the replacement cost. However I felt the opportunity for accidental damage whilst on the water or travelling would be a higher risk and repairs for these types scenarios would be closer to or less than the big excesses. Therefore my excess at $500 would be a small price to pay in the event of a few thousand dollars worth of repair etc.

Each to their own, but I would rather have a comprehensive product will plenty of benefits that I believe will provide protection and value to me when required. My policy even covers Coastgurad callouts/tows etc with no excess payable should that be the case, and the list goes on with a raft of policy holder benefits.......

For an unbiased opinion of all the policies available give Daniel Garner a call at PIC Insurance Brokers, East Tamaki, mention my name and he will run through everything you need to know to make an informed decision, along with his recommendation. In return if you like what he is saying get your quote through him and let him arrange the protection for you. Easy as that!!

Cheers
Mark Greenfield
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Innsie Thu Jul 23 2009, 10:44

Mark and others... after you've organised your insurance with Daniel at P.I.C. call next door to building 4. See me for a great coffee or beer if it's after lunch and I'll find you funding for an even more expensive ski Very Happy
Innsie
Innsie

Male
Number of posts : 198
PWC : Seadoo RXT-X
Best fish landed on your ski : 2m Bronze Whaler off Motihue... well almost landed but cut the line!
Job/hobbies : Finance Adviser / Broker / Business Consultant / Snapper Whisperer / Comedian
Humor : Flight of the Conchords - RULE
Registration date : 2009-05-15

http://www.pfgroup.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  HOTBODZ Thu Jul 23 2009, 11:49

After reading the first few posts , i dug out my own policy to see what i was paying and thought OMG affraid am i paying that much for my premium . my premium is way more than you guys , but my excess is only $250 and a $1000 for theft .Then i read your post 2xtreme and it made sense , better to pay a little more for the premium and less for the excess .Like you say the probability of accidental damage on the water and travelling is higher .
HOTBODZ
HOTBODZ

Male
Number of posts : 179
PWC : 2008 SEADOO GTX LTD 215 SUPERCHARGED
Best fish landed on your ski : 7lb Snapper
Job/hobbies : Company Director
Humor : Tag and Release
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Thu Jul 23 2009, 22:54

Innsie wrote:Mark and others... after you've organised your insurance with Daniel at P.I.C. call next door to building 4. See me for a great coffee or beer if it's after lunch and I'll find you funding for an even more expensive ski Very Happy

AHHHHH !! Is that where you hide out!!!

I will be taking you up on the beer any day soon.
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Innsie Fri Jul 24 2009, 02:00

Yep. Just ring prior so I can ensure I'm in (or whether to pretend I'm not) Laughing
Innsie
Innsie

Male
Number of posts : 198
PWC : Seadoo RXT-X
Best fish landed on your ski : 2m Bronze Whaler off Motihue... well almost landed but cut the line!
Job/hobbies : Finance Adviser / Broker / Business Consultant / Snapper Whisperer / Comedian
Humor : Flight of the Conchords - RULE
Registration date : 2009-05-15

http://www.pfgroup.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Fri Jul 24 2009, 04:56

Innsie, sounds like you might have us all on your door step for a beer. cheers
drunken
This has sparked up a good response!! just what the forum is all about.
there is some good advice within and hopefully has made us all check our policy.

many thanks,
Eddie

Smile
eddie
eddie
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 149
PWC : Seadoo GTX Wake edition 2006
Best fish landed on your ski : 690mm,12.2LB at the Haystack 5/12/09
Job/hobbies : job=sales/marketing.hobbies=rallying and fishing....now jetski fishing!!!
Humor : All Types!!
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

jetski insurance Empty Re Insurance

Post  Shdbefishn? Fri Jul 24 2009, 06:16

Guys, I cant believe the prices some of you are paying, when I bought my boat and rung around it was going to cost me an arm and a leg until someone told me to try their company, I did and when I sold it & got a ski I kept with them. I will double check tomorrow (as im sitting in the Koru club in Sydney right now enjoying a beverage) but I have a comprehensive cover and have something like a $250 excess on the ski & $100 on the trailer. premium is around $300.
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

jetski insurance Empty Re Insurance

Post  Shdbefishn? Sat Jul 25 2009, 01:24

Checked it out, I pay $295 a year, ski is garaged, excess $100 or $1000 if stolen. Tower Insurance, be worth ringing them to compare.
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Sat Jul 25 2009, 05:40

Sounds to cheap/good to be true. I will inquire as to polciy coverage and if it stacks up and they will quote that price its a damn BARGAIN!!!
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Divot Sun Jul 26 2009, 04:17

Try a Harley, I pay $109 per month for $37,000 cover, $2000 excess

Divot

Male
Number of posts : 13
Job/hobbies : Support Officer: Ham Radio, Motorcycling (Harleys), Land Search and Rescue, Motorsports, Fishing, Ex PADI Instructor
Humor : Robin Williams, Jim Caery
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down