RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to fit a 100 Litre bin and livebait tank to a Jetski - Version One!

+9
eddie
2-EXTREME
nounou
Fishoe
Shdbefishn?
softbaiter
aleigh
Jetskifishing
dually
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

How to fit a 100 Litre bin and livebait tank to a Jetski - Version One! - Page 3 Empty Re: How to fit a 100 Litre bin and livebait tank to a Jetski - Version One!

Post  2-EXTREME Mon Mar 08 2010, 08:35

I'm cracking up remembering the old days when playing in the surf the ski spent almost as much time upside down and certainly did not right itself with the pace that Dually's did today. As he says his ski spun around so fast from being upside down that it almost picked him outta the water and chucked him on top !!!

To challenge the stability once more Dually stood ontop of the bin at the very back of the rig and still the back of the hull sat very buoyant without a compromising waterline.

Maybe while we are waiting for the comp debreif on Sunday he could give all another demo ........ !!! Nah flag that Murphy's Law would be bound to kick in......!!
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

How to fit a 100 Litre bin and livebait tank to a Jetski - Version One! - Page 3 Empty Re: How to fit a 100 Litre bin and livebait tank to a Jetski - Version One!

Post  dually Mon Mar 08 2010, 08:41

Cant wait for the video!!

No thanks for another demo, just finished getting the saltwater out of places i didnt even know my ski had Shocked
dually
dually

Male
Number of posts : 41
PWC : 2010 Yamaha FZSHO
Best fish landed on your ski : Watch this space :-)
Job/hobbies : Manager
Humor : Low on fuel - again!!!!
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Mon Mar 08 2010, 08:51

Plenty of fresh water, followed by lots of INOX will work a treat.

I suppose putting the safety cord for the video camera under your front hatch assisted in some dampening.......not that the water got much of a chance to get in............almost spun dry itself !!
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  aleigh Mon Mar 08 2010, 08:54

Still remember being tipped off when doing a slow turn (no bin) with 2 10 year olds on the back who decided to put their hands in the water whilst we were turning - next thing I'm in the water. It will be turns on a swell that might be what may tip the ski but probably no more than having a 2nd person on to do the damage except where maybe a quick turn where the water moves against the turn (similar to 2 10 year old girls leaning away froma corner)
aleigh
aleigh

Male
Number of posts : 186
PWC : Kawasaki STX 15F
Best fish landed on your ski : 40cm snapper on 02/01/10 still trying for bigger
Job/hobbies : Drugs / Kids
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  dually Mon Mar 08 2010, 09:01

I think the main thing to be learnt is that always be ready for the worst. Its just good that now i know where that tipping point is. I highly reccomend you all try it Laughing
dually
dually

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  salti 1 Mon Mar 08 2010, 17:54

well thats all good news ,if all that weight was on my honda ild still be bobbin around the ocean trying to flip it back up .I WAN'T ONE.
salti 1
salti 1

Male
PWC : 2006 honda 1200 turbo
Best fish landed on your ski : snapper 10.3 lbs
Job/hobbies : Moulding technician/fishing and fishing
Humor : none
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  dually Mon Mar 08 2010, 19:01

salti 1 wrote:well thats all good news ,if all that weight was on my honda ild still be bobbin around the ocean trying to flip it back up .I WAN'T ONE.

I must admit, i was shitting myself when you said they can roll over from the back corner..... so i am glad we got the test out of the way.
dually
dually

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishoe Mon Mar 08 2010, 20:08

I highly recommend you all try it Laughing

think ill keep the water out of my engine Laughing
Fishoe
Fishoe

Male
Number of posts : 539
Best fish landed on your ski : monster
Job/hobbies : Refrigeration engineer/catching big fish
Humor : Fillet And Release
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  ZO-SIX Tue Mar 09 2010, 04:28

Im in to see the video where is it lol cant wait!!!!

ZO-SIX

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post  salti 1 Tue Mar 09 2010, 07:15

Hi dually is there any major differances between your ski and a FX 160HO 2008 nano hull . i want to up grade as i two don,t like been tipped in the water the hondas seem a bit tender to extra weight on the arse end ,one day my leg or something will get caught up in the bouy rope from the pot and i'll be draged to the ocean floor. that wouldn't be a great outcome!!!
salti 1
salti 1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  dually Tue Mar 09 2010, 09:40

salti 1 wrote:Hi dually is there any major differances between your ski and a FX 160HO 2008 nano hull . i want to up grade as i two don,t like been tipped in the water the hondas seem a bit tender to extra weight on the arse end ,one day my leg or something will get caught up in the bouy rope from the pot and i'll be draged to the ocean floor. that wouldn't be a great outcome!!!

Hey Salti. Not any major difference, Andrew may be able to clarify. Mine is a FZ which i belive is a slightly different hull shape for performance handling. it is still the nano hull and looks very much the same shape as the FX from the outside. You are welcome to jump all over the back of it before we leave on sunday if you want to see for yourself Very Happy If you want economy for fishiong then DONT buy the SHO like i did, i use approx twice what nounou does and have used the full 70 litres in 52 minutes!!! It was a fun 52 minutes though Laughing Yeah, wouldnt be too cool being dragged to the bottom affraid
dually
dually

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  salti 1 Tue Mar 09 2010, 17:51

cheers Dually ,i'm unable to make the big fish off on sunday but will get up to Auckland soon might have awee look then ,just been reading the junckmail 40% of fishing gear at the warehouse
salti 1
salti 1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3