RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

whens this weather coming right

2 posters

Go down

whens this weather coming right Empty whens this weather coming right

Post  pete jenkins Mon Dec 29 2008, 23:05

hi guys ,
just finished installing my new eagle sounder/GPS 2 days ago [xmas present to my self ],the weather hasnt let up in the bay of plenty since(matata area),i cant wait to get out an try it out ,i mounted the transducer inside the hull and im running a seperate battery,the install took 2 hours,
i keep looking out the window towards motiiti and plate islands thinking about the 5 people missing since yesterday on board a 18 foot runabout in this area ,it shows the importance of minimizing the risk when you head out to sea,wearing life jackets,having safety equipment on board,carrying commuication equipment(VHF, cell phone etc),checking weather and tide reports, i just hope their trip turns out with a happy ending,
in the mean time while im waiting for the weather to come right im going to read the inch thick instuction and owners manual for the eagle sounder/GPS again,
cheers and a happy new year to all
PJ

pete jenkins

Male
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

whens this weather coming right Empty gps finder

Post  swasy Mon Dec 29 2008, 23:37

Hi Pete

Interested to know how the sounder goes, what ski have you got? how much was the sounder/GPS?

I'll be up in the Matarangi bay area from the 9th to the 23rd if your around that way at all during that time.

Keith
swasy
swasy

Male
Number of posts : 139
PWC : 2007 YAMAHA FX160HO
Best fish landed on your ski : 10 KG Kingi on light gear (4kg)
Job/hobbies : Buisness Manager & Contract Sales Resource
Humor : I have 4 kids...you have to have a sense of humor
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

whens this weather coming right Empty Re: whens this weather coming right

Post  pete jenkins Tue Dec 30 2008, 00:28

i have a polaris 750 SLT 3 seater,its an older ski ,ive had it for about 7 years,its been used heaps,including heaps of river trips up the kiatuna river from the cut up as far as you can go,takes about half an hour at full blast,heaps of lake trips round the rotorua lakes, an untold sea fishing trips out from pukehina,newdicks,maketu and matata,the ski has been super reliable,i have really had my moneys worth out of it for what i paid for it,
i will let you know how the sounder/GPS goesas soon as the weather clears,i brought it from REPCO for round $450,they retail round $650 , thanks id be keen to take up your offer to come fishing over the holidays but ive got work commitments,over that period, cheers PJ

pete jenkins

Male
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

whens this weather coming right Empty Re: whens this weather coming right

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down