RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Chartplotter finder and who to get to install it

4 posters

Go down

Which Chartplotter finder and who to get to install it Empty Which Chartplotter finder and who to get to install it

Post  Cliff Sun Feb 22 2009, 03:38

Hey there, I am hoping to get some advice. I would like to have a chart plotter finder combo installed on my ski. Does anyone have any recommendations on which one to use, and who to get to install it? I am quite interested in the hummingbird 788 but am currently using a Lawrence x50ds that I am not to impressed with. Advice?
Cliff
Cliff

Male
Number of posts : 12
PWC : 2008 Sea-Doo GTi Humminbird 788ci
Best fish landed on your ski : 15.2 pound
Job/hobbies : Sparkie, Jetski fishing
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Which Chartplotter finder and who to get to install it Empty Re: Which Chartplotter finder and who to get to install it

Post  2-EXTREME Sun Feb 22 2009, 05:44

Hey Cliff, soooooo many options to choose from but once you have selected a couple of options it then really is determined by what you can mount to your ski. Andrew aka Jetskifishing has done plenty of installs so can assist you with that. For what it is worth I am very happy with my Lowarance X52 as it is one of the best for size and price that fits into my glovebox. Andrew's Raymarine A60 really is sex on a mounting bracket !!!

Here is a link to my favourite fishfinder site for information gathering. It supplies graphs showing the performance of each sounder in relation to very important categories. When the US dollar is all good for us you cannot go past the deals this site offers, however at the moment it works out a little more expensive. I will warn you know you will get addicted comparing sounders on this site lol!

http://www.fishfinder-store.com/
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Which Chartplotter finder and who to get to install it Empty Re: Which Chartplotter finder and who to get to install it

Post  Fishoe Mon Mar 09 2009, 01:53

that site is cool i want every thing $$$$$
Fishoe
Fishoe

Male
Number of posts : 539
Best fish landed on your ski : monster
Job/hobbies : Refrigeration engineer/catching big fish
Humor : Fillet And Release

Back to top Go down

Post  Jase Tue Mar 10 2009, 05:56

Cliff wrote:Hey there, I am hoping to get some advice. I would like to have a chart plotter finder combo installed on my ski. Does anyone have any recommendations on which one to use, and who to get to install it? I am quite interested in the hummingbird 788 but am currently using a Lawrence x50ds that I am not to impressed with. Advice?
Hi Cliff
The best thing you could do is go to your local chandlery(burnsco)or someone similar and have a look at the range
There is so much to choose from these days and prices vary from $199 and up,it is not that hard to install yourself,we can help you out!!!
Jase
Jase

Male
Number of posts : 45
Job/hobbies : Workshop Manager for pwc,setting up fast skis,racing
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishoe Tue Mar 10 2009, 17:29

the navman fits on the console glove box and looks good
Fishoe
Fishoe

Male
Number of posts : 539
Best fish landed on your ski : monster
Job/hobbies : Refrigeration engineer/catching big fish
Humor : Fillet And Release

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down