RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VX110 GPS/FF Options

2 posters

Go down

VX110 GPS/FF Options Empty VX110 GPS/FF Options

Post  gwarrington1 Wed Feb 10 2010, 05:09

Hi,

Has anyone set up GPS & FF on a VX110. Would be interested to see what can be done without too many holes having to be drilled.

Cheers Cool

gwarrington1

Male
Number of posts : 6
PWC : Yamaha VX110 Sport
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

VX110 GPS/FF Options Empty Re: VX110 GPS/FF Options

Post  Shdbefishn? Wed Feb 10 2010, 09:04

If your going on the overnighter I will show you my setup, otherwise will dig out some pics which I know I have somewhere. ff/gps combo in the glovebox, transducer mounted through the hull. Mine works great but you do get better readings if transducer is in contact with the water, although then it can be busted off. Need to ensure if you do through the hull that you find a single skinned spot.
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  gwarrington1 Thu Feb 11 2010, 06:27

Shdbefishn? wrote:If your going on the overnighter I will show you my setup, otherwise will dig out some pics which I know I have somewhere. ff/gps combo in the glovebox, transducer mounted through the hull. Mine works great but you do get better readings if transducer is in contact with the water, although then it can be busted off. Need to ensure if you do through the hull that you find a single skinned spot.

Pics would be great thanks Very Happy

gwarrington1

Male
Number of posts : 6
PWC : Yamaha VX110 Sport
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

VX110 GPS/FF Options Empty Re VX110 GPS/FF

Post  Shdbefishn? Thu Feb 11 2010, 22:38

This is a previous posting which shows the gps/ff.
https://jetskifishing.forumotion.net/all-other-chat-f27/gps-fishfinder-setup-t486.htm#2705
I have a SLA glued under the cowling with silicone which powers this and the NAV lights, I will try & dig out a photo of the tranducer mounting, in the meantime, If you remove the exhaust ducting and lift off the large polystyrene block over the drive tunnel you well get a good view of the hull, if you look towards the rear you will see a v shaped section on either side of the drive tunnel where it is single skinned. If you also look underneath the ski you will see where the metal of the intake covers part of this v shaped area, mount the transducer in this area where it is not covered by the intake grate. Clean the area off well, Most glued transducers reccomend expoxy but silicone works just as well and can be more easily removed, just watch out it has no air pockets.
Shdbefishn?
Shdbefishn?

Male
Number of posts : 320
PWC : 2006 VX110
Best fish landed on your ski : 68cm snap - no scales (well the fish had some lol) Hammerhead Shark..
Job/hobbies : Fishing
Humor : lol of course
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down