RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ohhh man wish it was my battery that was flat!!

+2
penpony28
6 posters

Go down

Ohhh man wish it was my battery that was flat!! Empty Ohhh man wish it was my battery that was flat!!

Post  penpony28 Sun Nov 01 2009, 10:08

Well no fish and a sore back after my awesome cartwheel across a ferry wake!! Wish my battery was flat as opposed to newbies!! ahh well hopefully we go out again this coming week and I can have some fish for dinner and try to avoid another wake. Was rather funny coming home and telling the olds they got no fish for dinz.... Also a question about wakes how do you avoid falling off?...

penpony28

Male
Number of posts : 11
Job/hobbies : Fishing, Fishing and jet ski fishing!
Registration date : 2009-10-31

http://www.kalessibathroomware.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Ohhh man wish it was my battery that was flat!! Empty Re: Ohhh man wish it was my battery that was flat!!

Post  newbie Sun Nov 01 2009, 19:01

LOL, sounds crazy man.
Wish i was there to see that, mind you I probally would have done the same thing.
Hopefully all your gear was still on the ski?
Why no fish, just the learning of softbaiting?
Innsie said he caught 6 fish, dont know how 2 Extreme went?
Man they have nice skis a!

I definatly keen for this weekend, have told the misses im off and for her to find something to do.
Bloody after having the flat battery, got home and stuck into chours, not my day of having fun I tell you.

Nice meeting you mate and us newbies will catch some fish, dont worry the weather is only going to get warmer and fish start coming in.
see you this weekend.

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-10-27

Back to top Go down

Ohhh man wish it was my battery that was flat!! Empty Re: Ohhh man wish it was my battery that was flat!!

Post  softbaiter Sun Nov 01 2009, 22:15

penpony28 wrote:Also a question about wakes how do you avoid falling off?...

Hit it square and with a medium pace standing up with knees bent, not to fast, not to slow.... of course there is the other method of just slowing down, but most of the time that is not an option Laughing Laughing
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Number of posts : 517
PWC : Yammie FX140 fishing machine.
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb Snap
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  penpony28 Sun Nov 01 2009, 22:50

newbie wrote:LOL, sounds crazy man.
Wish i was there to see that, mind you I probally would have done the same thing.
Hopefully all your gear was still on the ski?
Why no fish, just the learning of softbaiting?
Innsie said he caught 6 fish, dont know how 2 Extreme went?
Man they have nice skis a!

I definatly keen for this weekend, have told the misses im off and for her to find something to do.
Bloody after having the flat battery, got home and stuck into chours, not my day of having fun I tell you.

Nice meeting you mate and us newbies will catch some fish, dont worry the weather is only going to get warmer and fish start coming in.
see you this weekend.

Yeah man all the gear stayed on tight! I followed 2 extreme the whole time he caught 1. I caught a small gurnard chucked it bak. But yeah I will say I took out some squid with me and believe it or not I got no bites with it. But with the softbait Blue Sapphire caught the gurnard. So I do believe that it works!!
And they have awesome skis and good dudes to!!

Peace cya in the weekend man.

penpony28

Male
Number of posts : 11
Job/hobbies : Fishing, Fishing and jet ski fishing!
Registration date : 2009-10-31

http://www.kalessibathroomware.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  Innsie Mon Nov 02 2009, 04:05

Hi Alex and Penpony. Great to meet you both yesterday. Bummer about Alex's battery episode but as others have said... better it happened there and not out on the water! Good lesson for all. As I mentioned, I have a trickle charger attached to my battery after each use. Keeps it in top condition as there's NO WAY I want a flat battery when miles off coast.

Penpony - I always jump wakes REAL quick and go for max air... unless I'm rigged for fishing. With the gear on, I'm a nanna and idle above them as there's no way I want to lose a load of fish or any gear. 90 degrees is safest.

I managed to catch 6 snapper yesterday in Motiuhe channel. Bite time came on at 10:30 but was quickly over at about 10:45! Biggest was actually about 60cm (not 65... I just got excited with the storey). Will post pics via Andrew later tonight if I get the chance.

Aiming to get out one morning on the weekend if weather/ tide's good to go.
Innsie
Innsie

Male
Number of posts : 198
PWC : Seadoo RXT-X
Best fish landed on your ski : 2m Bronze Whaler off Motihue... well almost landed but cut the line!
Job/hobbies : Finance Adviser / Broker / Business Consultant / Snapper Whisperer / Comedian
Humor : Flight of the Conchords - RULE
Registration date : 2009-05-15

http://www.pfgroup.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  memfis Mon Nov 02 2009, 04:20

afternoon! yes im up for the weekend! so if anybody wants to go out im keen (sick of fishin on me tod) only thing is! i can not put my ski in water till 7.30am as the wifes a nurse and comes home at 7.15!!! gutted!

any takers? 0212450636 or markysmith2003@yahoo.co.uk

Cya Mark
memfis
memfis

Male
Number of posts : 63
PWC : fx ho waverunner
Best fish landed on your ski : 13.1/2lb snapper
Job/hobbies : Refrigeration/ air con
Humor : Dont ask me!! i dont care.
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Shdbefishn? Tue Nov 03 2009, 00:02

Ferry wake?? Where is the Ferry wake?? Roflmao, umm I know someone who chases the ferry wake for fun.

Also check out Andrews Youtube page and you will see some pics of us playing in the Waihi bar, fully kitted out for fishing with some nice air.
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  newbie Tue Nov 03 2009, 01:33

memfis wrote:afternoon! yes im up for the weekend! so if anybody wants to go out im keen (sick of fishin on me tod) only thing is! i can not put my ski in water till 7.30am as the wifes a nurse and comes home at 7.15!!! gutted!

any takers? 0212450636 or markysmith2003@yahoo.co.uk

Cya Mark

Hi Mark,
Im fishing for sure, tides look good to. hopefully wind dies down.
give me a text when suits.
Alex 021 336 411

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down