RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Jet Ski's... old hand at fishing...

3 posters

Go down

New to Jet Ski's... old hand at fishing... Empty New to Jet Ski's... old hand at fishing...

Post  swasy Tue Feb 03 2009, 05:53

Hi Guys

I have introduced Kevin with whom I work with too Jet Ski fishing...

He just sold a 7m alloy boat and he's just picked up his near new 07 FX160HO (black like mine) and should be out there on the water with us as soon as possible.

I think the images of me, my ski and the Kingi on the work intranet had something to do with it... Very Happy

Hope fully he gets online with us shortly with some pics bounce

Welcome Kevin cheers
swasy
swasy

Male
Number of posts : 139
PWC : 2007 YAMAHA FX160HO
Best fish landed on your ski : 10 KG Kingi on light gear (4kg)
Job/hobbies : Buisness Manager & Contract Sales Resource
Humor : I have 4 kids...you have to have a sense of humor
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

New to Jet Ski's... old hand at fishing... Empty Re: New to Jet Ski's... old hand at fishing...

Post  2-EXTREME Tue Feb 03 2009, 08:16

Awesome !! Welcome Kevin!! Good job SWASY on converting him to come to the real fun side of sportfishing in New Zealand, he will wish he did it long ago, that is after he gets over struggling to walk, sit, stand after he has had a session in the rough water.....but hey its damn better than a gym and you get all the benefits of fishing and riding as well !!

Poor guy won't know what to do with himself once he gets home and has his ski washed and parked up within 10 mins!!! Very Happy after dealing with a 7M boat!

Look forward to getting on the water again soon, the good fishing is only just beginning !!
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

New to Jet Ski's... old hand at fishing... Empty poor guy....

Post  swasy Tue Feb 03 2009, 08:48

Hi 2-extreme

Well that's good news, I thought it was only me who lost the use of his limbs (and sometimes more No Rolling Eyes) after a big days ride.. lol!

Cheers

Keith
swasy
swasy

Male
Number of posts : 139
PWC : 2007 YAMAHA FX160HO
Best fish landed on your ski : 10 KG Kingi on light gear (4kg)
Job/hobbies : Buisness Manager & Contract Sales Resource
Humor : I have 4 kids...you have to have a sense of humor
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

New to Jet Ski's... old hand at fishing... Empty poor guy....

Post  Shdbefishn? Tue Feb 03 2009, 09:07

gee me too, I found muscles my body didnt know it had, thought I was just getting old lol...no pain no gain though as they say.

As an ex boatie too I agree with Mark, what other sport is as good, you can launch and retrieve on your own, go for a fish on your own if your mates let you down or your family just plain dont wanna go fishing. you can get to your fishing spot within minutes and change spots as quickly and to top it off have a bin full of fish and be home and cleaned up before the kids are out of bed..... yep im hooked, hope his enjoyment equals or exceeds mine!
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

New to Jet Ski's... old hand at fishing... Empty Re: New to Jet Ski's... old hand at fishing...

Post  2-EXTREME Tue Feb 03 2009, 23:50

lol! Anyone who says they feel nothing the next day after riding in rough conditions where they have had to use their legs as shock absorbers doing about 300 consecutive squats from Maria to Browns Island is full of @#$!.

I still laugh today after a good session, and then to get on the phone and talk to another jetskifisho who can't get on or off the toilet without assitance just puts me in fits of laughter!!

Mate of mine from Sydney got the luxury of using my ski to try the experience a little while ago and he swims 2 -3km 3 times a week and runs 10+ km a week and also throws in some boxing training here and there....so he is relatively fit. Anyway after going from Half Moon Bay to Rakino then to the Haystack, Noises, 10mins out the back then into the Ahaas then into Motuihe and back to Half Moon Bay he was toatlly excited and the adrenalin had taken over in his body as he said that was the most intense workout ever!!.....anyway he flies back to Sydney the next morning and screams in pain from his thrashed muscles as he gets in and out of his seat and has the Air Hostess offering assistance on the plane. As the next 3 days progress he needs some sort or support or assistance getting up and down, whilst laughing to himself and loving the fact that all of this was from one session JETSKIFISHING. He is hooked and if in NZ he would have purchased a ski the next day!!!

This should not put anyone off.........but it is sooooo much fun and the pain on the rough days makes me hungry for more!!!
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down