RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JETSKIFISHING Wet suit

5 posters

Go down

JETSKIFISHING Wet suit Empty JETSKIFISHING Wet suit

Post  Jetskifishing Sat Jul 11 2009, 00:53

Hi Crew, there has been plenty of talk on what works best as far as wetsuits for Jetskifishing,. Here is your chance to contribute some feedback on what the perfect setup would be, ie, zips, 2 piece, VHF holder etc, rash shirt? Jacket? Look forward to hearing what everyone believes works best.

Cheers, Andrew
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 735
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : Snapper - 17 Pound, Kingfish - 19 kilo
Job/hobbies : The jetskifishing guy
Humor : Funny Ha!Ha!
Registration date : 2008-10-14

http://www.jetskifishing.co.nz

Back to top Go down

JETSKIFISHING Wet suit Empty Re: JETSKIFISHING Wet suit

Post  Scowner Mon Jul 13 2009, 08:33

I got a pair of kayaka wetsuit pants and a long sleeve sharkskin vest. Going with 2-extremes pinnacle zipless boots
Scowner
Scowner

Male
Number of posts : 131
PWC : Seadoo GTX Wake 155hp 1500cc 2006
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb 1oz - Sat 28nov09
Job/hobbies : IT
Humor : Red Dwarf
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Tue Jul 14 2009, 08:02

Heres my two cents worth for a PFD/Jacket/Vest:

Needs to hold in Dry Pockets:
1. At least 4 packets of soft baits.
2. Selection of Jig Heads
3. Leader holder with line feed and cutters..!!
4. D attachement for PWC keys that are not wrist straps.
5. Handheld VHF compartment that VHF can be heard and operated from.
6. At least one flare.
7. A moro bar.
8. Small Pump/H2Go water
9. Cell Phone

Also a whistle.

That would about do it. Then in worst case scenario, you have all that you require with ya!!
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Tue Jul 14 2009, 08:22

2-EXTREME I think you forgot about the Kitchen sink...
Brian
Brian

Male
Number of posts : 33
Job/hobbies : self employed contractor
Humor : Did you hear the one about the .....
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

JETSKIFISHING Wet suit Empty Wetsuit

Post  Innsie Wed Jul 15 2009, 09:18

Hi Andrew. Mark got it pretty right in terms of a wish list. I'd only add built in booties so it's like a part dry suit type of arrangement that is easy to move in... but layering is the best flexible option I've discovered rather than one suit does it all.

From our recent chat, I understood you were looking more for ideas for a wetsuit rather than PFD, etc... I have a bit of practical experience in research, product design through to production and distribution, albeit in the financial sector. I'm certain the theory and practical learnings I have is relative across all industry.

I recommend strongly that you think wide about the market research you're doing here and keep it in context. I discovered that when you ask for ideas like you have here, people (us out here) will always freely give you an ideal wish list. Whether that really means it's what we'd actually BUY or USE in reality, is a separate matter... so I guess this is stage one of your research?

I'm a practical realist and recommend the K.I.S.S. principle. You will clearly need to come up with something that is economic to produce and is reasonably priced or your unlikely to sell them. Therefore it's worth asking people what they'd pay (a price range) or whether they would REALLY buy one if they've already set themselves up because you may create a cool thing but no one would actually part with the money!

For what it's worth, my view is I'm happy with the 2 piece wetsuit I use at it helps may layer a top if I need to. The only things I'd prefer is: -

a zip in the front for the men to have ready access to the emergency release valve we have permanently attached to our bodies for fluid evacuation procedures Very Happy
pocket for marine radio that Mark also mentions
pocket for camera
flare pocket built into lower leg section

In practical terms I don't think you need other bells and whistles. They sound great but reality... I find it easy to put the softbait in my chilly bin, my PFD has a D loop and I keep hooks in a small case. You may be able to add those bells and whistles in a holder of some sort that is attached to the front of the chilly bin and sold as a separate item rather than going for the all in one approach that you may find is too limiting and too expensive to produce?

Leave it with you... hope it helps and YES I will aim to call you in the next week and you can have a drive of the toy! I appreciate your generosity this evening! Regards Neil
Innsie
Innsie

Male
Number of posts : 198
PWC : Seadoo RXT-X
Best fish landed on your ski : 2m Bronze Whaler off Motihue... well almost landed but cut the line!
Job/hobbies : Finance Adviser / Broker / Business Consultant / Snapper Whisperer / Comedian
Humor : Flight of the Conchords - RULE
Registration date : 2009-05-15

http://www.pfgroup.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down