RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OVERNIGHTER 12th of February POST YOUR INTEREST...

+12
Innsie
memfis
JAZA
chealy
Peter-j
aleigh
Scowner
Shdbefishn?
swasy
driftar
2-EXTREME
Jetskifishing
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

OVERNIGHTER 12th of February POST YOUR INTEREST... - Page 2 Empty Re: OVERNIGHTER 12th of February POST YOUR INTEREST...

Post  2-EXTREME Tue Feb 09 2010, 08:58

True, not really a big deal, I suppose I was envisaging the glass clam perfect conditions !!! It is certainly the best beach although I would say can only take say 6 - 8 tents max on two flat grass areas the other option is on the flatter sand at the top of the beach. Forecast will probably change by then anyway. Forecast is for no rain.
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

OVERNIGHTER 12th of February POST YOUR INTEREST... - Page 2 Empty Re: OVERNIGHTER 12th of February POST YOUR INTEREST...

Post  Innsie Tue Feb 09 2010, 09:44

Mark,

Calypso Bay and Wharf Bay at Motihue each have toilet facilities and fresh water according to the marine chart I've just looked at.

Wharf actually has a DOC camp ground on the north west point. May be a better bet as you could anchor skis at Wharf or other side at Ocean beach if too windy from West? Never stopped at Calypso as it's always been too exposed but I'll be guided by you guys with knowledge. It's probably closer for most people to meet at Motihue and then head for the fishing grounds than Garden Cove which is a bit of a trek.

Personally, I'm happy travelling down to Garden Cove because you guys say it's so great! Boats need to be through west side of the rock at mid-high tide according to the chart. Prob not an issue for skis?

I'll check Fri morning on the site for final camp destination. Planning to knock off work early Fri and be on water by 4pm.
Innsie
Innsie

Male
Number of posts : 198
PWC : Seadoo RXT-X
Best fish landed on your ski : 2m Bronze Whaler off Motihue... well almost landed but cut the line!
Job/hobbies : Finance Adviser / Broker / Business Consultant / Snapper Whisperer / Comedian
Humor : Flight of the Conchords - RULE
Registration date : 2009-05-15

http://www.pfgroup.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  Shdbefishn? Tue Feb 09 2010, 19:37

I've heard all about Garden Cove and from what I understand its real nice, narrow entrance with rocks on one side so should be reasonably sheltered from the wind???
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Tue Feb 09 2010, 20:07

Shdbefishn? wrote:I've heard all about Garden Cove and from what I understand its real nice, narrow entrance with rocks on one side so should be reasonably sheltered from the wind???
Yes Chris, it is the pick spot, I think it will come down to if the conditions are nice enough to ride down to that area without getting to wet. we will keep a close eye on it either way it should be a great trip.
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 735
Best fish landed on your ski : Snapper - 17 Pound, Kingfish - 19 kilo
Job/hobbies : The jetskifishing guy
Humor : Funny Ha!Ha!

http://www.jetskifishing.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  alex tomov Tue Feb 09 2010, 20:48

Just an idea-have you told of "Home bay" on Motutapu , it is a perfect spot on NW winds there are toilets BBQ area and camping ground.Plus it is in the middle of the Gulf giving us a easy start on Sat .

alex tomov

Male
Number of posts : 26
Job/hobbies : Hunting / Fishing / Sking / Diving
Humor : Strictly after the 1st fish of the day !
Registration date : 2009-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Tue Feb 09 2010, 21:29

alex tomov wrote:Just an idea-have you told of "Home bay" on Motutapu , it is a perfect spot on NW winds there are toilets BBQ area and camping ground.Plus it is in the middle of the Gulf giving us a easy start on Sat .
Hi Alex, only issue was the beach is stones and damages the hulls so we flagged that.
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

OVERNIGHTER 12th of February POST YOUR INTEREST... - Page 2 Empty Home Bay

Post  swasy Wed Feb 10 2010, 04:58

I have had trouble at home bay with an over nighter with our boat gear rods and everything stolen (8K worth). Totally ruined our fishing trip. Mad

Opportunists come over from east Auckland side and go through and collect whatever they can...

Don't know if they are still working the area but If we can get a bay to our selves I would be happier.
swasy
swasy

Male
Number of posts : 139
PWC : 2007 YAMAHA FX160HO
Best fish landed on your ski : 10 KG Kingi on light gear (4kg)
Job/hobbies : Buisness Manager & Contract Sales Resource
Humor : I have 4 kids...you have to have a sense of humor
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter-j Wed Feb 10 2010, 20:50

here is a pic of garden cove looking a ttthe entrance. excuse the seadoo in the photo Wink

OVERNIGHTER 12th of February POST YOUR INTEREST... - Page 2 Jet_sk11

home bay apparently is a good spot too, and a little closer. very popular with boats. good facilities at motuhie but the wharf (city) side is shallow and tidal. probably not a problem for us tho. Calypso has always been too exposed to stop there in the past, and the beach is not as nice. my vote: garden cove or home bay.

i hope to be on the water around 5:30ish. channel 6.

will head to motuhie area and look for happy JS fisho's.

