RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

these guys are pretty hardcore

4 posters

Go down

these guys are pretty hardcore Empty these guys are pretty hardcore

Post  softbaiter Fri Jan 09 2009, 19:45

softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Number of posts : 517
PWC : Yammie FX140 fishing machine.
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb Snap
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

these guys are pretty hardcore Empty Re: these guys are pretty hardcore

Post  Aka Hooter Fri Jan 09 2009, 23:13

That's a serious amount of chafe time on the " Wedding Tackle " how long can a person sit on a jet ski with wet nuts. I really don't think this could be done the long ocean legs would be impossible I would think.
Aka Hooter
Aka Hooter

Male
Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  nowornever Mon Jan 12 2009, 10:41

OMG cracking up
nowornever
nowornever

Male
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Mon Jan 12 2009, 19:10

I certainly hope these guys can get the final sponsorship they require to make this epic journey possible. Jeremy has put in a significant amount of time, effort and training in to try and make it possible. They have fascinating obstacles to overcome with Pirates, Jetski Banned Canals and middle of nowhere support requirements etc. I have spoken several times with Jeremy and he loves what we are doing for Personal Watercraft. They rode around New Zealand in what was truly a fantastic adventure and one that after reading the book Jeremy wrote gave me more confidence in what these fantastic fishing platform we use are capable of.

Get on to their ride around New Zealand website and read through the diary notes as a snipit of each day.......I was in awe as these guys were in wicked conditions and riding up to 10 hours a day to then get up the next morning and do it again !!!!

Here is an excert from their diary of the leg from Russell to Ahipara:
After North Cape we had strong headwinds and nasty chop to a lunch stop on the skis just short of Cape Reinga. We rounded Cape Reinga around midday only to see a horrifying sight. Just off the cape 6m swells were breaking for a few kilometers. The whole scene was in turmoil and looked like something from a horror movie. We both admitted later that we had been terrified but we managed to find a way through making very slow progress against the near vertical waves. The Seadoos were awesome in these conditions.

2 hours later and 30km further on the swells dropped to a consistent 4m with chop and a 50km/hr wind. It took us 5 hours to do the last 80km to Ahipara. We arrived exhausted and almost out of fuel. Time on skis 10.5 hrs

Here is the link to the website for their ride around New Zealand and if you want more I would suggest reading the book. I did and PWCs when riden with respect are truly awesome machines !!

http://www.burglarbrothers.com/diary.htm
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Mon Jan 12 2009, 19:49

far out thats wicked, I like the aero dynamic boxes on the back of the skis.
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Number of posts : 517
PWC : Yammie FX140 fishing machine.
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb Snap
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Aka Hooter Mon Jan 12 2009, 22:32

Well I wish them all the best! the trip around New Zealand is a fantastic achievement and these boys must be pretty fit. I bet they were sore and aching for many weeks after that endurance effort. I imagine that they were not far off shore and definitely in sight of land almost all of the way. To go from London to Sydney in anything other than superb conditions would seem almost impossible to me. The Ocean legs create enormous logistical challengers for the support team. Good luck to them and I hope they can do it .Certainly you have to admire anyone that would even consider such a challenge.
Aka Hooter
Aka Hooter

Male
Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  2-EXTREME Tue Jan 13 2009, 18:57

Softbaiter the boxes are the additional fuel tanks which from memory carried another 80litres.

Incredible effort and all for Charity.
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down