RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waverunner VX Sport vs. Seadoo GTI130

4 posters

Go down

Waverunner VX Sport vs. Seadoo GTI130 Empty Waverunner VX Sport vs. Seadoo GTI130

Post  xtel Wed Apr 29 2009, 12:12

I'm just seeing what you guys think about each jetski?

I am leaning more toward the yamaha vx mainly bc of that extra room on the rear section and additionally fuel efficiency. I just dont have any yamaha exp, only seadoo. I am going to be launching and cruising across the gulf of Mexico to fish for some reds and trout. I'm going to purchase 2 (for me and wife) which will lighten the load for each jetski.

Think 130hp is plenty for someone like me?

xtel

Male
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

Waverunner VX Sport vs. Seadoo GTI130 Empty Waverunner VX Sport vs. Seadoo GTI130

Post  Shdbefishn? Thu Apr 30 2009, 00:57

I use a VX sport for my fishing setup, personally I think it is a great ski.
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Waverunner VX Sport vs. Seadoo GTI130 Empty Re: Waverunner VX Sport vs. Seadoo GTI130

Post  Fishoe Thu Apr 30 2009, 03:59

both great skis, but the seadoo has alot more storage gtx 155 is a nice ski fast,cheap to run, ??
Fishoe
Fishoe

Male
Number of posts : 539
Best fish landed on your ski : monster
Job/hobbies : Refrigeration engineer/catching big fish
Humor : Fillet And Release
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Waverunner VX Sport vs. Seadoo GTI130 Empty Re: Waverunner VX Sport vs. Seadoo GTI130

Post  SeaDooer Thu Apr 30 2009, 04:56

130hp is plenty for the purpose you need. You're going to be fishing mainly I guess with recreation second? Think of it like buying a car. If you want to go fast, buy a ferrari, if you want a everyday car then you buy something mainstream. 130hp - 155hp are mainstream skis these days. All I would say is go for something after 2004 as technology really came to the forefront from then on, hull and engine wise.

SeaDooer

Male
Number of posts : 42
Job/hobbies : Work in Cranes, HIAB type and spares for all cranes. Hobbies are fishing of course :) photography, having a relaxing beer or two & getting out and about
Registration date : 2009-04-24

http://www.allcrane.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  xtel Thu Apr 30 2009, 09:54

Thanks for the tips guys! Especially the first-hand VX experience. It's hard to not let my inner child come out and buy top of the line when that's not what I need.

I think I'm leaning more toward the VX sport for now, of course, I'm as indecisive as a 5 year old.

xtel

Male
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down