Peter -j
Peter-j
Peter-j

Male
Number of posts : 34
PWC : Yamaha 2006 XLT 1200
Best fish landed on your ski : 14.8lb (75cm) Snapper 17/1/2010
Job/hobbies : Soft Bait Fishing on my Yamaha XLT1200
Humor : Catching better fish than the boat next to you.
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

OVERNIGHTER 12th of February POST YOUR INTEREST... - Page 2 Empty UPDATE - Garden Cove is the destination

Post  Jetskifishing Thu Feb 11 2010, 05:16

Hi Crew, looks great weather, so the trip is definetly on unless posted here of postponement... We are going to Garden Cove for those who don't know where it is , included is a map.. of the general area. 2Extreme will give some tips how to enter the bay for any newbies. I plan to hit the water around 4 oclock and take a leisurely ride out. Anyone keen on joining me from Bucklands Beach, text me on 021 864 560 or express your interest on here. The more the merrier should be a great night. Myself intend to have a fish for dinner early evening and a fish first light then head back seeing i have so much luggage.
Everyone who is definetly coming please post here so we have an idea on numbers, first in first serve to claim your vcamping spot and dont forget all the necessities. VHF Channel 6, only line of sight so you will need to be in the general area.
[img]OVERNIGHTER 12th of February POST YOUR INTEREST... - Page 2 Garden10[/img]
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  memfis Thu Feb 11 2010, 05:24

memfis is in yee haa! smokin cowboy!
memfis
memfis

Male
Number of posts : 63
PWC : fx ho waverunner
Best fish landed on your ski : 13.1/2lb snapper
Job/hobbies : Refrigeration/ air con
Humor : Dont ask me!! i dont care.
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

OVERNIGHTER 12th of February POST YOUR INTEREST... - Page 2 Empty Re: UPDATE - Garden Cove is the destination

Post  Shdbefishn? Thu Feb 11 2010, 05:25

Im in, not too sure what time I will be away though at this stage.
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Thu Feb 11 2010, 06:51

Wind direction forecasted is WNW so whilst the cove wont be glass calm it will be relatively sheltered as the hill on the left (looking out from beach) is quite high. Entering at hightide on the ski will be no drama but as per my earlier post, just in case enter to the right hand side through the smallest gap between the rock and the mainland.

I will be leaving bucks at around 6:00-6:30pm. If everyone plans to be at Garden Cove at around 7:00pm this will be best for plenty of light and time to set up. Anyone else like me who can't get out earlier may need to rely on the die hard fishing gurus to provide some fish, so get out there boys and catch up a storm. Maybe I should bring a pack of Sizzlers just in case !! lol!

Please speak up if you are bringing a gas cooker, as we won't need everyone to bring one. Just the single burner ones are great. Innsie is bringing one and I think I have one hiding around somewhere in the garage.
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Thu Feb 11 2010, 07:42

There is possibly some slight drizzle in the afternoon coming in around locally but very very light, between 0.4mm to 0.9 mm per 3/hour period (bugger all) and looks like it will only hang around out as far as Motuihe and not reach the northern side of waiheke at all. Looks like it may be present from 2pm ish through to 7pm so don't let this put you off at all as after that it clears totally for a clear night. I could be wrong but just my observation of rain radar and patterns.
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

OVERNIGHTER 12th of February POST YOUR INTEREST... - Page 2 Empty overnighter 12th feb

Post  chealy Thu Feb 11 2010, 08:09

Hi it,s chealy yes i will be there looking at leaving about 6ish any chance i can meet up with anybody at bucklands beach to show me the way. i see that x-treme is heading out from bucklands about that time any chance i can tag along with you??
chealy
chealy

Male
Number of posts : 7
PWC : seadoo gtx 155hp 2009
Best fish landed on your ski : none as yet but will be trying hard the next couple of days
Job/hobbies : engish premier league football, fishing, Golf, cooking
Humor : english
Registration date : 2010-01-05

http://chealys@xtra.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Thu Feb 11 2010, 08:17

You sure can. No worries.

