RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too much water?

2 posters

Go down

Too much water? Empty Too much water?

Post  98InTheHole Sat Jun 20 2009, 13:12

Hi,

I just recently started fishing off a ski and have only done it a couple of times. Ususally after a day on the water (not fishing), when I take the ski out, I open the bilge drains and it just drips a bit.

A couple of days ago I went out trolling for several hours, when I came back and opened the drains, a lot of water came pouring out.

First question: What kind of damage can I cause?
Second question: Can I actually sink the ski?
Third question: How can this be happening?

It certainly doesn't happen when I don't have the fishing rig on, so I know it must be it. I have an '09 GTX Ltd. which has a compartment that opens on the back, the rig rests on the foot rests molded into the lid for front support, and onto the actual hull at the back. Could it be that the pressure the rig is putting on the lid is actually breaking the seal? Or is it just that the ski is not really built for prolongued low speed legs? I haven't tried to "troll" for long without the rig to test for the latter theory, I will soon.

Anyway, any ideas?

Thanks.
98InTheHole
98InTheHole

Male
Number of posts : 5
Humor : Fine, you caught it, now what?
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Back to top Go down

Too much water? Empty Re: Too much water?

Post  wotzy77 Mon Jun 22 2009, 11:07

My old yamaha 04 fx always has water in it, as long as when i roll it.... i roll it clockwise .....all is good!! I just cant help surfing waves on the way back in!!!
just dont let anyone else flush it... you might find my post about that in tech talk i think. Sad
wotzy77
wotzy77

Male
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post  98InTheHole Mon Jun 22 2009, 17:31

Thanks for the reply, I did read your post. I certainly won't let anyone touch it, I don't even trust the guys at the dealership service Smile

Anyway, I made a few changes to my rig and was out today for like 5 hours straight, came back completely dry, so I guess I took care of that problem. (And yes, by completely dry I also mean no fish No bad fishing day, but as the saying goes, a bad day out fishing beats the best day in the office!)
98InTheHole
98InTheHole

Male
Number of posts : 5
Humor : Fine, you caught it, now what?
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down