RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monday the 15th Trip from Kawakawa to Waiheke Channel and beyond

3 posters

Go down

Monday the 15th Trip from Kawakawa to Waiheke Channel and beyond Empty Monday the 15th Trip from Kawakawa to Waiheke Channel and beyond

Post  softbaiter Sun Feb 07 2010, 21:09

Hey Guys

I have booked next monday off work, Want to do a good trip somewhere. Im open to launching locations, even driving to coromandel
I know Bobby has Mondays off also, and he will be keen

This site is reasonably good for long range forecasts - http://www.yr.no/place/New_Zealand/Auckland/Auckland/long.html and according to this the weather might be ok cheers

Last edited by softbaiter on Sat Feb 13 2010, 06:23; edited 1 time in total
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Number of posts : 517
PWC : Yammie FX140 fishing machine.
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb Snap
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Monday the 15th Trip from Kawakawa to Waiheke Channel and beyond Empty Re: Monday the 15th Trip from Kawakawa to Waiheke Channel and beyond

Post  softbaiter Tue Feb 09 2010, 06:37

Weather is looking like a 10 knot NW for the morning so far
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines

Back to top Go down

Monday the 15th Trip from Kawakawa to Waiheke Channel and beyond Empty Re: Monday the 15th Trip from Kawakawa to Waiheke Channel and beyond

Post  aleigh Tue Feb 09 2010, 08:54

Could be interested if you don't mjind a later start as have to get kids to school and then free - say 9am at ramp (BB or HMB)

Not sure what the bite time is but only time I have this week so far (unless it gets taken up with other things) - at least I'd be getting "dinner ready" whilst on the water !! Laughing
aleigh
aleigh

Male
Number of posts : 186
PWC : Kawasaki STX 15F
Best fish landed on your ski : 40cm snapper on 02/01/10 still trying for bigger
Job/hobbies : Drugs / Kids
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Tue Feb 09 2010, 18:59

Actually that sounds pretty good, gives me time to have a wee sleep in.
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby r Wed Feb 10 2010, 01:01

yes def.in,wouldnt mind exploring around waiheke maybe,what do you reckon softbaiter?or westcoast HA HA!
bobby r
bobby r

Male
Number of posts : 6
PWC : VX 1100 DELUXE
Best fish landed on your ski : snapper 3.2kg
Job/hobbies : pizzeria owner/fishing,hunting,freediving
Humor : what else is there!
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Wed Feb 10 2010, 01:13

haha, over the Bar you reckon Bobby ? Last week there was a onebase on and a LOT of Mako's got caught out there.

Actually wouldn't mind a tiki tour up the waiheke channel to the mussel farm.. there's a few good reefy spots in close proximity to the waiheke channel also.
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  aleigh Wed Feb 10 2010, 02:26

whats it like launching at kawakawa bay? Is the ramp ok?
That would make it easier if you want to get up Waiheke Channel.

Just as long as I catch some fish as will need to prove I've been getting provisions for dinner, otherwise it's Pak and Sav on the way home Sad

Andrew
aleigh
aleigh

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Wed Feb 10 2010, 02:51

KawaKawa bay is a real treat of a ramp, 2 lanes and a pontoon, another pontoon going in soon. It is probably the best launching spot around that end of the gulf (apart from the maraetai members ramp) My Dad was out yesterday in the channel by the wooden lighthouse, him and a workmate got their limit in 1.5 hours, its a 2 min ride from the ramp to the lighthouse.

If the wind is NW as forecast then scullys reef and the firth side of ponui should be rather nice.
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  aleigh Wed Feb 10 2010, 19:47

So softbaiter are you interested in launching at Kawakawa bay ramp Monday assuming no storms blow in?

I'd be leaving Botany about 8:35 ish after getting back from school and then googlemaps says it's 37 minutes from my house to kawakawa bay (says 22 mnutes to BBramp though so we'll see).

If you are interested then can meet you there sometime after 9:15am but will head back to Botany for 2pm to clean up etc so should be a nice little fishing trip.
If not interested then just say and I'll launch closer to home. Weather loks promising but then again it looks excellent today looking out across Howick Beach from work

Andrew
aleigh
aleigh

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Wed Feb 10 2010, 19:57

Yep keen as to launch at KawaKawa. We will use the ramp with the Breakwater and pontoon.
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Wed Feb 10 2010, 20:03

Monday the 15th Trip from Kawakawa to Waiheke Channel and beyond Kawaka10

This ramp
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Thu Feb 11 2010, 07:52

Wind is looking good so far. We could venture up to ganet if it stays nice.

Monday the 15th Trip from Kawakawa to Waiheke Channel and beyond Windgu10
Monday the 15th Trip from Kawakawa to Waiheke Channel and beyond Swellm10
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Sat Feb 13 2010, 06:24

just listened to nowcasting, the forecast is for a 0.5m swell dying out sunday night and 5 knot variable on monday dying out in the arvo. Just hope the forecasters have it right afro
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  aleigh Sat Feb 13 2010, 08:55

That sounds even nicer weather than predcited a few days ago.

Definitely keen - battery's all charged; just have to attached my far from ultimate rodholder on and make sure have everything ready.

I will have mobile 021 256-4483 (till get to KK Bay) and then after that taking other phone (as main phone a flip phone ) 021 0625835

Look out for a old shape Toyota Estima with a Non-Yamaha jetski in tow !!

Andrew
aleigh
aleigh

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Sat Feb 13 2010, 19:09

I will be in a old red celic-ute (celica treated like a ute) with my fx140 in tow.

mobile 021449149

There may be a few showers so a raincoat might be a good bit of kit!
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Sun Feb 14 2010, 03:09

Bite time is about 2pm according to one fishing calendar, we should take a packed lunch and have lunch somewhere on the beach. See you guys at 9am at Kawakawa bay
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  aleigh Sun Feb 14 2010, 05:09

As I need to be back at the ramp at 2pm I trust there are some snapper that are hungry before that.
High tide 8:23 in Auckland so maybe they might like a mid-morning snack on some soft baits.

Will bring some lunch but really don't want to have to go to Pak'n'sav for dinner produce.

Anyway see you between 9:15am and 9:30am depending on traffic and kids

Andrew

Are there any others coming out for the trip?
aleigh
aleigh

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Sun Feb 14 2010, 06:00

Hi Andrew

Yep, Bobby R will be there also. Hopefully we will get onto some hungry snaps well before 2pm. Was listening to nowcasting just before and they now reckon about 15 knots, dying out in the arvo but being a NW it wont be too bad where we are going

http://windguru.com/int/index.php?sc=25747

Windguru looks good though
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  aleigh Sun Feb 14 2010, 06:16

softbaiter wrote:

Yep, Bobby R will be there also. Hopefully we will get onto some hungry snaps well before 2pm. Was listening to nowcasting just before and they now reckon about 15 knots, dying out in the arvo but being a NW it wont be too bad where we are going

You lead and I will follow as never been down that way before, just up around the other end of Waiheke.
Ideal would be to catch some snapps then go for a little jet up the other side of Waiheke up by Pakatoa but I'm open to suggestions - lunch in fridge, jetski rigged, rods rigged everything else in car so hopefully I won't forget anything
aleigh
aleigh

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Sun Feb 14 2010, 06:34

Sounds good, see you around 9:15 ish
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down