I can be contacted on 021502289. Txt or call me tomorrow and we can finalise a time.
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

OVERNIGHTER 12th of February POST YOUR INTEREST... - Page 2 Empty overnighter 12th feb

Post  chealy Thu Feb 11 2010, 08:23

Thanks alot call you 2morrow afternoon thanks again
chealy
chealy

Male
Number of posts : 7
PWC : seadoo gtx 155hp 2009
Best fish landed on your ski : none as yet but will be trying hard the next couple of days
Job/hobbies : engish premier league football, fishing, Golf, cooking
Humor : english
Registration date : 2010-01-05

http://chealys@xtra.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Thu Feb 11 2010, 08:53

There is also a very large area of pure white flat fluffy sand where tents can be pitched also if that seems more appealing to some, or all the grass areas are full with those getting there earlier. Reality I can't see myself getting much sleep anyway talking crap about the one that got away and all the other stories that will come out of the woodwork Razz Razz

If anyone takes offence to foul language..................don't worry, as its hard enough to understand Memfis before he has had a drink!!
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter-j Thu Feb 11 2010, 09:45

Count me in! will be leaving Takapuna around 5:30-600. may have a quick fish on the way out. bringing a little single gas cooker too. will be on CH6 and cell phone for text messages 021 922 023. Peter-J
Peter-j
Peter-j

Male
Number of posts : 34
PWC : Yamaha 2006 XLT 1200
Best fish landed on your ski : 14.8lb (75cm) Snapper 17/1/2010
Job/hobbies : Soft Bait Fishing on my Yamaha XLT1200
Humor : Catching better fish than the boat next to you.
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Thu Feb 11 2010, 09:49

Good stuff. High tide is at 7:30pm so plenty of time to get in a fishing session for a few snaps then off to Garden Cove. Motuihe Channel on the way would be worth a shot.
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  aleigh Thu Feb 11 2010, 19:50

so you guys going to be regular posts via iphones for those of us on the mainland?

Still reckon there must be some way to get a video cal to stream on the internet - virtual fishing at it's best.

Will have to just look forward to Monday morning at KawaKawa bay.
aleigh
aleigh

Male
Number of posts : 186
PWC : Kawasaki STX 15F
Best fish landed on your ski : 40cm snapper on 02/01/10 still trying for bigger
Job/hobbies : Drugs / Kids
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Innsie Thu Feb 11 2010, 20:48

I'm IN BIG TIME. Hanging out to get on the water. Aim to leave Bklds sometime btwn 4-5pm and heading Motiuhe channel or Crusoe to get fish for everyone... that's confidence for ya! Channel 6 will be on and mobile 021 667 878.

Bringing one small, single gas burner that anyone can use. Also pack'n some frankfurters (2 Extreme bring'n the sizzlers) just in case I get re-named "fishless one". Also bringing fresh ground salt & pepper, sauce sachets and oil. Throwing in some extra tin foil so we can touch up 2-Extremes hair highlights overnight lol!

Kitchen/dining table, lounge suite and SKY, stereo, dancers pole (for Memphis' entertainment purely) and TV being delivered at 8pm with portable generator. TUI.

I'm going rain or shine!

Better go and do some work given outta here early! See you out there
Innsie
Innsie

Male
Number of posts : 198
PWC : Seadoo RXT-X
Best fish landed on your ski : 2m Bronze Whaler off Motihue... well almost landed but cut the line!
Job/hobbies : Finance Adviser / Broker / Business Consultant / Snapper Whisperer / Comedian
Humor : Flight of the Conchords - RULE
Registration date : 2009-05-15

http://www.pfgroup.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Thu Feb 11 2010, 21:00

LOL that post almost makes me want to cancel paintball and come out for a laugh. im def keen for the next one!
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Number of posts : 517
PWC : Yammie FX140 fishing machine.
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb Snap
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  JayPee Thu Feb 11 2010, 23:12

Andrew,

Looks like you can add another fisho to the expedition. I should be able to get out to BB around 5:30, will then play catch-up from there. See you on the water, will be great to meet the crew.

Bit worrying that guys are bringing sausages.. I think I would rather go hungry if I don't catch anything!

Jaypee

JayPee

Male
Number of posts : 2
PWC : SeaDoo GTI SE
Best fish landed on your ski : Still Hunting...
Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Thu Feb 11 2010, 23:18

JayPee wrote:Andrew,

Looks like you can add another fisho to the expedition. I should be able to get out to BB around 5:30, will then play catch-up from there. See you on the water, will be great to meet the crew.

Bit worrying that guys are bringing sausages.. I think I would rather go hungry if I don't catch anything!

Jaypee
Awesome, numbers are looking good, hopefully you can head out with someone along the way, I am leaving about 4pm with Innsie

HERE IS THE LINK OF THE REPORT (You need to be a registered member to view it) https://jetskifishing.forumotion.net/the-ultimate-rod-holder-fishing-reports-registered-members-can-view-and-contribute-fishing-reports-f2/jetskifishing-man-verses-wild-overnighter-photos-uploading-t1068.htm#5450
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2